Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #1266
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Today is the day............." Previous topic | Next topic
MWCJan-28-01 07:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
251 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1266, "Today is the day............."

Well guy's, today is the first day of my install (HRC stage 2). I have been having some real bad luck in general, in regards to my car.( example: buy turbo system and find out the turbo is wasted).( Paint my car and a day later reck the front). So please I ask that all of you say a little prayer that the install goes well. Along with my install I will be installing my 440's and tuning my S-AFC. My front bumper should be done this week, and hopefully my install as well. I will keep you guy's posted.
SEE YA!!!!!!!!!!MWC

http://smkn95eclipsemwc.homestead.com/mainpage.html

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
95ESiJan-28-01 07:55 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1267, "RE: Today is the day............."
In response to Reply # 0

how do you tell if your turbo is busted?

l e o n

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MWCJan-28-01 11:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
251 posts,
#1268, "RE: Today is the day............."
In response to Reply # 1

Well I know that if the shaft has what they call "the on/off motion" its wasted! It should spin nice and freely, without ANY wiggle action.
SEE YA!!!!!!!!!!MWC

http://smkn95eclipsemwc.homestead.com/mainpage.html

grneclipseJan-28-01 01:46 PM
Old School 2GNTer
743 posts,
#1269, "RE: Today is the day............."
In response to Reply # 2

Hehe,

I hope everything goes right with your install man. Like you said, "hopefully Murphy's law doesn't get the best of us". I'm hoping that when you come back up you'll be all set with your car or at least a good majority! Later dude!

Don't have the stock Eclipse anymore
Just a stock Gsr now,

BoostnRSJan-28-01 02:11 PM
Old School 2GNTer
204 posts,
#1270, "RE: Today is the day............."
In response to Reply # 3

Just remember "some" play is okay! but not excessive !

good luck!

95ESiJan-28-01 04:56 PM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#1271, "RE: Today is the day............."
In response to Reply # 4

Murphy's law got the best of me....damn law...
grrrrr

l e o n

VendorHRCJan-29-01 01:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
374 posts,
#1272, "RE: Today is the day............."
In response to Reply # 5

If you suspect excessive play in the turbo, try this:

Take a close look at the area where the compressor wheel is adjacent to the compressor housing (this is viewable in the compressor inlet). If you see signs of contact between the wheel and housing (shiny marks, scratches), then have the turbo inspected and / or rebuilt. If there is no sign of contact, you likely have no internal problems.

The Mitsu turbos we use have proven themselves bulletproof up to 35 PSI boost in our racing applications, and they rarely fail. Should you wish to have the unit inspected, contact us or any authorized Mitsubishi turbo repair outlet.

Bill Hahn Jr.
98 RS Turbo: 10.87 @ 136 MPH
HRC Stage V with N20
Nation's Fastest Street FWD 2G DSM
www.turbosystem.com

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #1266 Previous topic | Next topic