Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #85578
View in threaded mode

Subject: "nitrous" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
perfecteclipseMay-02-05 05:31 PM
Member since May 02nd 2005
5 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85578, "nitrous"

Does anybody know how much nitrous my stock 420a motor can handle?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
JWoodleyMay-02-05 05:37 PM
Member since Mar 27th 2003
2335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85579, "RE: nitrous"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by perfecteclipse
Does anybody know how much nitrous my stock 420a motor can handle?

I'd suggest a 50 shot if you're bone stock. With intake and exhaust you should be able to handle a 75 shot with no problem. Anything larger and you'll crack your rings.

Also, I'm selling my ZEX nitrous kit for $375 + shipping. I've only ran 3 bottles through it (I'm selling the car!). I also have an AEMv2 cold air intake that is already tapped for the nitrous as well as a greddy header and downpipe if you are interested. Feel free to shoot any N20 questions my way!

Joseph

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

perfecteclipseMay-02-05 06:07 PM
5 posts,
#85580, "RE: nitrous"
In response to Reply # 1

Was it hard to hook up?

tim97rsMay-02-05 05:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#85581, "RE: nitrous"
In response to Reply # 0

OMG.....1....2......3......4......5......6......7.......8........9............10......

okay, first off let me welcome you to the sight. Second, you are about to get very flamed for this question. You HAVE GOT TO DO A SEARCH!!!!!!! this is so basic, and has been coverd elevendy billion times. the best way to be a member on here is to search first, then ask if you cant find anything. dont just try one search, try many times!
lastly, post in the correct forum, the mods did not give up half thier lives to sepereate out all the very valuable info on this sight into easy to find sections, only to have topics like this posted incorrectly!

welcome to the sight... now go search.

USED TO HAVE...Everything you wish you had, and then some...

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

JWoodleyMay-02-05 06:22 PM
Member since Mar 27th 2003
2335 posts,
#85582, "RE: nitrous"
In response to Reply # 3

Was it hard to hook up?

Nope. Very easy. Buy my kit and I'll walk you through it! I'll be your very own tech support!

Originally posted by tim97rs
OMG.....1....2......3......4......5......6......7.......8........9............10...... okay, first off let me welcome you to the sight. Second, you are about to get very flamed for this question. You HAVE GOT TO DO A SEARCH!!!!!!! this is so basic, and has been coverd elevendy billion times. the best way to be a member on here is to search first, then ask if you cant find anything. dont just try one search, try many times! lastly, post in the correct forum, the mods did not give up half thier lives to sepereate out all the very valuable info on this sight into easy to find sections, only to have topics like this posted incorrectly! welcome to the sight... now go search.

Tim, dont be an ass. No need to make a useless post to up your count. FYI, this is a webSITE. Have a nice day.

perfecteclipseMay-02-05 06:25 PM
5 posts,
#85583, "RE: nitrous"
In response to Reply # 4

i was thinking about getting a NOS kit

(NOS Power Shot Wet System for Most Sport Compact 4cyl And 6cyl Vehicles . (All Components in this kit are Genuine NOS))

Kaoz78May-02-05 06:42 PM
Member since Dec 20th 2003
407 posts,
#85584, "RE: nitrous"
In response to Reply # 5

Man try searching the Turbo\Nitrous Tech Section on the site. I have seen this question answered several times. I'm pretty sure it's 75 hp. Don't quote me on that though. Just tryin to steer you near the answer.

Originally posted by silverarrow
I never said I was going to run 13s with my car with nothing but a sack of rice.

totaleklipse97May-02-05 06:41 PM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
#85585, "RE: nitrous"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by JWoodley
Originally posted by perfecteclipse Was it hard to hook up?
Nope. Very easy. Buy my kit and I'll walk you through it! I'll be your very own tech support!
Originally posted by tim97rs OMG.....1....2......3......4......5......6......7.......8........9............10...... okay, first off let me welcome you to the sight. Second, you are about to get very flamed for this question. You HAVE GOT TO DO A SEARCH!!!!!!! this is so basic, and has been coverd elevendy billion times. the best way to be a member on here is to search first, then ask if you cant find anything. dont just try one search, try many times! lastly, post in the correct forum, the mods did not give up half thier lives to sepereate out all the very valuable info on this sight into easy to find sections, only to have topics like this posted incorrectly! welcome to the sight... now go search.
Tim, dont be an ass. No need to make a useless post to up your count. FYI, this is a webSITE. Have a nice day.

I'm sure Tim could care less about his post count! Their was a very good point Tim made, it was not a useless post. There is a WHOLE SECTION of this FORUM devoted to N2O and this "new member" needs to be aware of the layout of this forum.

FYI, "perfecteclipse" there is a large section of this forum dedicated to nitrous tech. There are some GREAT articles and more information that you will need with your current setup. Installation is quite simple, and there are several threads with basically a writeup on HOW TO install your kit. Please read thru the turbo/nitrous section as it will give u all the answers you will have for your current and future setups.

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

perfecteclipseMay-03-05 03:42 PM
5 posts,
#85586, "RE: nitrous"
In response to Reply # 7

o well i just wanted advice

MalenkoMay-03-05 06:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#85587, "RE: nitrous"
In response to Reply # 8
May-03-05 06:13 PM by Malenko

o well i just wanted advice

look out for the new-guy haters, and prepare to be told to search ALOT.

if you hop on over to the things we've seen before, and look around, same thing with the nitrous forum, there is ALOT to read and learn about.

as stated above, 50 shot is a nice starting point, work from there. There are a few kits for sale in the classified forum

csmakioMay-03-05 07:39 PM
Member since Jun 18th 2003
412 posts,
#85588, "RE: nitrous"
In response to Reply # 9

Guys I know its a repost and its annoying as hell but dont flame him just tell him once to do a search next time and welcome him to the site.

Welcome to the site do a search nextime though.

Dont get a NOS kit buy a Zex kit man, Zex > NOS IMO

HAHN Stage 1 \ Greddy Power Extreme 2.5'' Catback

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #85578 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic