Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #34009
View in threaded mode

Subject: "You turbo guys tell me what you think! please leave your 2 Cents!" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
widebodiedNov-07-02 04:17 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2257 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#34009, "You turbo guys tell me what you think! please leave your 2 Cents!"

Hi,
my names dwayne hicks and im to the 2gnt board, ive been reading it for years but i recently opened up my account. im a student at Liberty university and i have owned my eclipse since high school. i currently lost my license due to tickets but im due to get it back shortly. i want you guys to tell me what u think about my eclipse, give me new ideas and pointers, im not the greatest tuner in the world but, im pretty profecient. this has been my projectt since earlier this year. i dont have any pics availiable but still let me know what you think. also HP wise, what kinda numbers you guys think ill be looking at, and the products that i have bought, what do you think about them.

* = already bought

Exterior mods:
11 peice Kaminari wide body kit*
custom fiber glass hood, PHAT*
supra taillights*
targa top*
black/blue/chrome projectors*
supra double stack wing w/ Carbon fiber top deck*
shaved all body lines, shaved antennas.*

Suspension:
Blowjax air cylinders*
3/8 inch electric valves*
1/2 inch lines*
5gallon air tank*
2 accumlators*
strut bars

Rollers and stopies:
19x8 ACE menaces, chrome 225/19/35 front 275/19/35 rear
AEM big brake upgrade (front)

Electronics (ALL):
Msd ignit.
Apexi AFC *
Apexi AVC-r*
Apexi Rev/speed*
Greddy TT*
Automete A/F*
Autometer Boost*
Autometer volt*
Autometer Fuel presure*
Autometer water temp*
Autometer egt*
Autometer Oil presure*
Autometer cluster bezel*
Autometer triple pillar pod*
Playstaion 2 fiberglassed in were passenger air bag used to be
7inch wide screen LCD*
4 5 inch PB speakers ( 2 per door)*
2 6x9 Pb speakers*
1 15inch PB extream sub*
1 1500 us amp*
the whole dash, door sills,console, panes etc, is fiberglassed. the apexi components are molded in to the dash so you only can see the face (flushed)
MAY have left out a few things

i know you guys are wondering, what the hell is under the hood?!?!?
once again the *= what i already have

Brand new Hrc manifold *
Brand new Hrc 16g Turbo *
Turboxs RFL BOV* how you guys like that Bov?
Custom DOwn pipe 3inch
2 N1 Apexi Canisters*( the real deal, not that Ebay bullshit)
race cat *
i need a good front mount intercooler, and some bodys stage 2 piping that they dont need or i will have to get it customized
J.E pistons*
Eagle specialty rods*
5angle port and polish
cam gears
crane turbo cams
bore TB
bore intake manny
maybe some High performance valves.
Underdrive pullys
stage 4 clutch kit*
8lb flywheel*
walbro 255
490cc injectors

chasis:
8 point rollcage with removable door bar. reinforces the roof, due to the targa top

i want to run 12lbs on the street and 18 with race gas. what type of times would i be pulling? and what kinda numbers will i be laying down? i also have a set of slicks mounted on some stock 14inch rs wheels.
sorry so long, just wanted to give you guys a idea. everybody that reads this tell me what u think, leave your 2 cents, tell me what i can adjust or do different as far as the motor goes. let me know if its a decent setup or not.

Originally posted by DSMRoadster
yeah, those of us who are immune to the "2gnt" curse. Curse is a joke, if you have it, it's cuz you have no clue how to play the game.

DISCLAIMER: Some of what I say may upset you, make you cry, or even make you consider suicide. I am not responsible for how your sensitive punk ass decides to take it

The official 2GNT EGO Wrecker

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
BoostedGSNov-07-02 04:30 AM
Member since Jun 30th 2002
1329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#34010, "RE: You turbo guys tell me what you think! please leave your 2 Cents!"
In response to Reply # 0

It sounds like you've done some serious work to that car!! You need to get some pics up so we can see it. I'm curious to see how the widebody kit and targa top look, as well as all the custom interior work.

You should be able to pull some decent times at those boost levels, but you might get some drag from your body kit and wing. And someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I know that here in Colorado you can't race at the track if you have air suspension. So I'm not sure if you'll be able to get an accurate 1/4 mile time.

You are not your job.
You're not how much money you have in the bank.
You're not the car you drive.
You're not the contents of your wallet.
You're not your fu**ing post count.

97 Eclipse GS - *SOLD*
01 Audi A6 2.7T
01 YZF-R6

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Teamner947Nov-07-02 04:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#34011, "RE: You turbo guys tell me what you think! please leave your 2 Cents!"
In response to Reply # 0

wow, your car sounds pretty pimp. get some of this stuff, then go to a show and win some cash. with 12 psi i'm guessing you should get somewhere between mid-low 14's (all of that bling-bling stuff weighs a lot) and maybe mid 13's with race gas and 18 psi. if you don't already, get a data logger and a digital a/f gauge for real tuning. the blinky autometer gauge is fun to have, but you really need to go digital (doesn't mean you need to get rid of all the pretty LED's) to really get your car well tuned. get a vortech s-fmu too, people have been having issues with the standard hahn billet craptech fpr recently. oh yeah, almost forgot. make sure you get your ignition installed long before you go to race gas, just to be safe. the afc can totally screw with your timing as you incrementally go up in boost, resulting in what happened to Dave_FL... yeah... hmmmm, i dunno if you'll take this advice or not, but...

weight reduction.

i used to have a body kit, an inverter, a 1000 watt amp, 2 12" subs, a fog machine (dead serious) and a lot of other insane stuff but it drew way too much attention and the body kit bottomed out on everything in massachusetts. besides, the local hooligans who broke into my car a few months ago thought most of that stuff was neat. i just did the 97-99 eclipse bumper conversion with new headlights, and i think it looks better than my blitz ever did. the only bling stuff i have now are my non-chrome primax 10 spoke 17" rims and i have the rfl bov too. oh yeah, and the cheesy chrome tip that comes with the flowmaster muffler too. anyways, home that helps. i'm done now.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

Matt_95tgsNov-07-02 04:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1246 posts,
#34012, "RE: You turbo guys tell me what you think! please leave your 2 Cents!"
In response to Reply # 0

Sounds like you have a real nice car there. I have been toying with the idea of going with a targa top now for quite awhile, but it makes me nervous hehe. Did you do it yourself, or have a shop do it?? The only thing in that list that would make me a bit nervous is the AFC. You need to be careful that you don't make a lot of correction with the AFC, because when you do that, the ecu increases timing significantly. What happens is when you lean out with the AFC, it reduces the MAP voltage. With our cars, the computer uses the MAP voltage to help compute engine load as well as injector duty cycle. When the computer thinks that there is less load on the engine, it increases timing for efficiency and power gains. The problem is that with the afc, the computer can think there is a load % on the engine that cooresponds to vacuum conditions when you are actually under boost. This increases timing too high for boosted conditions and causes detonation. I'm sure using the afc for fine tuning will be ok, but I would use an adjustable fuel regulator to get close to where you want to be first.

Otherwise, I'm impressed, looks like you have a very nice setup. Welcome to the board man!

Matt
1995 Eclipse GS
2.0L, S16g Turbo, 8 Injectors, 26psi

1998 Eclipse GSX
2.3L Stroker, AEM EMS Converted to Speed Density, FP3065 Turbo, 35psi , and so on...

widebodiedNov-07-02 05:07 AM
2257 posts,
#34013, "RE: You turbo guys tell me what you think! please leave your 2 Cents!"
In response to Reply # 3

thanks for the warm welcome fellas, i had price race chasis due the roll cage, and the body shop cut the top. it is also upholserted in convertible fabric so you know its there even if its on. as for the fuel pressure regulator, whats a good one out? its not much added weight because of the removal of, spare tire and stuff, rear seats, aftermarket tenzo r seats (black/grey). yes im hoping to win alot of shows out here on the east coast. so low 14s is reasonable on 12psi. i want to run low 2 mid 13s on the track,ill proably put my coilovers on if i know im going to the track and slap the slicks on. with all the work, are 12s possible? if so is it possible with 16g? thanks
guys
dwayne

yeah, those of us who are immune to the "2gnt" curse. Curse is a joke, if you have it, it's cuz you have no clue how to play the game.

DISCLAIMER: Some of what I say may upset you, make you cry, or even make you consider suicide. I am not responsible for how your sensitive punk ass decides to take it

soldier101Nov-07-02 06:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3862 posts,
#34014, "RE: You turbo guys tell me what you think! please leave your 2 Cents!"
In response to Reply # 4

is this car your daily driver? if so how is that kit holding up? i want the kit but im scared pieces will fall off while driving down the road

turbo8u: "jiggle jiggle then vroom vroom pshhhh"
-Mike Pruett
2gnt member# 976
MOPAR Stage 2
SRTForums.com member #37 (Yeah, I signed up when it first came out, and ended up getting one, cool huh?)
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

StraussNov-07-02 07:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
953 posts,
#34015, "RE: You turbo guys tell me what you think! please leave your 2 Cents!"
In response to Reply # 5

You CAN run 12's with the 16G easily. Look at my times and mods in my sig. Keep in mind that your car will be heavier than mine with all the extra's you have, but should only affect your time .1-.2 tenths. Welcome to the board! .....and get some pics up!

widebodiedNov-07-02 08:13 AM
2257 posts,
#34016, "RE: You turbo guys tell me what you think! please leave your 2 Cents!"
In response to Reply # 5

the kit is fusored in, almost like liquid weld, not a chance that i will fall of

Matt_95tgsNov-07-02 07:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1246 posts,
#34017, "RE: You turbo guys tell me what you think! please leave your 2 Cents!"
In response to Reply # 4

12's are definately possible on the HRC super 16g at around 24 psi. I'd say with slicks, your goals of low to mid 13's are definately possible with 18 pounds of boost.

As far as the regulator is concerned, the best of the best is the Vortech SFMU with the optional bleed valve. It is the most versatile regulator out there allowing you to change the idle/static pressure, WOT pressure, and rise rate to fit whatever setup you have.

Matt
1995 Eclipse GS
2.0L, S16g Turbo, 8 Injectors, 26psi

1998 Eclipse GSX
2.3L Stroker, AEM EMS Converted to Speed Density, FP3065 Turbo, 35psi , and so on...

9D9 MITSU RSNov-07-02 07:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#34018, "RE: You turbo guys tell me what you think! please leave your 2 Cents!"
In response to Reply # 8

get some pics. I wanna see. I'm interested to hear about the targa top. What all did you do to stop the chassis from flexing, any nasty noises from it now, etc? Sounds really nice.

mitsumanNov-07-02 07:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1992 posts,
#34019, "RE: You turbo guys tell me what you think! please leave your 2 Cents!"
In response to Reply # 9

wow, sounds like u got a nice set up! i def wanna see this! but why would you have 225's in the front and 275's in the back. i know it might look coool but you wont get any traction. and do 275's even fit? thats perty big.

-mitsuman
95 gs 5-spd
hrc stg 2 turbo kit
440cc rc injectors
Apexi S-afc
Blits-ss bov
Greddy PE exhaust
HKS TT
Walbro intank fuel pump
Vortech S-FMU
Corbin's A/F guage
autometer pyrometer EGT
autometer boost guage
B&M fuel pressure guage
Test Pipe
H&R sport springs
17" Motegi MR7's
CF hood
235/45/17-R yokohamas
sony x-plod head unit
2 10" 800 watt visonik subs
audiobahn chrome amp
custom sub enclosure
window tinting

-mitsuman 95 GS 5-spd w/97-99 front end
Repin The SoCal 2GNT'ers
mitsuman95@hotmail.com
AIM s/n : mitsuman95gs

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #34009 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic