Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #18912
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Whats the best way to tune my VC2 on my star setup" Previous topic | Next topic
YelloEcipse97Apr-02-02 03:21 PM
Member since Nov 22nd 2001
75 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18912, "Whats the best way to tune my VC2 on my star setup"

im expecting to get a rich reading everytime i take off ,,,but in 4th and 5th gear,,,i go into stoiche,,,,is this normal...and what voltage should the vc2 be tuned to, to get a normal lean to reach reading during boost,,,please help because tuning this thing is a pain in the ass.... thanx johnb everytime i try to fine tune it by turning the screw to the left,,, it will sit at low lean....help!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
OPCLIPSE96Apr-02-02 04:25 PM
Old School 2GNTer
14 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18913, "RE: Whats the best way to tune my VC2 on my star setup"
In response to Reply # 0

I'll see if I can give you guys some ASSistance since I worked on this car with John......I definately know we got the VC2 wired right and when we goto adjust the little gold flatheaded fitting no matter how much we turn it in 1 direction or the other it seems to do nothing...after we ran the dedicated line to the wastegate and rerouted some other lines we started up the car and drove it...for the first 2 minutes when you got on it the a/f guage went to rich and the car pulled pretty damn good....then after driving it for awhile it seemed like the car didn't want to get rich anymore and just kept going lean in every gear and you didn't hear much spooling from the turbo and didn't seem as fast as it did moments after startup....I think the problem is the disc he got with the kit has the wrong ratio for the fuel 12:1 I believe.....If any of you guys could meet up with him or some of the old dogs on this board that are turbo'd please respond with some words of wisdom, I don't want to see his car blow up because it keeps running lean....Thanks for the time and John fix the damn oil pan !!!!

Jeff O.
96NT to WRX

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

99GSApr-02-02 04:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
458 posts,
#18914, "RE: Whats the best way to tune my VC2 on my star setup"
In response to Reply # 0

Is this the SplitSec VC-2? I don't really know how you would "tune" it per say; you want to set it to the highest allowable MAP sensor voltage (can't remember if it's 4.7 or 4.9) so that when it does clamp the voltage it clamps at the highest allowable voltage and pours in as much fuel as it can. You just don't want it to go over the allowable voltage; the ECU starts to do some weird things (cutting fuel) when it goes above either 4.7 or 4.9 (can't remember, lol).

Eric Madden

mkerleyApr-03-02 02:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
944 posts,
#18915, "RE: Whats the best way to tune my VC2 on my star setup"
In response to Reply # 2

the cutoff is supposed to be 4.7V

99GS MT | Star Stage 2 | GC coilovers | HurriganeGS tie bars | Tokico Illuminas | 17x7 Enkei RS5 | Baer track brakes |+

YelloEcipse97Apr-03-02 03:59 AM
75 posts,
#18916, "RE: Whats the best way to tune my VC2 on my star setup"
In response to Reply # 3

well i turn the screw to the left it seems to act better until i readjust to get some rich readings,,,then caput it runs right back to lean,,,should i just keep turning the screw to the left or what,,,it becomes a real pain in the ass to retune the screw and keep getting out of my car..... so is there a easy way..the bov got louder and the pickup and launch gets better when i turn the screw to the left .should i get a voltage meter???

mkerleyApr-03-02 09:07 AM
Old School 2GNTer
944 posts,
#18917, "RE: Whats the best way to tune my VC2 on my star setup"
In response to Reply # 4

The best way to test it so that you know you have the correct cutoff is to hook it up to a power supply which sends >5V to the input (preferably not much more than 5, but it shouldn't really matter for a quick test). hook up a volt meter on the output side and adjust the screw 'til you see 4.7v on the volt meter.

Matt

99GS MT | Star Stage 2 | GC coilovers | HurriganeGS tie bars | Tokico Illuminas | 17x7 Enkei RS5 | Baer track brakes |+

YelloEcipse97Apr-03-02 02:33 PM
75 posts,
#18918, "RE: Whats the best way to tune my VC2 on my star setup"
In response to Reply # 5

thanx mat.... john

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #18912 Previous topic | Next topic