Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #76329
View in threaded mode

Subject: "HRC Downpipe & AC piping" Previous topic | Next topic
HeDogSep-10-04 04:03 PM
Old School 2GNTer
251 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#76329, "HRC Downpipe & AC piping"

I'm trying to get the turbo on the manifold & the downpipe is hitting the AC piping in such a way that I can't line up the holes to put the studs in. I could force it in there, but then the downpipe is right on the rubber hose for the AC.

What can I do to fix this?

http://www.dsmtuners.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=879

HeDog

'95 Eclipse GS/Turboed

HRC Stage II with FMIC.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneSep-10-04 05:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#76334, "RE: HRC Downpipe & AC piping"
In response to Reply # 0

The AC hoses will bend where they bolt to the compressor if you push hard enough.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

djtrickeeSep-10-04 05:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#76339, "RE: HRC Downpipe & AC piping"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by DarkOne
The AC hoses will bend where they bolt to the compressor if you push hard enough.

with the slowness and caution. Then push more.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

HeDogSep-11-04 02:08 AM
Old School 2GNTer
251 posts,
#76344, "RE: HRC Downpipe & AC piping"
In response to Reply # 2

What about where the hose changes to the piping that goes to the compressor. That fitting is where I'm getting caught. Can you somewhat bend that pipe to gain more room? It looks like if you were to bend that small pipe that it would split or crack.

How far away is everyone's AC hose from their downpipe?

HeDog

'95 Eclipse GS/Turboed

HRC Stage II with FMIC.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneSep-11-04 08:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#76346, "RE: HRC Downpipe & AC piping"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by HeDog
It looks like if you were to bend that small pipe that it would split or crack.

It won't. bend it out of the way.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

HeDogSep-13-04 03:06 AM
Old School 2GNTer
251 posts,
#76399, "RE: HRC Downpipe & AC piping"
In response to Reply # 4

Thanks for the help guys. I got her in there finally.

Another question. How close does your exhaust turbine housing come to your radiator fan. I'm sitting at about 1/4". Is this normal?

HeDog

'95 Eclipse GS/Turboed

HRC Stage II with FMIC.

ChamukoSep-13-04 11:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#76414, "RE: HRC Downpipe & AC piping"
In response to Reply # 5

yes its normal. I added some heat shielding.

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

PiKapp504Sep-14-04 05:31 AM
Member since Feb 22nd 2002
290 posts,
#76441, "RE: HRC Downpipe & AC piping"
In response to Reply # 6

Just one of the advantages to owning an Avenger over an Eclipse! I've got about 2-3" of clearance between the turbo and my fans.

96 Indy Red Dodge Avenger I4 5spd
225.7whp/227.2wtq @ 10psi, currently running 12-14psi.
HRC Stage III turbo setup
JE 8.8:1 pistons
Eagle rods
block bored .020" over
GReddy FMIC w/ custom piping
1G crushed BOV
SPEC Stage 3 clutch
2.5" DP, 2.5" high flow cat, 3" ERT catback w/ Magnaflow muffler and 3" tip.
much much more...

thedawgSep-16-04 05:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#76477, "RE: HRC Downpipe & AC piping"
In response to Reply # 7

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #76329 Previous topic | Next topic