Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #72827
View in threaded mode

Subject: "HELP- S-FMU wont adj vac to set idel fp???" Previous topic | Next topic
BOOSTIN-GSJun-19-04 05:24 AM
Member since Mar 18th 2004
39 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72827, "HELP- S-FMU wont adj vac to set idel fp???"

Here is my set up.I have accel 440's the S-FMU with 2.72 disk and ring / bleed valve and the dark spring. Static fp at 35psi and then when i try to lower the fp with the vac adj screw it dosent do aney thing? WTF???
And yes i have done the fpr mod on the 95 fuel rail. This dam car keeps killin o2 sensors becose i cant get the idel fp down and it runs like crap. Ok so am i just retatred or what's the deal is ths s-fmu i got crap or am i running the wrong set-up for 19lbs of boost.

can aney one can help please im gonna loose my mind tryin to finger this out.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RxR_EclipseJun-19-04 03:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72857, "RE: HELP- S-FMU wont adj vac to set idel fp???"
In response to Reply # 0

wierd. Mine is a 95 and just today I added my new injectors and hacked my pressure regulator, Mine goes below 20 psi. Would the disks/springs make a differance?

Kevin
The old:

The new:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJun-19-04 04:05 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#72858, "RE: HELP- S-FMU wont adj vac to set idel fp???"
In response to Reply # 0

Use the static screw on top to adjust your idle pressure. The vacuum screw is to set the point where the raising rate begines if i remember correctly.

Terry

96 Eagle talon ESI
Star Stage II - Boost/oil/EGT gauges

97 Eclipse
Greddy header/evo exhaust - Stage 2 6 puck Sprung hub MIBA clutch - Shortened shifter - Koni Yellows w/eibach prokit - Stillen Fr/Rr swaybars - ceramic intake - DEI Keyless entry alarm - Niche 17" Shoks

Waiting to be installed: Apexi AFC, HKS EVC IV, 450 Turbo injectors, SFMU/return line, GSX Front brakes (need rotors)

TeamXtremeRSJun-19-04 05:13 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#72859, "RE: HELP- S-FMU wont adj vac to set idel fp???"
In response to Reply # 2

Yeah be sure you are turning out the top allen bolt on the SFMU. If I remember correctly, when i put in larger than stock injectors, I had to use the longer, silver spring inside the SFMU to get a lower idle fuel pressure..Also, leave your vac line connected to the SFMU when setting your idle fuel pressure. I know the directions say to disconnect it for setting the static pressure(0 psi), but it has always worked out fine by adjusting it to set idle fuel pressure, and the static pressure at 0 psi is always where it needs to be.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

BOOSTIN-GSJun-19-04 08:26 PM
Member since Mar 18th 2004
39 posts,
#72868, "RE: HELP- S-FMU wont adj vac to set idel fp???"
In response to Reply # 3

thans for the input but i blew the tranny into a thousand pices today when testing with the s-fmu. it ran good right up till the trans went so i wont be driveing it for awile.

BlueMach5Jun-19-04 09:29 PM
Member since Jul 14th 2002
115 posts,
#72870, "RE: HELP- S-FMU wont adj vac to set idel fp???"
In response to Reply # 4

Since we are on the topic of SFMU, I have a question...
Today RxR_Eclipse and I pressure tested my system in preparation for boost, and I am getting a leak out of the little boost port...
should I block that or what...

and while we were at it, I took the opportunity to do the FPR mod.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #72827 Previous topic | Next topic