Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #1076
View in threaded mode

Subject: "stock FPR on 1995" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
95ESiJan-22-01 04:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1076, "stock FPR on 1995"

How does it work? If I disconnect the vacuum? If I leave the vacuum line?

This info I need to know in regards to my adjustable FMU....

l e o n

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
ModeratorCorbinJan-22-01 08:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1077, "RE: stock FPR on 1995"
In response to Reply # 0

With the vacuum hose on the stock regulator diconnected, your minimum fuel pressure should be 47-50 psi. The adjustable FMU should only raise fuel pressure from that point. If you leave your stock regulator vacuum hose connected, it will vary your minimum fuel pressure from 38 to 47-50 psi depending on how much vacuum it sees. Then the FMU would be trying to vary the pressure at the same time. Save yourself some tuning headaches and disconnect the vacuum hose to the stock regulator. If you're really concerned about the stock regulator. Take it off and examine it. Maybe you can tear its guts out and keep it from regulating anything . Its only held on with a snap-ring .

Corbin
'95 ESI-T
HRC + FMIC
http://members.nbci.com/cbehnken/

Corbin
'97 GSX dressed like a '95 ESi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

95ESiJan-22-01 08:28 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#1078, "RE: stock FPR on 1995"
In response to Reply # 1

Would there be a problem if we ran the car with a minimum fuel pressure of 47 psi? What would happen? End up running a bit rich when there is alot of vacuum?

l e o n

TeamJasonESi_TJan-22-01 08:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#1079, "RE: stock FPR on 1995"
In response to Reply # 2

I have a 98' and my minimum fuel pressure is always 47 psi if that helps alleviate any of your fears.

Go with Corbin's advice and just disconnect the vacuum hose.

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

95ESiJan-22-01 09:05 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#1080, "fuel pressure guage"
In response to Reply # 3

where did u tee in your fuel pressure guage?

l e o n

TeamJasonESi_TJan-22-01 09:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#1081, "RE: fuel pressure guage"
In response to Reply # 4

On the "out" end of the adjustable FPR.

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

95ESiJan-24-01 10:56 PM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#1082, "vacuum/boost source for FMU"
In response to Reply # 1

Since my stock FPR will cause my min fuel pressure to be at 47-50psi, I don't see the need to plug a vacuum souce into the adj FMU (since it won't be able to lower the pressure).

So should I still use the intake manifold as the vacuum/boost source, or could I run it directly off of the turbo? I remember that if the FMU is hooked into the turbo, we get less of a "reg lag..."

What do you guys think?

ModeratorCorbinJan-25-01 04:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#1083, "RE: vacuum/boost source for FMU"
In response to Reply # 6

I would just hook the FMU up to the manifold. I'd figure the manifold pressure is the most important one. Its after the pressure loss in the IC/piping, after the BOV, and after the throttle plate. Thats the air thats actually going into the engine. I don't recall ever having a problem with the FPR reacting too slow.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T
HRC + FMIC

Corbin

95ESiJan-26-01 04:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#1084, "RE: vacuum/boost source for FMU"
In response to Reply # 7

Hmm, I wonder if the Bell adjustable FMU has a different response time than my Vortec adjustable FMU?

I just don't want to run lean even for a very minute period of time...take a look at this thread:

http://www.2gnt.com/dcforum/DCForumID16/135.html

Hey Corbin, can you adjust your fuel pressure below 47-50 psi?

l e o n

ModeratorCorbinJan-26-01 11:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#1085, "actually..."
In response to Reply # 8

I'm not sure what this is an indication of, but I actually can make my fuel pressure dip pretty low <~40 psi>. I'm not sure if my fuel pressure gage is reading low or something else is going on. I shouldn't be able to get it that low...assuming that the stock regulator works like I think it does. When I get my car back, I'm going to remove my stock regulator and check it out . I'll check my fuel pressure gage too. I'm also really considering an AFC and injectors. I've got so many plans for the coming weeks...I'm dying to get my car back.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T
HRC + FMIC

Corbin

95ESiJan-26-01 06:08 PM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#1086, "RE: actually..."
In response to Reply # 9

Correct me if I'm wrong, but stock regulator should cause fuel pressure to be at 47-50 psi at 1 atm (vacuum line yanked off) ??

And with my adjustable fpr hooked serially from the stock FPR into the return fuel line, fuel pressure cannot be lowered...right?

l e o n

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #1076 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic