Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #6496
View in threaded mode

Subject: "HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
VendorHRCJun-20-01 03:53 AM
Old School 2GNTer
374 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6496, "HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!"

Tuesday night test and tune, Route 66 Raceway, Joliet, Il, 6-19-01:

With marginal traction and hot, humid weather, the HRC RS with its latest combo reset its own records. The new numbers are 11.53 seconds @ 123 MPH!

The rest of the numbers:
60 ft 1.79, 1/8 mile 7.44 @ 99.06

Previous best was 11.72 @ 122, with 60 ft of 1.718 and 1/8 mile of 7.58 @ 94.24. These old numbers were run with excellent traction and weather conditions, unlike the new record.

The new Record moves the HRC RS to from #7 to #4 on the dsm.org drag times list.

As you can see from the numbers, the 60ft on the new record run was poor compared to the old record. With the new combo of larger slicks and taller gearing, 60 fts in the 1.60's are expected. A track with better traction should net this. Better traction alone should propel the RS into the 11.30's, and the addition of more favorable weather (less humid, cooler) should assist to net 11.20's!

The best part is that this is in a street car with air conditioning and power steering, completely stock cylinder head, cams, intake and thottle body, and a bolt-on Stage V HRC turbokit. The only non-stock engine parts are the pistons and rods!

A quick rundown of the combo:

HRC Stage V Turbosystem with new HRC FMIC and optional Super 20G-H turbocharger, optional Eliminator 420A 3" stainless downpipe, open exhaust
HRC / Clutchmasters Stage IV clutch
Quaife limited slip differential
HRC prepped transaxle with 3.55 final drive (stock is 3.94)
26 x 8.5 x 15 slicks
AFX underdrive pulley

Not a very long list, but the Stage V Turbosystem contains a wealth of components in a coordinated, highly proven combination (see our website for details).

Not too bad for a car that has 24,000 turbocharged miles, and ran 16.50's stock, eh?

Here's the fun part: for NIRA Power Four competition, we will be adding Nitrous Oxide. Essentially, we will clone the combo off the HRC / Ayala Neon, which just broke into the nines on its first time out this season (see other thread). If we propose 11.20's in optimal conditions without nitrous, imagine what might be there with it!

Damn, I am jazzed!
Bill Hahn Jr.

Bill Hahn Jr.
98 RS Turbo: 10.87 @ 136 MPH
HRC Stage V with N20
Nation's Fastest Street FWD 2G DSM
www.turbosystem.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
TeamMichael_97RSJun-20-01 04:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6497, "RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!"
In response to Reply # 0

That's GREAT!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see you run.

Bill, do you plan any more test and tunes before the shoot out? I want to head to route 66 and get a few practice runs in before I ruin at the shoot out. I would love to go and see you run at the same time. Let me know. E-mail or post. Thanks.

"Claim Victory in your heart, and the universe will follow."
Michael J. Kulaga e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga Website: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI w/ K&N Breather Filters, AFX UDP, 55mm TB, GS-T Muffler, FU/RU/RL STBs, Front NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., Red Silicone Hose Kit, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Bosch Rapidfire Plugs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17. Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors and Carbon Fiber Pads

And in my Room: Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors and KVR Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads, SS Clutch Line, Rear Motor Mount Ins.

Waiting for from RRE: Front Lower Tie Bar

Waiting for: Intake Manifold being ported/polished, EGT, A/F Meter, S-AFC

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RuffCutJun-20-01 04:08 AM
Old School 2GNTer
36 posts,
#6498, "RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm glad to see you are having such good results, wish you the best in your continued success.

Soon to order HRC turbo kit foor my 99 gs

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJun-20-01 04:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#6499, "RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!"
In response to Reply # 2

..shoulda bought HRC...

Get the Mitsubishi Technical Information manual for the 95-99 Eclipse HERE!
http://www.heavenz-not-0verflowing.com/files/dsmmanual.pdf

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

eclipsekaiserJun-20-01 05:14 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#6500, "RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!"
In response to Reply # 3

WOW...keep up the good work Bill.

-K-

VendorHRCJun-20-01 06:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
374 posts,
#6501, "RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!"
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks for your support, Dino. Please forgive me for saying this, but I prefer that this thread not rile the other STAR owners who frequent the board. Your opinions count too, but let's keep this thread free of conflict...you know how it goes sometimes!

Bill Hahn Jr.
HRC Stage V with N20
www.turbosystem.com

TeamJasonESi_TJun-20-01 06:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#6502, "RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!"
In response to Reply # 5

Way to go Bill!

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)/Custom FMIC

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

RS_GuyJun-20-01 06:35 AM
Old School 2GNTer
484 posts,
#6503, "RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!"
In response to Reply # 0

LAST EDITED ON 20-Jun-01 AT 11:37 AM (PST)

Way To Go Bill!

Keep Raising that FWD bar! Let's hope that the biased dude that runs http://times.dsm.org will actually update your time!

So..... what will a Stage V minus the 20G run I hope to help "represent" soon.

Guy
RS_Guy

"Kiss My RS" (British Accent Please...)

http://www.GTuned.com

-----
www.GTuned.com

VendorHRCJun-20-01 06:52 AM
Old School 2GNTer
374 posts,
#6504, "RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!"
In response to Reply # 7

Guy: a Stage V minus 20G is essentially a Stage IV. The two combos are otherwise identical except the programming in the Auxiliary Management System. One other thing: all Stage V's use front mount intercoolers.

Our RS ran mid to low 12's on Stage IV with the sidemount IC.

Thanks for the congrats!

Bill Hahn Jr.
HRC Stage V with N20
www.turbosystem.com

fly1Jun-20-01 07:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1470 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6505, "RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!"
In response to Reply # 0

Totally awesome!!! Once again, HRC has proven the capability of the 420A motor. Way to go Bill!

Fly1
1998 Eclipse GS
HRC stage 2 turbo system

"Sometimes, a man has to do what a man has to do."

phrenzyJun-20-01 12:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
684 posts,
#6506, "RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!"
In response to Reply # 9

Way to go Bill, can't wait to see you run at the shootout.

Steve "Phrenzy" - DJPhrenzy@aol.com
'99 Eclipse GS (sport) - Barcelona Red/Tan Leather
HRC Stage 2 @ 5psi (June 19th)
HKS W1 3" cat-back
Autometer boost/GReddy EGT
Konig Verdict 17x7 - Toyo FZ4 215/45ZR17
custom system, cosmetic mods...

Old School 2GNTer
Now rockin an 05 SRT-4

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #6496 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic