Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #79016
View in threaded mode

Subject: "new times for the eclipse.." 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic
siueclipseNov-11-04 10:14 AM
Member since Nov 28th 2002
3504 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#79016, "new times for the eclipse.."

the launch could have been better. car was still bogging down some or i was spinning the slicks. she was doing it all night off the line. this is at 21lbs of boost. no real tuning.. everything set the same as my last dyno run which is in my sig.

Reaction: .689 -.500 on this track is perfect
60ft: 2.019
594ft: 8.417
1/8et: 8.943
1/8mph: 85.53

what do you guys think? next time i go back i will be pushing 27lbs on race gas and have it tuned hopefully.. i should be over 400whp at that point.

whats the mathematical calculation for 1/4 times? i know its not exact for our cars, but it might give me a rough estimate.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
fastpunkNov-07-04 02:33 PM
Member since May 29th 2004
95 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#79017, "RE: new times for the eclipse.."
In response to Reply # 0

I'd say between a 13.5-13.7 in the quarter but this is just rough guess. I'm sure someone else could give you a much more accurate answer.

98' Dodge Avenger
HRC Stage 3

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

soulcontrollerNov-07-04 02:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#79018, "RE: new times for the eclipse.."
In response to Reply # 1

low 13s or high 12s with that 60'.

MattchewNov-07-04 03:35 PM
Member since Oct 23rd 2003
340 posts,
#79022, "RE: new times for the eclipse.."
In response to Reply # 2

Your 60ft time needs work. 2.0 times can be done with a good set of drag radials. Don't get me wrong it's a decent 60ft but with slicks you should be seeing 1.8s or better. Your 1/8th mile time needs work as well but that will most likely come with tuning and more boost. I don't know of any actual calculations but that 1/8th mile time is more consistant with a mid to high 13 second pass. You'll need to be in the mid to low 8s before you'll see 12s.

siueclipseNov-07-04 03:39 PM
3504 posts,
#79023, "RE: new times for the eclipse.."
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Mattchew
Your 60ft time needs work. 2.0 times can be done with a good set of drag radials. Don't get me wrong it's a decent 60ft but with slicks you should be seeing 1.8s or better. Your 1/8th mile time needs work as well but that will most likely come with tuning and more boost. I don't know of any actual calculations but that 1/8th mile time is more consistant with a mid to high 13 second pass. You'll need to be in the mid to low 8s before you'll see 12s.

well.. good opinion..

anyway.. any more opinions from people that I actually trust in what they say, unlike the post above..

MattchewNov-07-04 03:40 PM
340 posts,
#79024, "RE: new times for the eclipse.."
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by siueclipse
Originally posted by Mattchew Your 60ft time needs work. 2.0 times can be done with a good set of drag radials. Don't get me wrong it's a decent 60ft but with slicks you should be seeing 1.8s or better. Your 1/8th mile time needs work as well but that will most likely come with tuning and more boost. I don't know of any actual calculations but that 1/8th mile time is more consistant with a mid to high 13 second pass. You'll need to be in the mid to low 8s before you'll see 12s.
well.. good opinion.. anyway.. any more opinions from people that I actually trust in what they say, unlike the post above..

Take it for what you will, but statistics don't lie. Look at dsmtimes in the FWD section if you don't believe me.

siueclipseNov-07-04 03:52 PM
3504 posts,
#79027, "RE: new times for the eclipse.."
In response to Reply # 5

Ok good. thank you. Lets move away from you now and give someone else the microphone.

MattchewNov-07-04 04:00 PM
340 posts,
#79028, "RE: new times for the eclipse.."
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by siueclipse
Ok good. thank you. Lets move away from you now and give someone else the microphone.

No problem, I'm sorry I did not say what you wanted to hear.

BumpinTalonNov-07-04 05:09 PM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
#79035, "RE: new times for the eclipse.."
In response to Reply # 7
Nov-07-04 05:10 PM by BumpinTalon

Originally posted by Mattchew
Originally posted by siueclipse Ok good. thank you. Lets move away from you now and give someone else the microphone.
No problem, I'm sorry I did not say what you wanted to hear.

wow you guys squabble like girls constantly with no end.
your 60 foot isn't that great for slicks. launch better and your eight mile should drop by quite a bit... when my buddy got his launch downpat he went from running low 14s to low 13s. If you mess up the first 60 feet in a turbo car, your screwed through second gear because odds are you won't spool enough in first to carry the boost through the shift, but you probably already knew that, right?

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

siueclipseNov-07-04 05:18 PM
3504 posts,
#79036, "RE: new times for the eclipse.."
In response to Reply # 8

yeah. i witnessed that several times tonight. haha

MrSlickNov-07-04 06:40 PM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
1120 posts,
#79047, "RE: new times for the eclipse.."
In response to Reply # 9

Just run a damn 1/4 mile and then you'll know what you can do.

Trying to estimate the 1/4 from the 1/8 is never going to be accurate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

http://www.ms-custom.com

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #79016 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic