Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #418
View in threaded mode

Subject: "'nother install question.... Any 95 turbos" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneDec-23-00 05:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#418, "'nother install question.... Any 95 turbos"

Okay, check this out. this is about the FMU. There are two lines coming out of my fuel rail: One, stright from the end of the rail, with a fuel line held on by a little clip, and one from the side, which is flanged and bolted together. It looks like a high pressure line. From the chiltons page JasonEsi-t posted, THAT should be the return line. Now, it makes more sense to me that it is the other way around, that the one coming straight off the end of the fuel rail should be the return since it doesn't seem to be a real high pressure line since it is help on by a simple hose clamp. Am i wrong or am i wrong ? If the bolted one is the return line i'm fucked because nothing is going to be open on xmas eve and i just don't have the equipment the splice into that kind of line. Somebosy tell me i'm either reading wrong or the chiltons is backasswards.

-DarkOne
I'm so bad, i should be in detention.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
TommyboyDec-24-00 05:59 AM
Old School 2GNTer
223 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#419, "RE: 'nother install question.... Any 95 turbos"
In response to Reply # 0

I hooked up mines to the one with the simple clips on them and used small screw on clamps to clamp the line down the Fmu will only work under boost make sure you use fuel lines or aeroquipp hoses.Yea I used the fuel line on the bottom not the top line going into the fuel rail I have a 95 with a custom kit.() www.speedlabx2000.freehomepage.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Jason 95 GS TurboDec-25-00 01:54 PM
Old School 2GNTer
183 posts,
#420, "RE: 'nother install question.... Any 95 turbos"
In response to Reply # 0

The return line is the one that uses the cheap hose clamps to hold it on. Thats the one you want to use. I would recommend going to an auto parts store and getting new high pressure fuel injection hose. Also, i would recomend also getting the proper hose clamps for fuel injection hoses. It has rounded edges and doesn't use a worm type clamp that will cut into the hose. Also, to mount the FMU, i mounted it where the relays were to the far right on the firewall.

if you got any other questions about the setup on a 95. I can help you out. I installed the stage II kit myself on mine back in august so it is still fresh in my head.

jason
95 GS turbo

TeamWyattDec-25-00 02:57 PM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
#421, "RE: 'nother install question.... Any 95 turbos"
In response to Reply # 2

I'm not totally sure. best thing I can say is follow the line coming from the fuel pump. Thats your supply line. follow the other line off the regulator, thats the one you are looking for, the return line.
Good luck,
Wyatt Leras
http://www.turbogs.dsmpower.com
98 Eclipse GS Star Stage 5,000 Turbo kit

xtrickedeclipsexOct-16-04 09:19 AM
Member since Oct 12th 2003
620 posts,
#78255, "RE: 'nother install question.... Any 95 turbos"
In response to Reply # 1
Oct-16-04 09:19 AM by xtrickedeclipsex

---------------------------------------

"Oh yea, well...My manifold does cool twisty things"

www.EnhancedMotorSports.com

xtrickedeclipsexOct-16-04 09:20 AM
620 posts,
#78256, "RE: 'nother install question.... Any 95 turbos"
In response to Reply # 3
Oct-16-04 09:21 AM by xtrickedeclipsex

LOL...This shit cracks me up..Free entertainment while I do nothing at work…

"I'm so bad, i should be in detention."
get me every time...lol

SilverBullet20gOct-16-04 11:50 AM
Member since Sep 25th 2004
558 posts,
#78259, "RE: 'nother install question.... Any 95 turbos"
In response to Reply # 5

Drink up!

(parting out 95 GS)

MrSlickOct-16-04 03:28 PM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
1120 posts,
#78269, "RE: 'nother install question.... Any 95 turbos"
In response to Reply # 6

No 1 rule in life... EVERYONE start out stupid... and some of them learn from that point on...

All of us started out not knowing anything at some point... so while it's funny to look back on Dino's old posts, I think it's better to look at how the boy progressed, and made the quantum leap of evolution that is the ability to learn!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

http://www.ms-custom.com

xtrickedeclipsexOct-16-04 08:34 PM
620 posts,
#78280, "RE: 'nother install question.... Any 95 turbos"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by MrSlick
No 1 rule in life... EVERYONE start out stupid... and some of them learn from that point on... All of us started out not knowing anything at some point... so while it's funny to look back on Dino's old posts, I think it's better to look at how the boy progressed, and made the quantum leap of evolution that is the ability to learn!

I no, thats why its so damn funny!

DirtyOct-16-04 09:42 PM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
#78281, "RE: 'nother install question.... Any 95 turbos"
In response to Reply # 8
Oct-16-04 09:44 PM by Dirty

Fuck man! I thought Dino started smoking crack or something and lost his fucking mind. Then I saw Wyatt's name and looked at the dates. I should have noticed by the title and Dino's name next to it meant something.

This shit is funny now though.

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

xtrickedeclipsexOct-16-04 10:15 PM
620 posts,
#78283, "RE: 'nother install question.... Any 95 turbos"
In response to Reply # 9

lol, toooo funny

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #418 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic