Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #70145
View in threaded mode

Subject: "*NEW news for the OVER REV'D blown turbo ... CHECK IT!!" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse982nrRSTApr-30-04 01:16 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70145, "*NEW news for the OVER REV'D blown turbo ... CHECK IT!!"

Hey guys ... I cant thank everyone enough for the help you guys gave me trying to figure why the turbo blew ... from blow off valve to wategate to leaks ... I talked to Turbonetics today and they said "cause of failure was the turbo was over driven" or something like that ... he said probably a boost leak caused this because the turbo was spinning like crazy and leaking boost somehow ... correct, i did have a boost leak from teh intake manifold to pcv valve hose ... hmmm not sure if this would have done it, but thats what im leaning towards .... what do you guys think??? is that what did it? he said it was getting plenty of oil and all the oil was clean so it wasnt oil related ... let me know guys!!!!!!!!!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneApr-30-04 01:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70149, "RE: *NEW news for the OVER REV'D blown turbo ... CHECK IT!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Yes. How many times would you like to hear it?

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse982nrRSTApr-30-04 02:16 PM
6314 posts,
#70151, "RE: *NEW news for the OVER REV'D blown turbo ... CHECK IT!!"
In response to Reply # 1

so how many miles should not i boost on the new turbo to break it in, or can i boost or what should i do this time to be safer?

turbo8uApr-30-04 02:21 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#70153, "RE: *NEW news for the OVER REV'D blown turbo ... CHECK IT!!"
In response to Reply # 2
Apr-30-04 02:21 PM by turbo8u

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
so how many miles should not i boost on the new turbo to break it in, or can i boost or what should i do this time to be safer?

you can send it to me i'll take good care of her for ya

just put it in and drive it, just make sure oil is goin through it...with the engine on, crack the feed line and see if oil squishes out a little, if so...you're golden

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

as needles of ice
are the ill winds' talons
the coldest of shadows
they seep unto the bone

silent souls leave .308 holes

eclipse982nrRSTApr-30-04 02:33 PM
6314 posts,
#70155, "RE: *NEW news for the OVER REV'D blown turbo ... CHECK IT!!"
In response to Reply # 3

well i cranked the motor and oil came out into a jug w/ the motor off ... is that cool or should i take it off when the engine is on too ... ill sell you my blown one for 20 bucks, lol

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneApr-30-04 02:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#70156, "RE: *NEW news for the OVER REV'D blown turbo ... CHECK IT!!"
In response to Reply # 4

This time, make sure you don't have any boost leaks. There isn't really a breakin on a turbocharger. make sure it has plenty of oil, and a nice clear return line that goes as straight into the pan as possible.

Then, drive it like you stole it.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

eclipse982nrRSTMay-01-04 05:20 AM
6314 posts,
#70172, "RE: *NEW news for the OVER REV'D blown turbo ... CHECK IT!!"
In response to Reply # 5

i am almost positive my only boost leak was where the intake manifold connects to the pcv hose from the valve cover ... when i fed air through the side of the turbo, air was flowing from that goes like crazy because it wasnt clamped down onto the intake manny real good ... i didnt see any bubbles around the couplings on any pipes when i sprayed water around them and checked ... just the hose from the intake manny ... is that posible to have the boost leak from there or just a vac leak ... my boost gugae read -20 vac tho at idle .. hmmmmm ....???

Teamdougie2May-01-04 05:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#70174, "RE: *NEW news for the OVER REV'D blown turbo ... CHECK IT!!"
In response to Reply # 6
May-01-04 05:40 AM by dougie2

Ofcoarse it's possible to have a boost leak there! You know there was, you've already seen it! I don't get what you're trying to figure out here. Fix all of your leaks... go over every vac/boost line on your engine and make sure there's leak-free... and boost the fuck out of your engine. Have fun!

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

eclipse982nrRSTMay-01-04 01:27 PM
6314 posts,
#70198, "RE: *NEW news for the OVER REV'D blown turbo ... CHECK IT!!"
In response to Reply # 7

so i can boost the fuck out of it the first day i slap it on? i dont have to 'be easy' on the damn thing for 500-1000 miles?

djtrickeeMay-01-04 01:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#70200, "RE: *NEW news for the OVER REV'D blown turbo ... CHECK IT!!"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
so i can boost the fuck out of it the first day i slap it on? i dont have to 'be easy' on the damn thing for 500-1000 miles?

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=70145&mesg_id=70145&page=#70153

AND

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=70145&mesg_id=70145&page=#70156

read those... then read them again... take some notes... then read them again.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #70145 Previous topic | Next topic