Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 6 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #80046
View in threaded mode

Subject: "My New GT28-R" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
WickedESiDec-04-04 09:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80046, "My New GT28-R"
Dec-04-04 09:23 PM by WickedESi

It has a dual ballistic ball bearing cartridge ,

I was going to clock it tonight but I don't have large enough right angle snap ring pliers, so I made some out of mild steel but they bent radially... That c-clip is monsterous.

Does anyone happen to know what the stock wg actuator on these things are rated at?

Also, does anyone make T2 flanged exhaust manifolds for our car? I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to make my exhaust manifold.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
AdministratorStar Turbo TalonDec-04-04 09:32 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80047, "RE: My New GT28-R"
In response to Reply # 0

Actually that is a t3 manifold flange. Hahn of star will work.

terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

WickedESiDec-04-04 09:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#80048, "RE: My New GT28-R"
In response to Reply # 1
Dec-04-04 09:43 PM by WickedESi

T25/28's turbine housings use a T2 flange (slightly smaller than a T3 flange).

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonDec-05-04 12:24 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#80051, "RE: My New GT28-R"
In response to Reply # 2

Okay then i stand corrected....custom manifold required for 420a.

Terry

MrSlickDec-05-04 04:00 AM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
1120 posts,
#80052, "RE: My New GT28-R"
In response to Reply # 3

Awww, it's so small and cute

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

http://www.ms-custom.com

WickedESiDec-05-04 06:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#80057, "RE: My New GT28-R"
In response to Reply # 4
Dec-05-04 06:45 AM by WickedESi

Originally posted by MrSlick

Hey!... It will spool fast though.

TeamAvengerDec-05-04 08:15 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#80061, "RE: My New GT28-R"
In response to Reply # 5

The GT28 should be using a T25 flange. The GT28RS is used in s15 from the factory. It may look cute but you can easily make 300whp with it. The problem is that since it spools SO fast you will have a very hard time with traction. But still it is a very nice, efficient, responsive turbo. Good buy.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

turbo8uDec-05-04 08:18 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#80062, "RE: My New GT28-R"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by MrSlick

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

BlizareDec-05-04 08:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#80063, "RE: My New GT28-R"
In response to Reply # 7

Cool.

I was just playing with one of those last niight

we bought one for my buddy's s13 upgrade!

wOoo t!

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

JWoodleyDec-05-04 11:36 AM
Member since Mar 27th 2003
2335 posts,
#80069, "RE: My New GT28-R"
In response to Reply # 8

Badass. Whens the install date? Full boost at x RPM?

MrSlickDec-05-04 02:12 PM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
1120 posts,
#80077, "RE: My New GT28-R"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by Avenger
The GT28 should be using a T25 flange. The GT28RS is used in s15 from the factory. It may look cute but you can easily make 300whp with it. The problem is that since it spools SO fast you will have a very hard time with traction. But still it is a very nice, efficient, responsive turbo. Good buy.

I jhave problems with traction on my 57 trim t3/t04e

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

http://www.ms-custom.com

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #80046 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic