Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #101141
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Your boosted mileage on stock block?" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
Moderatorcs82685Aug-08-07 05:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101141, "Your boosted mileage on stock block?"

Ok so I know there have been people who have mentioned how long they've been boosted on the stock block, but I'd like to get a thread where we can see how long and how many miles people have gone before blowing something. Usually it seems people mention time and not miles so I'd prefer to see miles b/c I know there are people here that have run 1, 2, and 3+ years on their stock block. I'll start it up...

~19k miles, 2+ years and still going strong. (aside from my recent mishap but that's not boost related and the bottom end is still A-OK)

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
totaleclipse_05Aug-08-07 07:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101142, "RE: Your boosted mileage on stock block?"
In response to Reply # 0

4-5k miles? and 11 months between the Talon and Eclipse.

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DR1665
You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

red96rsAug-08-07 08:44 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2007
132 posts,
#101143, "RE: Your boosted mileage on stock block?"
In response to Reply # 1

I'll let you know how well a 160k mile motor holds up to a turbo soon.
i give it 1k miles tops but we shall see.

** Current status: 9 bent valves. and it only had 6,000 miles on it. i hope the replacement goes well. **

Lots of expensive parts, and still slow! Oh wait, it has to run to go fast.

My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=red96rs>

from 2g chat
* DarkOne joins 2GNT_Chat
‹DarkOne› .
‹DarkOne› wow... i'm drunk
‹DarkOne› at 9am.
‹DarkOne› on a saturday.

ChamukoAug-09-07 06:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#101151, "RE: Your boosted mileage on stock block?"
In response to Reply # 2

2 1/2 years = ~42k miles @ 10psi STAR kit.

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

Moderatorcs82685Aug-10-07 01:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#101167, "RE: Your boosted mileage on stock block?"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Chamuko
2 1/2 years = ~42k miles @ 10psi STAR kit.

Damn I thought pushing 20k miles was good, 42k now that's impressive

97EagleTalon2nrAug-10-07 06:54 PM
Member since Oct 16th 2004
155 posts,
#101168, "RE: Your boosted mileage on stock block?"
In response to Reply # 4

2000 miles I just boosted but its some input.I'm interested in the gas mileage you guys get on the stock block but I don't mean to hijack this thread.

Boostin'

Moderatorcs82685Aug-10-07 07:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#101169, "RE: Your boosted mileage on stock block?"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by 97EagleTalon2nr
2000 miles I just boosted but its some input.I'm interested in the gas mileage you guys get on the stock block but I don't mean to hijack this thread.

With stock injectors and mostly highway driving I was still able to get 30mpg. Untuned on accel 30# injectors I still get at least 25mpg

97EagleTalon2nrAug-10-07 10:26 PM
Member since Oct 16th 2004
155 posts,
#101171, "RE: Your boosted mileage on stock block?"
In response to Reply # 6

Wow,I guess its because I boost Alot.But I only get about 21mpg and thats city/back road driving.Then again it looks as if you have the STAR kit which has a bigger turbo, harder to spool,my S16G loves spooling lol.I guess I should start a thread but does anyone elses gas hand stay on the full mark for about 100 miles then drop from there like crazy?

Boostin'

goalie40Aug-11-07 05:47 PM
Member since Sep 12th 2005
431 posts,
#101175, "RE: Your boosted mileage on stock block?"
In response to Reply # 7

that is normal when i drive mine on a full tank it will sit full for about a week of driving then drop 3/4 a tank in a couple of days since day one of owning mine.

We will build you bigger and stronger

Wake up and drive my ass... More like wake up and fix it.

If the opposite of Pro is Con
then the opposite of Progress is Congress

AggressionAug-12-07 03:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#101177, "RE: Your boosted mileage on stock block?"
In response to Reply # 8

You all might want to add what your compression is as well! That would be another interesting bit of info, while everyone is already posting their info.

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi
- 97 eclipse gs (289whp w/ 276tq)

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneAug-13-07 02:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#101195, "RE: Your boosted mileage on stock block?"
In response to Reply # 9

I lasted ~12K on a stock block at 9psi. I think.. it's been seven years since.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #101141 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic