Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #86418
View in threaded mode

Subject: ".42/.48 T3/T4? uhh so yeah, any good?" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
BumpinTalonMay-30-05 05:16 AM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#86418, ".42/.48 T3/T4? uhh so yeah, any good?"
May-30-05 05:23 AM by BumpinTalon

alright I searched and my braincase started to ache, T3/T4 turned up too many results and .42/.48 didn't turn up enough
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7977650029&category=33742

.42 compressor, .48 exhaust. he says its a T3/T4 but if it is, it is the smallest one I have ever heard of. it looks like it is a Mopar upgrade turbo for the turbo Dodges to me, but I'm really not sure.

I'm leaning towards it spools crazily fast but would have trouble making even 300hp. am I right??

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
GSGoinFastMay-30-05 08:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
822 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#86420, "RE: .42/.48 T3/T4? uhh so yeah, any good?"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by BumpinTalon
alright I searched and my braincase started to ache, T3/T4 turned up too many results and .42/.48 didn't turn up enough http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7977650029&category=33742 .42 compressor, .48 exhaust. he says its a T3/T4 but if it is, it is the smallest one I have ever heard of. it looks like it is a Mopar upgrade turbo for the turbo Dodges to me, but I'm really not sure. I'm leaning towards it spools crazily fast but would have trouble making even 300hp. am I right??

thats real weird. thats the same a/r as my T3. but whats weird is it looks like the exhaust housing has the 5 bolt t3 flange, but it has the 4 t4 bolt holes in it... very weird.

-Chris
1999 Eclipse T-GS

2.4 Project is Officially underway

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BumpinTalonMay-30-05 08:13 AM
2381 posts,
#86421, "RE: .42/.48 T3/T4? uhh so yeah, any good?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by GSGoinFast
Originally posted by BumpinTalon alright I searched and my braincase started to ache, T3/T4 turned up too many results and .42/.48 didn't turn up enough http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7977650029&category=33742 .42 compressor, .48 exhaust. he says its a T3/T4 but if it is, it is the smallest one I have ever heard of. it looks like it is a Mopar upgrade turbo for the turbo Dodges to me, but I'm really not sure. I'm leaning towards it spools crazily fast but would have trouble making even 300hp. am I right??
thats real weird. thats the same a/r as my T3. but whats weird is it looks like the exhaust housing has the 5 bolt t3 flange, but it has the 4 t4 bolt holes in it... very weird.

that's why I'm asking this question there was a T3 I was looking at before that had the same a/r as this but this one looks nothing like it... might flow a bit better in the top end... but I really don't know its only $260cdn brand new so I am tempted to get it.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

XMasta19May-30-05 01:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
650 posts,
#86430, "RE: .42/.48 T3/T4? uhh so yeah, any good?"
In response to Reply # 2
May-30-05 01:07 PM by XMasta19

I believe that would be the T3/T04E turbo. Definitely the smallest size it comes in, but you also get the benefit of owning a ball bearing turbo. I think that seems to be a pretty damn good deal to me. Go for it, then let us know how it works out for ya.

EDIT: I just happened to notice what I believe says Master Power on the turbo. If so, I'm not too sure that would be a good buy. I have read and heard many horror stories about their turbos basically just falling apart. I know there are some who use them and have never had any problems at all, but others who had them working less than a week. Just do some research on it, and make an informed decision for yourself. If you decide to get it, that is an awesome price for sure.

-Xavier-
95 Eclipse RS-T...lost in the frozen tundra

RST95eclipseMay-30-05 03:01 PM
Member since Oct 19th 2004
403 posts,
#86432, "RE: .42/.48 T3/T4? uhh so yeah, any good?"
In response to Reply # 3

Well I have a .50 compressor and .48 hot side. It needs a center section rebuild. Pics of it are in the For Sale section. Thread is "FS: Many Things......(Pics)"

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMay-30-05 04:21 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#86437, "RE: .42/.48 T3/T4? uhh so yeah, any good?"
In response to Reply # 4

Aww how cute...it looks like a turbo....only smaller.

Garrett discharge flanges came is 2 diff output flanges, 5 bolt and 4 bolt, just depends on how the turbo was assembled from the factory (for which vehicle).

I doubt that is a t3/t4. only way to tell for sure is disassemble the turbo and check the part numbers on the backside compressor wheel.

GSGoinFastMay-31-05 04:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
822 posts,
#86456, "RE: .42/.48 T3/T4? uhh so yeah, any good?"
In response to Reply # 5

dont buy that. its got a $220 starting bid!!! i got mine for $100... you can find a better one for a better price

-Chris
1999 Eclipse T-GS

2.4 Project is Officially underway

BumpinTalonMay-31-05 04:33 AM
2381 posts,
#86457, "RE: .42/.48 T3/T4? uhh so yeah, any good?"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by GSGoinFast
dont buy that. its got a $220 starting bid!!! i got mine for $100... you can find a better one for a better price

thats what I was thinking. I wanted the T3 flange and to start out with a small turbo so I can move up to a T3/T4 down the road, I might just go with a mitsu turbo though

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

BlizareMay-31-05 06:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#86458, "RE: .42/.48 T3/T4? uhh so yeah, any good?"
In response to Reply # 7

Buy it dOod. I wanted boost down low cause I don't rev to 7 grand anyways

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

BumpinTalonMay-31-05 06:58 AM
2381 posts,
#86459, "RE: .42/.48 T3/T4? uhh so yeah, any good?"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by Blizare

I'll probably buy a turbo around the same size, but none of this mystery T3/T4 nonsense. It'll be a real T3 my car is going to be an a-x machine when I'm finished, right now the times were decent, but I'm really down on power comin out of the tight turns and lose a lot of ground to my buddies' cars.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

donnyb373Jun-01-05 08:20 AM
Member since Apr 07th 2004
1122 posts,
#86507, "RE: .42/.48 T3/T4? uhh so yeah, any good?"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by Blizare

not to hijack but i got a .48/.48 t3 off a saab, it has 0 shaft play, and you will hit boost at no morre than 3k, let me know

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #86418 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic