Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #3321
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Tuning on the Adjustable FPR?" Previous topic | Next topic
grneclipseApr-01-01 02:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
743 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3321, "Tuning on the Adjustable FPR?"

Alright, Guys does this sound too weird on the FPR? ON the HRC manual it says that between 5-6 lbs of boost we should see 80-90 lbs of fuel and between 8-9 we should see 105-115?

Ok HRC says to start the bleeder valve at TWO turns out and if fuel pressure is TOO HIGH, to take half turns out and if fuel pressure is TOO LOW during boost to turn it one full turn im,

My situation is this, I've got the t-25 for now, and I've turned the damn thing out 4 Turns, and it still pushes out too much fuel. at 5-6 lbs i'm at a il over 90-95, so is this normal?? should I just keep cranking it?

Also on my base idle pressure, I set it at 50 (some ppl say it's still too high on my t-too small) but everymorning i crank it and it jumps all the way to 60+ so i gotta crank it back down. Today I got it more under control but it's still at 55-56, so SHould I just keep cranking that down too??

DAMN TURBO is a pain, BUT I LOVE BOOST!

Don't have the stock Eclipse anymore
Just a stock Gsr now,

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
fly1Apr-01-01 02:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1470 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3322, "RE: Tuning on the Adjustable FPR?"
In response to Reply # 0

The FPR setting sounds correct, but what year is your car? Is the stock FPR at the end of the fuel rail? If it is, inside the flare fitting which the cap covered is a Schrader check valve. This valve must be removed.

If that isn't the case, then I'd keep turning out (lower the idle fuel pressure), it should only be at 47-55 psi--if you still have stock injectors. It'll be less with bigger injectors.
I hope this helps.

~fly1
http://fastgs.homestead.com/fastgs.html

"Sometimes, a man has to do what a man has to do."

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MWCApr-01-01 06:46 PM
Old School 2GNTer
251 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3323, "Mickey!!!!!!!! I got you a 14B if you want it Real cheap!"
In response to Reply # 1

SEE YA!!!!!!!!!!MWC

http://smkn95eclipsemwc.homestead.com/mainpage.html

ModeratorCorbinApr-02-01 02:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#3324, "What?"
In response to Reply # 1

What are you talking about? I've got a '95 with the FPR on the rail, so I'm interested. Which flare fitting and what cap are you talking about? What is this valve doing? Maybe a picture? Thanks

Corbin
'95 ESI-T
HRC + FMIC
http://members.nbci.com/cbehnken/

Corbin
'97 GSX dressed like a '95 ESi

95ESiApr-02-01 04:15 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#3325, "RE: What?"
In response to Reply # 3

He's referring to the test port on the fuel rail where you can plug in a mechanical fuel pressure guage.

On the latter models, the fuel rail doesn't have the FPR on one end like we do, so to hook up an adjustable FPR to, they use the service port opening to plumb a return line back into the tank.

l e o n

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #3321 Previous topic | Next topic