Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #78588
View in threaded mode

Subject: "The New Manifold, Lol" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
xtrickedeclipsexOct-25-04 07:28 AM
Member since Oct 12th 2003
620 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#78588, "The New Manifold, Lol"
Oct-25-04 07:29 AM by xtrickedeclipsex

Well, we made another one. Looks so funny, but it flows even better then our other prototype.

---------------------------------------

"Oh yea, well...My manifold does cool twisty things"

www.EnhancedMotorSports.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
96eclipse2nrOct-25-04 07:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3605 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#78590, "RE: The New Manifold, Lol"
In response to Reply # 0

haha very interesting. althought a bit odd looking, i think if you did up nice with chrome or burned look and did away with the welds (being visible anyways) that would look pretty hot

-----------------------------------------
2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-NX 75 shot, AEM CAI, P&P t/b and intake mani-SOLD

1964 Buick Electra 225-all original, all power options, 325hp, 445ft/lbs tq

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

xtrickedeclipsexOct-25-04 07:37 AM
620 posts,
#78591, "RE: The New Manifold, Lol"
In response to Reply # 1
Oct-25-04 07:38 AM by xtrickedeclipsex

Originally posted by 96eclipse2nr
haha very interesting. althought a bit odd looking, i think if you did up nice with chrome or burned look and did away with the welds (being visible anyways) that would look pretty hot

Yea, its another prototype. As you can see we didnt go for looks...

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-25-04 07:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#78592, "RE: The New Manifold, Lol"
In response to Reply # 2

How tight is the 90* out of the head?

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

xtrickedeclipsexOct-25-04 08:19 AM
620 posts,
#78593, "RE: The New Manifold, Lol"
In response to Reply # 3

I couldent get a good pic...hope you can make it out

DJ420aOct-25-04 11:53 AM
Member since May 19th 2004
1219 posts,
#78603, "RE: The New Manifold, Lol"
In response to Reply # 4

It looks like a spider is crawling out from underneath your hood. Good Halloween prank,lol.

siueclipseOct-25-04 11:54 AM
Member since Nov 28th 2002
3504 posts,
#78604, "RE: The New Manifold, Lol"
In response to Reply # 5

im not sure about all that. too many bends.

how does it compare with an hrc manifold?

xtrickedeclipsexOct-25-04 12:31 PM
620 posts,
#78605, "RE: The New Manifold, Lol"
In response to Reply # 6
Oct-25-04 12:32 PM by xtrickedeclipsex

Originally posted by siueclipse
im not sure about all that. too many bends. how does it compare with an hrc manifold?

Well, it’s the Log VS Equal Length Tubular manifold argument. My manifold is obviously better, being equal length, and tubular. I had a manifold like this one for about 6 -7 months and only had one crack, and that was do to the bracket on the manifold breaking off, and a broken motor mount making the manifold move while still bolted to the down pipe. The bends/welds all held up under the heat. I love this manifold; it spools up the turbo even faster then the previous one. Full-Race did a Dyno between a equal length manifold, and a log style, and believe it or not gained 68 WHP “FR Equal Length vs. Log manifold chassis dynamometer testing. Equal length=68whp gain!”

http://wakesports.com/full-race/index.php?s=30105a334f0e3e8ed57644a3c06b8b65&showtopic=249

Seems hard to believe, but the manifold does make a difference in power. Now, im not saying my manifold vs. the Hahn would yield 68 WHP gain, or anything close to it, but it is definitely superior, and does yield more power.

xtrickedeclipsexOct-25-04 12:36 PM
620 posts,
#78606, "RE: The New Manifold, Lol"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by DJ420a
It looks like a spider is crawling out from underneath your hood. Good Halloween prank,lol.

Yea, it scares the v8 guys to shit... they think it bites .. lol

DJ420aOct-25-04 03:14 PM
Member since May 19th 2004
1219 posts,
#78613, "RE: The New Manifold, Lol"
In response to Reply # 8

NNNNIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEE

MrSlickOct-25-04 03:33 PM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
1120 posts,
#78614, "RE: The New Manifold, Lol"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by siueclipse
im not sure about all that. too many bends. how does it compare with an hrc manifold?

Too many bends?
Riiiiiiiight

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

http://www.ms-custom.com

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #78588 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic