Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #23309
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Miles after rebuild???" Previous topic | Next topic
96vengerMay-28-02 03:24 PM
Old School 2GNTer
388 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23309, "Miles after rebuild???"

I had the rebuild done and over with, car is running great.
Now I am ready to start boosting again. Everyone pulls up next to me wanting some when I can't do anything about it.

So I drove it No boost, low RPM for 500 miles....changed the oil.
drove it no boost, normal high and low RPM's till 1000 miles.
At about 900 miles I started to boost a little bit here and there, nothing too much.( I only have the 5lb actuator on)

So now I am at 1200 miles and have been boosting a good bit at 5psi these last couple of days.
My shop told me to go 3000 miles, a buddy said 1500 and another friend said 600 miles, but tune before boosting.
I am not sure what to tune though because I am only running 5psi.

How many miles do you guys think?
When can I go to 10 psi?
Then when should I put in my injectors and SAFC for 15 psi??

I got the Howell kit with .020 bore

Thanks
Mark

Mark Dollar
Stage 3-4 Turbo
See my White Avenger @
WWW.Armond30.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
speedracer21May-28-02 04:21 PM
Old School 2GNTer
638 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23310, "RE: Miles after rebuild???"
In response to Reply # 0

i went 1000 miles before any boost then after that it was on

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

brynden29May-29-02 12:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4079 posts,
#23311, "RE: Miles after rebuild???"
In response to Reply # 1

Yeah, I went about 700 or so but I am still not boosting fully. I am having problems. But I would say that you are alright to boost. Have fun.

Brynden

TeamStan2gntMay-29-02 05:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#23312, "RE: Miles after rebuild???"
In response to Reply # 0

Change the oil one more time at 1500 miles and boost it.

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

brynden29May-29-02 08:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4079 posts,
#23313, "RE: Miles after rebuild???"
In response to Reply # 3

Oh yeah, and I heard that at 1501 miles you can put synthetic motor oil in. I plan on doing that and never put any other kind of oil in her.

Brynden

Avenger ESTMay-29-02 09:57 AM
Member since Nov 19th 2001
658 posts,
#23314, "RE: Miles after rebuild???"
In response to Reply # 0

I refuse to answer your question again. all I have to say is that my car made a hair over 400 hp and 400 lb ft of torque to the wheels yesterday..........with about 625 miles on the motor.

A.D.P.
"...If you do too much, people become dependant. If you do to little, people loose hope. If you do it right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
bring it on............

A.D.P.
"...If you do too much, people become dependant. If you do to little, people loose hope. If you do it right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
bring it on...........

96vengerMay-29-02 10:33 AM
Old School 2GNTer
388 posts,
#23315, "RE: Miles after rebuild???"
In response to Reply # 5

hahaha Ok dude whatever don't answer my question......again......I just wanted more info......
So you are telling me that it is ok to go ahead and put in my injectors, SAFC and boost 15 psi, and be fine????

Armond this is my first time EVER doing anykind of rebuild or engine work, I am paranoid just like anyone else who doesn't have the money to rebuild every 6-12 months....You can't blame me for wanting more than just one opinion,
I am not saying I don't believe you, I know you know your shit
Like I said earlier I was not boosting ANY until I talked to you the other day, since then I have been running 5psi, because YOU said it was ok.
So don't think I am doubting you....Just want to be assured, reassured, and then assured again.
I am very paranoid, I spent WAAAY too much on this engine to mess it up now or for the long run.

So I am cool to run 15 psi right now with a little over 1200 miles???

So why do you only have 625 miles on your engine again??

Mark Dollar
Stage 3-4 Turbo
See my White Avenger @
WWW.Armond30.com

Avenger ESTMay-29-02 12:08 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2001
658 posts,
#23316, "RE: Miles after rebuild???"
In response to Reply # 6

Just make sure you aren't running lean, and tha tyou aren't running sooo rich that you wash out your spark, and you will be fine. Your guy is righ though. you need to hit a dyno immediately before you start pushin your car to the limit to make SURE you aren't running lean. 12.2:1 Air/fuel on the dyno should be good. also make sure your timing is ok. AFC's leaned out by extreme ammounts tend to have adverse affects on yoru timing (meaning you could be as high as 30 degrees advance off of the ecu at WOT........in which case if it isn't retarded, you WILL blow the engine at 15 psi or maybe even at 10 becuase of knock). just hit the dyno, get or borrow a datalogger and tune that stuff in.

A.D.P.
bring it on............

A.D.P.
bring it on...........

speedracer21May-29-02 11:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
638 posts,
#23317, "RE: Miles after rebuild???"
In response to Reply # 5

>I refuse to answer your question again. all I have to say
>is that my car made a hair over 400 hp and 400 lb ft of
>torque to the wheels yesterday..........with about 625 miles
>on the motor.

@ what psi??

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #23309 Previous topic | Next topic