Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #1337
View in threaded mode

Subject: "HRC inline pump" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
95ESiJan-31-01 04:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1337, "HRC inline pump"

I'm planning to get the HRC inline pump...whoever has it installed let me know where and how it attaches, and how hard was it to install?

thanks

l e o n

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
TeamWyattJan-31-01 06:54 PM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1338, "RE: HRC inline pump"
In response to Reply # 0

Star has an in-line pump that flows 65gpm @ 125psi of FP. If your worried about fuel flow that should sum it up. I don't think you wil lneed it though.

Wyatt Leras
http://www.turbogs.com
98 Eclipse GS Star Stage 5,000 Turbo kit

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneFeb-01-01 03:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1339, "RE: HRC inline pump"
In response to Reply # 1

Dude, how much ? i'd love to have that ...

-DarkOne
I'm so bad, i should be in detention.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

TeamWyattFeb-01-01 04:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
#1340, "RE: HRC inline pump"
In response to Reply # 2

LAST EDITED ON 01-Feb-01 AT 09:27 AM (PST)

We can do a direct swap with the one I was going to send out.
Instead of sending the walbro direct-replacement, I could send the in-line. You could stil luse your stock fuel pump. I think this would be overboard, 65gph is a lot of damn fuel. I'll e-mail you.
Wyatt Leras
http://www.turbogs.com
98 Eclipse GS Star Stage 5,000 Turbo kit

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneFeb-01-01 05:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1341, "RE: HRC inline pump"
In response to Reply # 3

Sounds good. How much is the pump, if i want to buy it in addition to the direct replacement Walbro ?

Can never have too much fuel ..

-DarkOne

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

95ESiFeb-01-01 05:40 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#1342, "inline pump"
In response to Reply # 3

looking at the walbro specs again:

80 psi: 43 GPH, 2714 cc/min
90 psi: 35 GPH, 2209 cc/min
100 psi: 27 GPH, 1704 cc/min
110 psi: 15 GPH, 946 cc/min

65 GPH @ 115psi is really safe I think? Would there be any noise associated with it like the walbro pump??

I did some calculations...and running with stock injectors, you will need 115 psi so that the 4 injectors can flow 1471 cc/min to sustain ~9 psi of boost...of course getting new injectors would be best....

I got a question...if two different fuel pumps with different flow rates pumping at the same PSI, does the same amount of fuel get injected (since the injectors are limited to a certain xx cc/min)?

Hey Darkone, which pump are you going for?

l e o n

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneFeb-01-01 05:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1343, "RE: inline pump"
In response to Reply # 5

I'm seriously considering that Star inline. if it really flows that much at that kind of pressure, it's perfect for us. I wonder why they don't include it in the kits ? If it will maintain the pressures needed better than the walbro, why not?

It's an idea for Wyatt, for sure. Does it come with all the fittings, wiring, harness, bracket, etc. that i would need? I'm not really big on "fabrication" (read: afro engineering ) so if not, is there any way to get them? Does it tie into the fuel line where the rubber line from the pump screws into the metal line, behind the passenger side spash guard in the rear wheel well?

-DarkOne

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

TeamJasonESi_TFeb-01-01 07:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#1344, "RE: inline pump"
In response to Reply # 6

The HRC inline goes right in front the of fuel filter and right before the hard feed line. To wire it, you would do something similar to a fuel pump rewire. You use the stock fuel power wire as a switch and bring a 10ga. or so the the relay from the battery. And of course a good ground. (You may just want to go in-line with the stock ground for the stock ground fuel pump) It's pretty straightforward.

Guys, I think you should still think about going S-AFC coupled with 440cc injectors. I know it's more expensive, but it seems like a good

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Anything to avoid blowing an engine in my book it a good thing!

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

95ESiFeb-01-01 09:02 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#1345, "RE: inline pump"
In response to Reply # 7

on the 1995's the fuel filter is in the front of the car...so would it still go near the fuel filter?

l e o n

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneFeb-01-01 09:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1346, "RE: inline pump"
In response to Reply # 8

No, it would still go in the same place: rear of the car, by the tank, behind passenger side splash guard in the wheel well. You'll have to jack the car up or get it on a lift to install it.

-DarkOne

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

95ESiFeb-01-01 10:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#1347, "RE: inline pump"
In response to Reply # 9

then that seems easy to install..
i had to get under the car there to unbolt the fuel line so I could remove my fuel pump! (i didn't have vice grips and could crack the fitting loose on top, so I had to use tin snippers and snip!

l e o n

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #1337 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic