Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #103607
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Tuning Question" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
hnda8rMay-24-08 04:44 AM
Member since Jan 08th 2008
74 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103607, "Tuning Question"

Please dont bash me. I just wanted to know if I could piece together a kit for less that 500 dollars. I got everything except the wideband.

Is it possible to get a car tuned without a wideband O2?? I recently pieced together a turbo kit and I ran out of money before I could order the wideband. Im running a walbro 255 high flow with stock injectors, cause I only want to run 8 to 10 pounds. I have a SAFC 2 put in and set to gradually raise the fuel when boosting. Im new to all this tuning stuff. I also have a un-named FMU (Got it from a turbo Neon).

I guess what Im trying to get at is, is there anyone near Harrisburg Pa that knows a lot about tuning, and that could help me out. Right now my car is running like sh*t, but there are no codes. When I lightly press the accelerator the car boosts well (5pounds), but when I press on it normally the car sputters like its getting no fuel, or too much. IDK, I just need some help.

Luis.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
eclipse982nrRSTMay-24-08 05:36 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103608, "RE: Tuning Question"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by hnda8r
Please dont bash me. I just wanted to know if I could piece together a kit for less that 500 dollars. I got everything except the wideband. Is it possible to get a car tuned without a wideband O2?? I recently pieced together a turbo kit and I ran out of money before I could order the wideband. Im running a walbro 255 high flow with stock injectors, cause I only want to run 8 to 10 pounds. I have a SAFC 2 put in and set to gradually raise the fuel when boosting. Im new to all this tuning stuff. I also have a un-named FMU (Got it from a turbo Neon). I guess what Im trying to get at is, is there anyone near Harrisburg Pa that knows a lot about tuning, and that could help me out. Right now my car is running like sh*t, but there are no codes. When I lightly press the accelerator the car boosts well (5pounds), but when I press on it normally the car sputters like its getting no fuel, or too much. IDK, I just need some help. Luis.

adjusting for boost correction with an afc practicly does nothing. most people here only use safc's to lean out an idle when using larger injectors. also, you should have gotten a good fmu. and you could be seeing fuel cut. do you have a missing link or fcd ?

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

hnda8rMay-24-08 05:39 AM
74 posts,
#103609, "RE: Tuning Question"
In response to Reply # 1
May-24-08 05:42 AM by hnda8r

I forgot to mention that I have a Missing Link. And besides the 200 dollar SFMU, what could I use?

eclipse982nrRSTMay-24-08 07:22 AM
6314 posts,
#103610, "RE: Tuning Question"
In response to Reply # 2

I forgot to mention that I have a Missing Link. And besides the 200 dollar SFMU, what could I use?

You could use a Vortech FMU. If you have stock injectors, use a 12:1 calibration kit with it. I personally would not use any other brand besides Vortech and Aeromotive which I use now.

Get rid of the no namer FMU you have now and use a good one. I realize you are a tight budget to turbo your car, but keep in mind, if you use junk parts that could have a tendency to fail, you will be replacing an engine possibly. Not saying a better brand would not or could not fail either, but its much more likely for them not to.

You get what you pay for.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

hnda8rMay-24-08 08:09 AM
74 posts,
#103611, "RE: Tuning Question"
In response to Reply # 3

Ok, Im going to park the car til I get a "name brand" FMU. Looks like my car will be sitting for awhile. Thanks.

Luis.

foggy45May-24-08 08:47 AM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#103612, "RE: Tuning Question"
In response to Reply # 4

do you have a fuel pressure gauge or any way to monitor if in fact your rail pressures are rising when you get into boost?
could be that the fmu you have now is faulty or *may* be hooked up wrong so that it wont rise propperly.
or (contrary to my friend above ) the fmu could be just fine and you are hitting cut because your missing link is fubared, which is why more and more people here are switching to a FCD instead.
now THAT piece you can get cheap from people here.

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

hnda8rMay-24-08 05:22 PM
74 posts,
#103616, "RE: Tuning Question"
In response to Reply # 5

Well I followed everything that is said on the SAFC tuning guide on here by RS_Guy, and now it takes my car a couple times to turn over and it really idles like crap and runs like crap. I do not have an open empty road that I could tune it like the guide said to. So now Im completely confused, and I need some hands on help ASAP. I could pay someone to look at it, I just want it driveable again. Im desperate here. LMK

Luis.

streetlightningMay-24-08 08:56 PM
Member since Mar 19th 2004
778 posts,
#103618, "RE: Tuning Question"
In response to Reply # 6
May-24-08 08:59 PM by streetlightning

take all that crap off your car....you don't seem to know what your doing, and u don't know how to figure out what ur doing by searching....

you could piece 1 together, but it would be crap, so why would u want to?

you say ur desperate, which prolly means u need this car reliable...so take all the crap u tried to put on it off..im really surprised the thread went on this long...after all it did start out with "don't bash me guys"

look luis , its called search function. if you want to boost a car , u need more then 500 bux, and in your case, you need daily diver b/c uve now screwed ur car over so bad it wont drive or idle normally.

eclipse982nrRSTMay-25-08 01:32 AM
6314 posts,
#103619, "RE: Tuning Question"
In response to Reply # 6

Well I followed everything that is said on the SAFC tuning guide on here by RS_Guy, and now it takes my car a couple times to turn over and it really idles like crap and runs like crap. I do not have an open empty road that I could tune it like the guide said to. So now Im completely confused, and I need some hands on help ASAP. I could pay someone to look at it, I just want it driveable again. Im desperate here. LMK Luis.

do you have pin outs set correctly and all the settings on the AFC correct?

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

eclipse982nrRSTMay-25-08 03:22 AM
6314 posts,
#103620, "RE: Tuning Question"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by streetlightning
take all that crap off your car....you don't seem to know what your doing, and u don't know how to figure out what ur doing by searching.... you could piece 1 together, but it would be crap, so why would u want to? you say ur desperate, which prolly means u need this car reliable...so take all the crap u tried to put on it off..im really surprised the thread went on this long...after all it did start out with "don't bash me guys" look luis , its called search function. if you want to boost a car , u need more then 500 bux, and in your case, you need daily diver b/c uve now screwed ur car over so bad it wont drive or idle normally.

Relax dude. I dont recall you being the most knowledgable person here, or the best tuning expert either, so why are you coming here bashing this guy? Get lost.

He came here asking for some help, not a typical newbie question how to do this or that. He got his shit together and now he is just having some issues with it running correctly. It has hapened to me before as well, so stfu.

If a question has been asked 10 million times, everyone here knows I will be the first to jump on them. Has this been asked in the passed, maybe, but I dont recal any recent anwers to his specific question.

Now we are here to help everyone out, so we will continue to do so.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

hnda8rMay-25-08 04:33 AM
74 posts,
#103621, "RE: Tuning Question"
In response to Reply # 8

Yes I have the pin outs done correctly, and I set up the AFC just like the AFC guide on this site. Im going to try to do set it up again, and read the guide over again and see if I missed something. That how to should at least get the car driveable. That way I could try to get it to a dyno or something. According to the how to, your supposed to hold the accelerator to a certain rpm and adjust from there, but I dont have an empty open road and also dont really have someone that could sit there and help me out.

Luis

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #103607 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic