Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #13540
View in threaded mode

Subject: "-4 -6 -8 an hose flow rates?" Previous topic | Next topic
jamesmanJan-15-02 05:41 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1339 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13540, "-4 -6 -8 an hose flow rates?"

anyone know if a -4 line will be able to supply enough fuel for a stage II hrc kit?
thanks
james

Rest In Peace Heidi Doggy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
TeamMuRiXJan-15-02 11:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1502 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13541, "RE: -4 -6 -8 an hose flow rates?"
In response to Reply # 0

Yes it will. The stock lines are large enough as well. They are tiny.

05 Mazda RX-8
06 Lotus Elise

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

jamesmanJan-16-02 03:05 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1339 posts,
#13542, "RE: -4 -6 -8 an hose flow rates?"
In response to Reply # 1

Murix,
I have an -4 an line from an old nitrous kit, is this line's inner diameter bigger than the stock fuel supply line hardline from the fuel pump to fuel rail? I wanted to switch out the hardline and replace it with this steel braided hose if i could.
thanks for the info!
lates
james

TeamMuRiXJan-16-02 03:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1502 posts,
#13543, "RE: -4 -6 -8 an hose flow rates?"
In response to Reply # 2

I want to say that it is, but to be honest I forget. I have not looked at the size in some time so it would require some measurment. Avenger ES-T might possibly know from the top of his head if he pops up.

05 Mazda RX-8
06 Lotus Elise

Avenger ESTJan-16-02 05:33 AM
Member since Nov 19th 2001
658 posts,
#13544, "RE: -4 -6 -8 an hose flow rates?"
In response to Reply # 3

I'm pretty sure you will be ok take a look under yoru car on the passenger side and you will see either 3 or 4 metal tubes running down the length of the car. ALL your fuel is running thorugh ONE of those tubes. That should give you a good idea of what I am trying to say

bring it on............

A.D.P.
"...If you do too much, people become dependant. If you do to little, people loose hope. If you do it right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
bring it on...........

jamesmanJan-16-02 08:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1339 posts,
#13545, "RE: -4 -6 -8 an hose flow rates?"
In response to Reply # 4

okay, i'm thinking that i am going to run a -6AN braided line from the fuel pump to the fuel filter. rubber hose from the fuel filter to the rail, and then rubber hose from the rail to the S-FMU, and then -4AN from the FMU back to the tank, you think this will do? where the heck do i get stainless braided line in so.cal?
thanks
lates
james

mkerleyJan-17-02 05:54 AM
Old School 2GNTer
944 posts,
#13546, "RE: -4 -6 -8 an hose flow rates?"
In response to Reply # 5

Check anplumbing.com or summitracing.com. I've found anplumbing has cheaper prices (same stuff). It's pricy, but you can't beat the quality.

Star Stage III

99GS MT | Star Stage 2 | GC coilovers | HurriganeGS tie bars | Tokico Illuminas | 17x7 Enkei RS5 | Baer track brakes |+

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #13540 Previous topic | Next topic