Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #48086
View in threaded mode

Subject: "1/4 mile time.. what to expect??" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
kaotikMay-03-03 04:56 PM
Member since Jul 10th 2002
165 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48086, "1/4 mile time.. what to expect??"

Wondering what to expect from turbo install for E.T's? i have a 96' sebring, and im running 8psi with FMIC. i am really curious if anyone with a similar setup ran with thier eclipse.. i know there is a slight wieght difference, but its not that much...

thanks guys..

anyone ever thought of a drive-thru parts store? that would be cool!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
ChamukoMay-03-03 09:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48094, "RE: 1/4 mile time.. what to expect??"
In response to Reply # 0

well no one can answer that man, even if someone had an identical car, with everything yours had and a comparable driver it would be off. Tolerance differences while manufacturing...who knows maybe the drivers mood, can all ammount to advantages and disadvantages.

but, if you want someone to just yell out something,... give more details. Tranny, any head work? what kit? turbo? wtc.

my guess 16-15 on auto.

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

kaotikMay-04-03 06:53 AM
165 posts,
#48101, "RE: 1/4 mile time.. what to expect??"
In response to Reply # 1

>well no one can answer that man, even if someone had an
>identical car, with everything yours had and a comparable
>driver it would be off. Tolerance differences while
>manufacturing...who knows maybe the drivers mood, can all
>ammount to advantages and disadvantages.
>
>but, if you want someone to just yell out something,... give
>more details. Tranny, any head work? what kit? turbo? wtc.
>
>my guess 16-15 on auto.
>

Well i realize there are variables, but theres always someone with similar mods to tell a story... just curious..

i have a 96' with a 5 speed.
underdrive pulley
cam gears
FMIC
8psi
port + polished upper and lower intake manifold
ported and polished throttle body

fullservieMay-04-03 12:21 PM
Old School 2GNTer
74 posts,
#48113, "RE: 1/4 mile time.. what to expect??"
In response to Reply # 2

At 10 psi I was running 15.01 @ 97 mph...that was the best I could do that day....that was on a completely stock motor and only what came with the hrc kit.

HRC/Custom Stage 3 bla,bla
best run yet 13.2@110mph!!!!
15psi and alot of head work
www.Flawlessmotors.com

TeamXtremeRSMay-04-03 12:48 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#48115, "RE: 1/4 mile time.. what to expect??"
In response to Reply # 3

If your car is in good tune, and you can nail a 2.0 or better 60 ft time, then you should be able to hit mid/high 14's at 8 psi. The 60 ft time is what you really need to concenrate on. For every tenth you take off the 60ft, you take off approx 2 tenths in the end 1/4 time. I just ran a 14.6 with a 2.3 60 ft, at 13 psi, so i know i should be able to run at least a 14 flat, if not very high 13's at 13 psi, IF i can nail a sub 2.0 60 ft time(for 13's). Doing that on street tires, FWD, and stock struts, isnt going to happen for me hehe.. If you want the best times possible, get good drag radials(eg. Nitto 555's), take as much weight off of the rear as possible(to lessen weight transfer to the rear when launching), and get adjustable shocks for the rear, and set them as stiff as possible. With that setup, you should nail some really good 60 fters, providing you can launch it well.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

ClipseRSTMay-05-03 08:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
325 posts,
#48160, "RE: 1/4 mile time.. what to expect??"
In response to Reply # 4

On the HRC website it claims Stage 2 on street tires well give you around 13.7 @ 103, thats at 8 psi... How did fullservie get 15.01 @ 97 mph? Thats a big difference. 2 psi higher and over a second slower.

Administratoradmin3May-05-03 10:28 AM
Member since Nov 21st 2002
69 posts,
#48166, "RE: 1/4 mile time.. what to expect??"
In response to Reply # 5
May-05-03 10:29 AM by admin3

The sebring is a little heavier than an eclipse and comparing Bill Hahn driving with any of us behind the wheel is a joke. Moreover, I think many of those times on HRC's site have the RS on some drag radials at the very least. It's all in the launch, and a solid launch with a FWD car isn't easy.

I only managed a 14.8 with 7.5 psi of boost. Not really tremendous either.

kaotikMay-05-03 10:59 AM
165 posts,
#48168, "RE: 1/4 mile time.. what to expect??"
In response to Reply # 6

>The sebring is a little heavier than an eclipse and comparing
>Bill Hahn driving with any of us behind the wheel is a joke.
>Moreover, I think many of those times on HRC's site have the
>RS on some drag radials at the very least. It's all in the
>launch, and a solid launch with a FWD car isn't easy.
>
>I only managed a 14.8 with 7.5 psi of boost. Not really
>tremendous either.

Yeah... i agree... i can launch it pretty good, but need to relearn now with the boost. im hoping for mid to high 14's, but we will see right!! hopefully in the next few weels i will get it on the track... '

Eclipse2NRMay-05-03 06:46 PM
Member since Nov 25th 2002
581 posts,
#48197, "RE: 1/4 mile time.. what to expect??"
In response to Reply # 7

I was actually hoping to dip into the 13's @ 8-9 psi, but if you guys are really having that much trouble, I guess I was a little optimistic about it. I suppose knowing that the car is capable, but just limited by driver and tires makes me feel a little better about it.

1996 Eclipse RS / 5-Speed / Body Components by Aerogear / Coated in Magnetic Red Metallic v2 - More at http://home.insightbb.com/~mgalyan/
Mark Galyan - Greenwood, Indiana

fullservieMay-05-03 07:03 PM
Old School 2GNTer
74 posts,
#48198, "RE: 1/4 mile time.. what to expect??"
In response to Reply # 8

The hrc 1/4 mile times are basically impossible to hit( bull sh*t).I think its just a way to sell more kits. Even at 13 psi, for me it was very hard to hit mid/ high 13's and thats with a built block and head. I've never seen anyone with a basic stage II kit@10 psi hit 13's and if so I'd like to know how,and what was wrong with the track!!

HRC/Custom Stage 3 bla,bla
best run yet 13.2@110mph!!!!
15psi and alot of head work
www.Flawlessmotors.com

TeamJasonESi_TMay-05-03 07:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#48201, "RE: 1/4 mile time.. what to expect??"
In response to Reply # 9

RS_Guy has hit a 13.9 at about 10 psi when he used to post here on a stock engine(that he eventually blew). That's before he moved to the middle east and bought a skyline. He still posts here every so often though.

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #48086 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic