Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #3336
View in threaded mode

Subject: "I want that stupid grin!!!" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
sleepereclipseApr-01-01 07:09 PM
Old School 2GNTer
215 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3336, "I want that stupid grin!!!"

I just purchased a turbo kit and I'm really interested in what everybody is running in the 1/4 mile. This is an open ended inquiry. Please list your 1/4 mile time and trap speed along with all the modifications (with brands) that helped you acheive that mind blowing number! Don't be bashful! If your running a 15 second time with a hrc stage 5 kit, post it and then describe the problems that you had. Im asking this question to everyone because I want know what modifications actually work. Remeber, be specific because I'm sure a lot of people are interested and they probably will follow in your footsteps.

I have 18 inch rims and a "Monkey Bars" roll cage
(old pic)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
klipzracerApr-01-01 08:55 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3337, "SMOOOOOOOOOOOKIN'!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

got rubber? he doesn't! hehehe.

Chris
Project RS
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html
"Life is short, rev hard!"
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

99GSBBTurboApr-02-01 01:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1191 posts,
#3338, "RE: SMOOOOOOOOOOOKIN'!!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

WOW...is that a dent on the front of the hood?? OH YA... sorry, I don't have a 1/4 time, but as soon as Wyatt sends me my HKS Type 1 Turbo Timer, I'll tell yo Wyatt said that one of his Star Stage 1 customers ran a 14.6, if you wanted to know about the sta

Ball Bearing Star Stage II
"Power is nothing without control"

I use to have a White 99 GS Sport with a Star Stage II Ball Bearing T3/T4 turbo...it was fun untill....well those who remember me know Oh Ya...this is what I have now... a 99' GSX...

cyanApr-02-01 02:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#3339, "RE: SMOOOOOOOOOOOKIN'!!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

why, does that turbo timer measure 1/4 mile times? or are you just waiting to get the timer before going to the track

http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

cyanApr-02-01 05:16 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#3340, "hey sleepereclipse!"
In response to Reply # 3

looks like you could use a new hood...buy mine!
and look, its white too!
haha, just kidding, unless you really are interested, im changing hoods, mine is perfect though, and comes with the hood pins.
let me know if youre down, i want $175 plus shipping

http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

99GSBBTurboApr-02-01 05:44 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1191 posts,
#3341, "RE: hey sleepereclipse!"
In response to Reply # 4

Ya, the TT measures 1/4 and 11 other measurements!! It's SWEET!! It also does a bunch of other stuff too!! No more paying $15 dollars eveytime I wanna check my 1/4 time!! Well, as soon as Wyatt gets it to m

Ball Bearing Star Stage II
"Power is nothing without control"

I use to have a White 99 GS Sport with a Star Stage II Ball Bearing T3/T4 turbo...it was fun untill....well those who remember me know Oh Ya...this is what I have now... a 99' GSX...

GregApr-04-01 03:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
392 posts,
#3342, "HKS Type 1 Turbo Timer"
In response to Reply # 5

OK, I've been to the track once with my turbo kit.....I have the Star Stage II kit, T3-T04E Ball Bearing Turbo, FMIC, JE Piston's, Crower Rods, ARP Head Bolts, AFX Solid Motor Mount, AFX Bored Throttle Body, and AFX Underdrive Pulley, Vortech Super FMU, Blitz BOV, RC 440cc fuel injectors (currently), Clutchmasters Stage 4 Clutch, Apexi AFC and AVC-R....My best time was at 13.9 @ 106.6MPH @ 15psi...My best HKS Turbo Timer Type 1 (Sorta a G-Tech) was a (13.4 @ around 105mph @ 12.5psi)...my injectors are not big enough I have to run 12.5 psi on the street because my EGT gets to hot at any higher boost...550's soon Oh and 99GSBBTurbo I love my HKS Type 1 Turbo Timer! 0-60 in 4.8 seconds

Greg Williamson
1999 Eclipse GS "Sport" (Sold)
Star Stage III
12.817 @ 109.36

magnusApr-06-01 07:32 AM
Old School 2GNTer
229 posts,
#3343, "RE: HKS Type 1 Turbo Timer"
In response to Reply # 6

Hey Greg!!!!!!!! How much did you spend on boring the cylinder block for the pistons

LeeApr-12-01 12:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
309 posts,
#3344, "RE: HKS Type 1 Turbo Timer"
In response to Reply # 6

How much is he selling it to you for?

Lee
http://www.geocities.com/turbo99gs

Speed Kills!
If you want to live forever buy a Honda!

RAIZINApr-06-01 04:05 PM
Old School 2GNTer
775 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3345, "klipzracer"
In response to Reply # 1

I can tell in your picture, you need a camber correction kit real bad in the rear. You must be having cornering and handling instability. Trust me.. if you haven't done it.. it will be your most worthwhile upgrade. Might even save your life. *knockin on wood.

GregApr-07-01 06:24 PM
Old School 2GNTer
392 posts,
#3346, "Block"
In response to Reply # 9

I was charged 8 hours labor @ $50 dollars an hour = $400 to bore, and install the rods and pistons.....RAIZIN: who were you directing the camber kit twords? me?

Greg Williamson
1999 Eclipse GS "Sport" (Sold)
Star Stage III
12.817 @ 109.36

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #3336 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic