Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #9577
View in threaded mode

Subject: "install" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
optimuspetersonNov-16-01 05:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2353 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9577, "install"

i plan on installing my hrc or star stage 1 myself. i'm still not sure witch kit yet.
but anyway...
i would like you guys to rate how hard you think the install is
lets say from 1 - 10. 1 being something like changing spark plug wires and 10 being like ummm somehting really hard.

95 GS
AEM Cold Air Intake
Max Speed Coilovers
J-Speed Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors
Generation 3 Altezas

In the mail: Blitz front end, Fiber Images Carbon Fiber Hood

http://home.bendcable.com/optimuspeterson <<<<HRC Stage 2 and Star Instructions
95 Eclipse - SOLD | 93 BMW 318is - SOLD | 2000 S-10 Extreme on 20's - SOLD
93 Toyota/shaved/bagged/body dropped - SOLD | 97 GSX - SOLD
2006 Scion tC

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
toykillaNov-16-01 07:37 PM
Old School 2GNTer
881 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9578, "RE: install"
In response to Reply # 0

Id say a 5 on the HRC kit...it wasnt that hard at all. Unless you dont know how to use a drill and lose all the bolts when you take them off your ride...its easy. The hardest part is drilling the oil pan and the drilling part is easy. Its just a pain to get that thing off. Everything else is pretty simple. You could do it without instructions if you knew what had to be done. But like myself on my first turbo install I had no clue so read the instructions a couple times and once more, it will be easy if you do. Good Luck...!~

Robert Parkhurst
toykilla@comcast.net

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

optimuspetersonNov-16-01 07:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2353 posts,
#9579, "RE: install"
In response to Reply # 1

is the either one of the kits....star or hrc... harder to install than the other?

95 GS
AEM Cold Air Intake
Max Speed Coilovers
Generation 3 Altezas

2006 Scion tC

toykillaNov-16-01 07:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
881 posts,
#9580, "RE: install"
In response to Reply # 2

I have no experience with the star kit but im pretty sure its the same thing. There are a few mandatories when upgraded a non-turbo to turbo. fuel is one and oil lines is the second...I dont see why theres would be any different in the bigger aspects of a turbo kit. correct me if im wrong you star owners...

Robert Parkhurst
toykilla@comcast.net

optimuspetersonNov-16-01 08:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2353 posts,
#9581, "RE: install"
In response to Reply # 3

does the star kit come with all the oil lines/fittings and fuel lines/fittings?

95 GS
AEM Cold Air Intake
Max Speed Coilovers
Generation 3 Altezas

2006 Scion tC

toykillaNov-16-01 08:05 PM
Old School 2GNTer
881 posts,
#9582, "RE: install"
In response to Reply # 4

I would hope so..I hear it comes with "everything" you need except boost gauge and BOV for stageI kits. I think the BOV is an option though that you would ask for at time of order. I vote for you to get the HRC kit because "if" you do need help someone can actually help you, unlike the star kits.

Robert Parkhurst
toykilla@comcast.net

TeamStan2gntNov-17-01 12:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#9583, "RE: install"
In response to Reply # 5

Yeah it comes with everything and yeah you can get help just not from star (buy from a reputatble shop). The only major things I can see different in the installs are the inline vs intank pump and the return line vs FMU/vacuum line to the rear of the car. If its a 95' install will be easier either way (no electronics or return line or FMU at the rear to install). I would say getting the old parts off for me was a 7 and actually putting the kit on was a 3.

http://stan2gnt.homestead.com/home.html
Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon 420A-Turbo
Former and future nitrous user

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

deuceNov-17-01 03:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1065 posts,
#9584, "RE: install"
In response to Reply # 6

This performance shop by me said, they would supply the stage 2 kit and do the install for $5k, is that a rip? I dont know anything about installing turbos. But I'm decent when it comes to installing anything in my car. What needs to be done exactly with the fuel pump, fuel lines and oil lines?

Thanx alot

My 2gnt will forever be missed.....
Hello 1997 GS-T Spyder!!!!

deuceNov-17-01 03:03 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1065 posts,
#9585, "RE: install"
In response to Reply # 7

Another thing, I was thinking about just getting rid of my car, but I dont want to part with it, is it worth putting a turbo in an automatic?

Thanks alot

1TuffRSNov-17-01 03:48 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#9586, "RE: install"
In response to Reply # 8

Shogun is an automatic and he has a stage 3 set up and he just put a whoopin on an s2000, check the war stories. And that is almost like paying for two turbo kits, I havent done it but a lot of people on this board have installed their own with a little help. Plus if you do it yourself you will understand the system better and would be able to diagnose/correct any problems easier IMO.

-Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed
GST exhaust | custom cold air intake | axxis pads | Hurricane_GS shifter | Progress Springs | Rockford Fosgate MP3 Player & Speakers
TDaug@yahoo.com

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

deuceNov-17-01 04:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1065 posts,
#9587, "RE: install"
In response to Reply # 9

thats cool. Thanks alot

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #9577 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic