Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #85165
View in threaded mode

Subject: "speed sensor wire-- how do I find it and be sure it is the right one?" Previous topic | Next topic
Dan ZellerApr-23-05 10:26 AM
Member since May 30th 2003
190 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85165, "speed sensor wire-- how do I find it and be sure it is the right one?"

Installing a Greddy TT,

I am about to hook up the speed sensor wire.

I did a SEARCH on here and found that it is a yellow wire with a white stripe and is pin 45 on our ecu.

Now I looked under my dash, found a big group of wires, and there is a yellow wire with a white stripe in that bunch. How can I be sure it is the right one?

In the Chilton's wire diagrams it shows that there is yellow wire with a white stripe going from the speed sensor, as well as the crankshaft pos. sensor and camshaft pos. sensor. How Can I be sure it is the right one?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
AdministratorStar Turbo TalonApr-23-05 09:53 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85166, "RE: speed sensor wire-- how do I find it and be sure it is the right one?"
In response to Reply # 0
Apr-23-05 10:04 PM by Star Turbo Talon

The Chiltons Diagram is wrong as it is in many cases........that has been mentioned quite a few times on this board.

You said you looked under your dash at a yellow with with white strip? Our ECU is not located under the dash.......locate the ECU and you should be able to locate your wire. Have you pulled the speed sensor plug and looked at the wires there for colors? Remember our sensors require voltage (key on only), ground, and ECU signal. That should give you the info to make an educated guess based on testing with a testlight. test the wires, then tell me how you tested nd what wire you choose....i will tell you yay or nay.

Not to be a dick but it tires me giving out the easy answers....i would like to see more of our members learn something about their cars, and how to test electrical sensors, relays, ect.

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

96NTeclipseApr-23-05 10:08 PM
Member since Oct 06th 2003
214 posts,
#85167, "RE: speed sensor wire-- how do I find it and be sure it is the right one?"
In response to Reply # 0

A yellow/ white stripe wire does run to the speedo in the dash harness. I am not perfectly sure if it is the only yellow and white stripe wire in the harness. But I hotwired my speed sensor to said wire to get my speedo to work when I converted to 5 speed. Ignore the pin # location in the Chiltons manual. I think nearly every model year the location of certian pin #'s for the ECU wires changed. But at least the Colors remained the same.

Current Mods:
AEM V2 intake, MP 60mm TB, Accel 24lb injectors, Crane #12 cams,Ross forged 10:1 pistons, Eagle H-beam rods, ARP head and main studs,
Ported and polished head, Crane valve springs, PT rockers and lifters, MSD coil, Accel wires, AFX underdrive pulley,
DC sports ceramic coated header, Ebay testpipe, Apex-i N1 catback, 255 lph fuel pump, Apex-i SAFC, Spec Stage III clutch, Phantom Grip,
full Energy Suspension polyurethane bushing kit, Tokico springs and blue shocks, Russell steel braided clutch and brake lines,
17" Koning Imagines, NOS 100 hp direct port N20 kit

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #85165 Previous topic | Next topic