Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #29382
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Attn: Star Kit Owners" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipseriderAug-19-02 06:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
86 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29382, "Attn: Star Kit Owners"

Sorry to be posting this question here because it is so simple but I am on a slow ass computer that the search takes for ever.

My question is about the VC1 FDC that came with the kit (the little black box) I lost my sheet that tells me what wiring goes where so I need someone to tell me which wires I connect to what.

I would imagine black = ground
red = power
Then I dont know which of the remaining two connects to the map sensor first.

Any help would be greatly apprieciated.

Thanks,
Thomas.

99 GS Sport Package
Star stage II Turbo Kit
T3/T04 turbo w/ e-trim and 57 series compressor wheel
HKS SSBOV
APEXi S-AFC
APEXi AVC-R
Corbin A/F
APEXi EGT, Boost, Oil Pressure
APEXi N1 Exhaust
Grouncontrols, Konis, RH C3's

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
brynden29Aug-19-02 07:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4079 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29383, "RE: Attn: Star Kit Owners"
In response to Reply # 0

I took mine off to see if it was causing my EGT's to soar. I do not know for sure cause I was boosting at 15 psi then and my EGT's would go over 1600 if I did not let off. Now I am at 12 psi and they are perfect. Right at 1500 on a long pull. I am going to take a little more gas out of it to see if I can get a little more power. Search around and find the post about the VC1 causing EGT issues, you might want to consider not putting it on.

Brynden

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipseriderAug-19-02 07:13 AM
Old School 2GNTer
86 posts,
#29384, "RE: Attn: Star Kit Owners"
In response to Reply # 1

When mine was on it was perfect. I took it off when I had some work done to my car and now I want to put it back on. All I would like is the wiring colours.

Thanks,
Thomas.

99 GS Sport Package
Star stage II Turbo Kit
T3/T04 turbo w/ e-trim and 57 series compressor wheel
HKS SSBOV
APEXi S-AFC
APEXi AVC-R
Corbin A/F
APEXi EGT, Boost, Oil Pressure
APEXi N1 Exhaust
Grouncontrols, Konis, RH C3's

fabry827Aug-19-02 12:55 PM
Member since Apr 14th 2002
194 posts,
#29385, "RE: Attn: Star Kit Owners"
In response to Reply # 2

I had to do some serious searching in my room to find the sheet w/ the schematic, but here it is:
RED=power
BLACK=ground
GREEN=map signal towards computer
YELLOW/BLACK=map signal from sensor
Hope this gets you back on the road again

justin
**1998 RS w/ 5 spd **FOR SALE**
http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/vdetail.jtmpl?car_id=117972723&dealer_id=&make=MIT&distance=25
&max_price=&model=ECLIP&advcd_on=n&end_year=2003&min_price=&certified=n&address
=43947&search_type=used&advanced=n

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #29382 Previous topic | Next topic