Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #75715
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Running rich, cannot figure out problem!" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
freddy_00_69Aug-31-04 06:20 AM
Member since Aug 01st 2002
1119 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#75715, "Running rich, cannot figure out problem!"

I am running intank fuel pump, inline fuel pump, sfmu,42lb green top injectors. I am using the 2.72 disk and my idle pressure is around 20, sometimes the pressure goes up to around 23 and it may sometimes go to around 17. My inaccurate a/f gauge reads in the green when first turning on car, and when i go wot it goes all the way to the last green on the gauge. I thought for 42lb injectors, the 2.72 disk is good. The 02 sensor is fairly new, the spark plugs gapped to 0.035 are a new also. Any suggestion or help is appreciated. I have enough problems trying to find my boost leak. Thanks in advance

99 RS-T
"New bottom end(8.6:1 w/long rods)"
Turbonetics 60-1/Portfueler/etc!!!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
siueclipseAug-31-04 06:26 AM
Member since Nov 28th 2002
3504 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#75716, "RE: Running rich, cannot figure out problem!"
In response to Reply # 0
Aug-31-04 06:29 AM by siueclipse

how much boost are you running?

did you put in the vacum restrictor in the air line going to the sfmu?

what (if you know) is your afr? do you have a wideband? keep in mind rich is a good thing. saves you money

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

freddy_00_69Aug-31-04 03:12 PM
1119 posts,
#75748, "RE: Running rich, cannot figure out problem!"
In response to Reply # 1
Aug-31-04 04:10 PM by freddy_00_69

I do not have the restrictor in the vacuum line. I wish i did know my afr, i do not have a wideband, yet, and the closest dyno is about 2 hours away. My boost is hitting 16-17, but drops off to around 13. I do not mind running rich, but i dont like running to rich that every time i start off in first or normal driving and go wot, a cloud of black smoke comes shooting out. I think i am starting to see some whit smoke, but am not sure yet. I just noticed it tonight so i will check it out tomorrow. I still have to get my timing
right, water pump installed, and check my oil for any coolant in it. Could i use the 2.42 disk, i can try and tune it myself, but dont want to install without knowing if it will mess anything up by not suppling enough fuel.

99 RS-T

siueclipseAug-31-04 06:53 PM
Member since Nov 28th 2002
3504 posts,
#75772, "RE: Running rich, cannot figure out problem!"
In response to Reply # 2

just about every turbo car shoots black smoke. its a good thing and will happen.

if youre running that much boost, you really need a wideband to know how she sits.

Ducking_FumbassAug-31-04 07:31 PM
Member since Aug 30th 2004
1147 posts,
#75773, "RE: Running rich, cannot figure out problem!"
In response to Reply # 3

It's a good thing? Wow... I didn't know that. HEY EVERYBODY! TUNE YOUR CARS LIKE SHITFACED POLESMOKERS! IT'S A GOOD THING!

Seriously, though, if you are seeing smoke, it is improperly tuned. If you have reached the physical limits of what you have to tune, then it is time for an upgrade. If it just takes more tweaking, then tweak. There are plenty of reasons to not push raw gas through the exhaust.

ArkAug-31-04 07:34 PM
Member since Aug 31st 2004
1570 posts,
#75774, "RE: Running rich, cannot figure out problem!"
In response to Reply # 4
Aug-31-04 07:35 PM by Ark

Originally posted by freddy_00_69
My inaccurate a/f gauge reads in the green when first turning on car, and when i go wot it goes all the way to the last green on the gauge.
Originally posted by Ducking_Fumbass
It's a good thing? Wow... I didn't know that. HEY EVERYBODY! TUNE YOUR CARS LIKE SHITFACED POLESMOKERS! IT'S A GOOD THING!

Didn't you know that tuning via blinky A/F guages is entirely accurate and completely bulletproof?

Ducking_FumbassAug-31-04 07:37 PM
1147 posts,
#75775, "RE: Running rich, cannot figure out problem!"
In response to Reply # 5

I guess, if you are too much of a strokeass to know how to tune, just run more fuel. Hell, who needs injectors? Just feed from the rail as fast as the fuel pump(s) will spit it out!

ArkAug-31-04 07:37 PM
Member since Aug 31st 2004
1570 posts,
#75776, "RE: Running rich, cannot figure out problem!"
In response to Reply # 6
Aug-31-04 07:38 PM by Ark

Originally posted by Ducking_Fumbass
I guess, if you are too much of a strokeass to know how to tune, just run more fuel. Hell, who needs injectors? Just feed from the rail as fast as the fuel pump(s) will spit it out!

I'll bring the garden hose and matches.

Ducking_FumbassAug-31-04 07:39 PM
1147 posts,
#75777, "RE: Running rich, cannot figure out problem!"
In response to Reply # 7

Fuck it. Firehose + blowtorch = damned fine tuned car.

freddy_00_69Sep-01-04 06:14 AM
1119 posts,
#75785, "RE: Running rich, cannot figure out problem!"
In response to Reply # 8

Well, most of those replies were worthless, except james. For the others, try to help out, not be dumb asses and smart. Dont waste your time or mine if your not gonna help.

99 RS-T

MattchewSep-01-04 06:34 AM
Member since Oct 23rd 2003
340 posts,
#75787, "RE: Running rich, cannot figure out problem!"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by freddy_00_69
Well, most of those replies were worthless, except james. For the others, try to help out, not be dumb asses and smart. Dont waste your time or mine if your not gonna help.

I think the point was to tell you that they think that the information that James gave you was incorrect. At least the part about the black smoke.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #75715 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic