Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #85978
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Concecpt Illusions Turbo kit" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic
siloexMay-13-05 04:50 PM
Member since Apr 05th 2005
6 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85978, "Concecpt Illusions Turbo kit"

i just called up the dude ealier today at CI and asked him a few questions. a few things stood out with what he said. he said that the turbo manifold will have an external wastegate flange blocked off with a plate for future upgrades. also, the manifold is going to come with a bung for an egt (i think thats what he said about the bung. i think either it will come with it or it will be an option. maybe they can post something to clarify that.) oh and we can also add or remove things from the kit eg: remove the boost gauge, add a BOV flange to the charge pipe along with a BOV, add a fuel pump, etc etc... one thing that kinda sux is the fact that there wont be an IC but i guess i wouldnt hurt too much cus im only going to run 5-7 psi for now. either way im definatly going to rig something up as soon as i get the kit if i dont find a cheap IC kit for our 420a's. this sounds like a reeeeal good start for the money. what do u guys think??? keep in mind im not concidering this kit a "full bolt on" just a really good start...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
ShadowWulfMay-13-05 04:59 PM
Member since Jan 24th 2005
95 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85979, "RE: Concecpt Illusions Turbo kit"
In response to Reply # 0

Looks like its working up to be the first buyer-customizable turbo kit...
If so, then there going to get ALOT of business. Like MINE for one.
Once the rebuild is done im looking forward to the high-comp (11.5:1) low boost "alternative" for an upgrade and for this price this is prooably gonna be it.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1167

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ajcfalconMay-13-05 05:38 PM
Member since Nov 22nd 2003
1104 posts,
#85981, "RE: Concecpt Illusions Turbo kit"
In response to Reply # 1

i too am interested in the kit, i think they may have a good thing going here... and i second the comment about them having a lot of business because of this customize-able deal.

I honestly cant wait to see what will come of this...

madhatter210May-13-05 06:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2720 posts,
#85983, "RE: Concecpt Illusions Turbo kit"
In response to Reply # 2
May-13-05 06:06 PM by madhatter210

yea yea , regardless of what you can do when you make an order has anyone seen any numbers on this kit? What about anyone else using this kit? Whos making the manifolds? How long has it been tested/ has it been tested. Even if its half the cost of a "complete" kit, if something fails then what? Is there tech support if issues arrise? Just putting it out there "kind of the smart shopper thing to do".

I won't get into whats been talked about the last week or so if you all missed it, but were not talking about porting a tb and powdercoating it, or resale. Your talking about a custom made "kit" that still needs things to be considered complete. Why hasn't shawn been on to drop us the info on this. I know hes aware of the threads here. If alls good then I also would be game to give it a try but without all the answers I would wait till I had the flow for a sure, dyno proven, track tested kit that the tech info here is familar with.

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=85666&mesg_id=85666&page=&topic_page=1

http://www.murderpimp.com

2gnt T-shirts&swag
http://www.cafepress.com/mads

ShadowWulfMay-13-05 06:07 PM
Member since Jan 24th 2005
95 posts,
#85984, "RE: Concecpt Illusions Turbo kit"
In response to Reply # 3

Unfortunatly, what youre talking about is expensive (though it should be done.) As a new company (and one of the few trying to HELP us 420A guys!) they may not have the resources of another larger company.

If it comes down to it, im guessing several of the members on this board are likely going to be the so called "Dyno-tested, track-proven" numbers people are looking for. Good or bad...

Then again, if they wanted to sponsor a few of us

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1167

a_miller_76May-13-05 06:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#85985, "RE: Concecpt Illusions Turbo kit"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by ShadowWulf
Unfortunatly, what youre talking about is expensive (though it should be done.) As a new company (and one of the few trying to HELP us 420A guys!) they may not have the resources of another larger company. If it comes down to it, im guessing several of the members on this board are likely going to be the so called "Dyno-tested, track-proven" numbers people are looking for. Good or bad... Then again, if they wanted to sponsor a few of us

You should never test your product on your consumer

What bothers me is the statement "This is a complete bolt-on kit" on their website and it is NOT. There are so many missing parts it's rediculous. Simply the fact that they can't include a freaking fuel pump boggles my mind. Some kid is gonna buy this kit because it's $1100 and "bolt it in" and blow his engine first time he hits the road just because there's no fuel support, bov, or other necessary items to make this a reliable kit.

420a-TnthewerksMay-13-05 06:29 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
#85987, "RE: Concecpt Illusions Turbo kit"
In response to Reply # 5
May-13-05 06:34 PM by 420a-Tnthewerks

What the hell's with all the fuel pump concern? A Walbro 255lph fuel pump is $90. Go fuckin buy one, rather than wasting money on an inline you don't need. Pick your own BOV rather than a stock 3000GT POS.

djtrickeeMay-13-05 06:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#85988, "RE: Concecpt Illusions Turbo kit"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by siloex
blah blah blah

work there do ya?

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

a_miller_76May-13-05 06:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#85989, "RE: Concecpt Illusions Turbo kit"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks
What the hell's with all the fuel pump concern? A Walbro 255lph fuel pump is $90. Go fuckin buy one, rather than wasting money on an inline you don't need. Pick your own BOV rather than a stock 3000GT POS.

It's the principle of the matter, not the fact that a fuel pump is $90.

420a-TnthewerksMay-13-05 07:10 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
#85990, "RE: Concecpt Illusions Turbo kit"
In response to Reply # 8
May-13-05 07:18 PM by 420a-Tnthewerks

Originally posted by a_miller_76
Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks What the hell's with all the fuel pump concern? A Walbro 255lph fuel pump is $90. Go fuckin buy one, rather than wasting money on an inline you don't need. Pick your own BOV rather than a stock 3000GT POS.
It's the principle of the matter, not the fact that a fuel pump is $90.

That guy said you can add a fuel pump if you want.

Edit- does anybody know the exact amount the stock FP can handle? Like, for a fact and not guessing.

siloexMay-13-05 07:43 PM
Member since Apr 05th 2005
6 posts,
#85991, "RE: Concecpt Illusions Turbo kit"
In response to Reply # 7

na dude. i work for USAF in virginia, SrA 10IS TS/sci LOL i know somebody will understand all that... i just thought people would be interested in what he had to say. maybe even spark up a good thread where CI would finally start spitting some numbers at us. oh and another thing, he did say they're all working on producing some numbers for us but i think he was talking about the "stage 2" kit. but anyway, for the most part, i think most of the guys or gals (i would love to see one) that are looking into this kit is preety knowledgable on what is required to turbo an N/A. i hope. also, the way i see it is im not going to worry about "the people". im looking to piece together a kit for myself not for anyone else. their job is to worry about "the people" not i. i do realize i am part of "the people", but if shit goes bad then i'll fix it. i mean what usually goes bad with a kit? the welds? then i'll weld it again. if that doesnt work then i'll make one for myself like alot of people do around here. if one of the components fails on me then i'll replace it. even if one component fails, its still a hell of a deal. im sure they are and have been hard at work with making this kit. i think from their past sales history, they seem to have some credability. i guess what im trying to say is sure theres going to be problems with the kit. nothing is perfect. im always hearing about how the hahn kit has all these problems and does that stop people from buying them? NOPE... whats really at risk here given the kit will be low psi? the engine??? not likely unless something breaks and flies in there or holds the wastegate closed but does that really happen??? this isnt final destination. what else? the $1K?? sure if all the freaking parts broke which is also not likely. i guess all i have to say is wish me luck LOL... i'll get the kit and let u guys know how it turns out.

hey u think theres some kind of discount for beeing CI lab rat? naaa im sure they have some locals for that as we speek.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #85978 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic