Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108506
View in threaded mode

Subject: "turbo build injector question" Previous topic | Next topic
Raider07Feb-12-11 08:25 AM
Member since Dec 22nd 2009
12 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108506, "turbo build injector question"

Im finishing my turbo setup and I'm down to the injectors. I was thinking of running ford 24lb injectors I just cant seem find what fmu ratio to use with these. My set up is ad follows

stock bottom end
PnP head
PnP log manifold
t3t4 ar.60 turbo
38mm waist gate (5psi or 8psi not sure yet)
1g intercooler
1g BOV
255HP wally pump
vortech FMU
2.5" downpipe
3" catback (already had from old gst so i figured why not)

I figured the the 24s are a small upgrade from the factory injectors and I think I need a different ratio fmu then the 12:1. Please dont hate on me too much I have been searching this forum for over a year now and this should finish me up for a while. Oh yeah by the way, im not going to be going MSNS untill the bottom end is built and that is at least a year away. If anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated. thank you.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
AdministratorCODE4Feb-12-11 11:42 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108507, "RE: turbo build injector question"
In response to Reply # 0
Feb-12-11 02:48 PM by CODE4

You need to select your injectors based on the amount of fuel you need. For that you must estimate your target horsepower. Your compressor's air flow and desired manifold pressure will come into play.

Too small of an injector, and you are going to have to run too high of a fuel pressure to compensate. Too big of an injector and you will turn the pressure down and have poor idle characteristics.

Read:
http://rceng.com/technical.aspx

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorCorbinFeb-12-11 02:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#108508, "RE: turbo build injector question"
In response to Reply # 0

We have some information concerning choosing fuel injectors and the FMU ratio:

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Fuel_System

It would be best if you have the 255 HP pump instead of the standard 255. The HP is intended for the high pressures associated with high gain fuel pressure regulators.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T

Now with more power and fewer leaks

Humble servant of the Wiki

Raider07Feb-14-11 12:44 PM
Member since Dec 22nd 2009
12 posts,
#108513, "RE: turbo build injector question"
In response to Reply # 2

thanks guys I guess I'm in for more reading and figureing things out

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108506 Previous topic | Next topic