Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #99159
View in threaded mode

Subject: "OBX RAM HORN TURBO MANIFOLD" This topic is locked.
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
ConceptIllusionsFeb-13-07 12:28 PM
Member since Sep 05th 2003
188 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#99159, "OBX RAM HORN TURBO MANIFOLD"

Well guys here a few pictures of a customers experience with the OBX ramhorn. He is having fitment issues with it hitting on the thermostat housing. Seems the first runner on the left doesnt give it enough clearance to bolt on tightly, im almost wondering if we could have a new housing machined that lets it clear the manifold, it looks like a good design other that that.. but here you go enjoy!

Anyone else having problems be sure to post up!

www.cimotorsports.net

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
donnyb373Feb-13-07 12:38 PM
Member since Apr 07th 2004
1122 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#99161, "RE: OBX RAM HORN TURBO MANIFOLD"
In response to Reply # 0

it doesnt look to bad, maybe grind some material out of the t-stat housing and manifold?

other than that issue it looks to fit good, the only thing i would do is cut the wg runner and turn it the oposite way

totaleclipse_05Feb-13-07 12:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#99162, "RE: OBX RAM HORN TURBO MANIFOLD"
In response to Reply # 0

Hmmm, would that wastegate flange be able to clear the fans if they were in the stock position?

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DR1665
You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

donnyb373Feb-13-07 12:40 PM
Member since Apr 07th 2004
1122 posts,
#99163, "RE: OBX RAM HORN TURBO MANIFOLD"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by totaleclipse_05
Hmmm, would that wastegate flange be able to clear the fans if they were in the stock position?

no i dont think so and if they would it would be a crazy tight fit

but5 now that im lookin at those pics over again, the t-stat housing is fucked, you would have to make up a new housing alltogether i thinks

BOOSTED ECLIPSEFeb-13-07 12:58 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2004
381 posts,
#99164, "RE: OBX RAM HORN TURBO MANIFOLD"
In response to Reply # 3

It also looks to me that the turbo compressor housing will he the starter unless it is a very small turbo.

With the manifold hitting the T housing is just shows that OBX did very little R&D. Also OBX says that the manifold will work with A/C and power steering, but it looks like if you had A/C that there would be no room for down pipe.

Joe
MFG Racing

95 GS
MSnS
FP3052 coming soon.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1107

http://www.cardomain.com/id/95turbogs

totaleclipse_05Feb-13-07 01:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#99165, "RE: OBX RAM HORN TURBO MANIFOLD"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by BOOSTED ECLIPSE
With the manifold hitting the T housing is just shows that OBX did very little R&D.

I agree. From seeing what I have already, I can safely say I will never want that manifold. If I have to mess with all that other stuff JUST to get it to fit, it isn't worth my time. I think Mike's manifold that he is selling in the BST section is a way better design than the OBX.

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DR1665
You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

ConceptIllusionsFeb-13-07 01:36 PM
188 posts,
#99166, "RE: OBX RAM HORN TURBO MANIFOLD"
In response to Reply # 5
Feb-13-07 01:36 PM by ConceptIllusions

Yeah that manifold really concerns me, i dont think it would fit with the stock fan in there.. i dont like how close the rad hose is to the manifold to begin with even if it did fit.. i know the obx tubular ones for the 4g63 sit into the rad hose and the wastegate is about 2 cm away from the rad..

www.cimotorsports.net

eclipse982nrRSTFeb-13-07 02:17 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#99167, "RE: OBX RAM HORN TURBO MANIFOLD"
In response to Reply # 6

garbage. thats all that thing is. nice place for the wastegate too. no way a stock fan would fit there.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

jack_of_tradesFeb-13-07 02:44 PM
Member since Oct 30th 2005
217 posts,
#99168, "RE: OBX RAM HORN TURBO MANIFOLD"
In response to Reply # 7

Man, silicone hose or not...that's gonna be some SERIOUS heat soak in that T-stat housing!. That t-stat will probably kick open way before the cooling system is actually up to the proper temp. Well in defense of the ram-horn design, most people I see using a custom made version remove the factory fans and add push fans in front of the radiator. About 30 minutes of R&D woulda made them a lot of money. I gaurantee that the piping was originally made for some honda mani and they just fitted it to a 420A flange without checking a damn thing.

Jamie-
-AUTOMATIC turbo'd 95 Talon ESI@8psi (stock internals)14.0sec=1/4 mile

-2003 Mitsubishi Evo VIII

bigrob3232Feb-13-07 02:56 PM
Member since Feb 08th 2006
203 posts,
#99170, "RE: OBX RAM HORN TURBO MANIFOLD"
In response to Reply # 8

I cut my external wastegate off since I have internal wastegate...my turbo clears the starter but I have the same problem with the Tstat.

ConceptIllusionsFeb-13-07 04:03 PM
188 posts,
#99171, "RE: OBX RAM HORN TURBO MANIFOLD"
In response to Reply # 9

Did you ever get it to work though?

www.cimotorsports.net

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #99159 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic