Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #10509
View in threaded mode

Subject: "02 Sensors ACCEL DFI blah" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
Super20GOct-09-01 04:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2545 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10509, "02 Sensors ACCEL DFI blah"

Do I really need the factory 02 sensor, then the 02 sensor for the DFI, then the 02 sensor after the cat? can't I eliminate the factory pre-cat one and tap into the bosch one that came w/ the DFI? Reason being, I havent tested yet, but I know atleast one of my 02 sensors is bad cause my A/F is always showing lean now even though its backfiring like a machine gun... I'm gonna replace em but dont feel like spending 120 x 3, that sucks.

So I need to run high octane fuel for high boost, high octane fuel is leaded, causing 02 sensor failure over time, just as running rich, using fuel additives, etc...? That sucks.

--
Brad Rickard
98 GS HRC Stage V (nuff said)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
koolade9Oct-09-01 06:24 PM
Old School 2GNTer
537 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10510, "RE: 02 Sensors ACCEL DFI blah"
In response to Reply # 0

where's the 3rd O2 sensors??

and the generic one's are like 40-50 bucks for a bosch....

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Super20GOct-10-01 02:17 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2545 posts,
#10511, "RE: 02 Sensors ACCEL DFI blah"
In response to Reply # 1

Cool, I'll just get generics then... fxck 120 for a 02 sensor, thats a lot for one i think. Well, it has 2 before the cat and 1 after the cat.
--
Brad Rickard

TeamMichael_97RSOct-10-01 03:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10512, "RE: 02 Sensors ACCEL DFI blah"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm not sure how much controll the DFI takes over (I think all) in which case any O2 sensor that isn't sending a signal to the DFI is useless???

BTW high octane fuel is not leaded, all fuels sold at the pump are unleaded, and running extremely rich will kill and O2 sensor.

"The fastest draw is when the sword never leaves the scabbard,
The strongest way to block, is never to provoke a blow,
And the cleanest cut is the one withheld."

Michael J. Kulaga e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga Website: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

All Motor Beast in the Making

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, Hooker 4-1 Stepped Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, S-AFC, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, SS Clutch Line, NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., FU/RU/RL STBs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17. Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors and Carbon Fiber Pads

To Be Installed: Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors and KVR Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-10-01 03:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10513, "RE: 02 Sensors ACCEL DFI blah"
In response to Reply # 3

Michael, Brad runs AV gas, the REALLY high octane stuff.. which is leaded. it also ruins your cat.

For Mitsubishi Technical Manuals, INCLUDING the 97-99 electrical and service manuals, click HERE:
http://www.heavenz-not-0verflowing.com/files/
No MP3 for YOU!

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Super20GOct-10-01 03:49 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2545 posts,
#10514, "RE: 02 Sensors ACCEL DFI blah"
In response to Reply # 4

So, you can't just clean the 02 sensor with some tb cleaner or something and make it work again? Once they fail, they're dead? Yeah, AV fuel is cheaper than turbo blue and higher octane, so I figured since i dont have a cat, it will be ok, forgot about the 02 sensors. Gotta love the smell of high octane fuel out the exhaust, the smell of power.

Dino, is michael right that the factory 02's are useless with the DFI installed? Or do they still take data and look off the factory tables?

--
Brad Rickard

TeamMichael_97RSOct-10-01 04:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#10515, "RE: 02 Sensors ACCEL DFI blah"
In response to Reply # 5

My bad... didn't know you were running Super Octane

The different fuel computers handle things differently... So I'm not 100% positive on how it handles everything, so before you go disconnectoing things... Check with someone who is sure on that one... maybe you could find somethign fro teh manufacturer on how much it leaves up to the stock ECU.

"The fastest draw is when the sword never leaves the scabbard,
The strongest way to block, is never to provoke a blow,
And the cleanest cut is the one withheld."

Michael J. Kulaga e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga Website: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

All Motor Beast in the Making

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, Hooker 4-1 Stepped Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, S-AFC, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, SS Clutch Line, NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., FU/RU/RL STBs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17. Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors and Carbon Fiber Pads

To Be Installed: Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors and KVR Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-10-01 04:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#10516, "RE: 02 Sensors ACCEL DFI blah"
In response to Reply # 6

I don't know for sure, Brad. Try calling HRC.. Bill'll know for sure.

For Mitsubishi Technical Manuals, INCLUDING the 97-99 electrical and service manuals, click HERE:
No MP3 for YOU!

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

koolade9Oct-10-01 04:57 AM
Old School 2GNTer
537 posts,
#10517, "RE: 02 Sensors ACCEL DFI blah"
In response to Reply # 7

.....I've only got two....? is it because I've got a 95???

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-10-01 05:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#10518, "RE: 02 Sensors ACCEL DFI blah"
In response to Reply # 8

No, it's because you don't have an Accell DFI

No MP3 for YOU!

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

koolade9Oct-10-01 08:17 AM
Old School 2GNTer
537 posts,
#10519, "RE: 02 Sensors ACCEL DFI blah"
In response to Reply # 9

ah-haa.... too-schea

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #10509 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic