Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #48353
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Vacum Leak????? How to find????" Previous topic | Next topic
RxR_EclipseMay-08-03 05:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48353, "Vacum Leak????? How to find????"

Alright. For some time now I have had this problem. My car will have about 14hg vacum (idle) when she is first started and will stay around 14-15 till i boost hard on her. Then she will go up to 16-17. But after that first boost the rest of the day it will be at around 12-13. I cannot find this damn leak! Anyone have any ideas on what is going on, or the best way to find the leak? Compression is around 180 for all 4 + or - 5 lbs.

Kevin
The old:

The new:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
juggaloMay-08-03 06:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48357, "RE: Vacum Leak????? How to find????"
In response to Reply # 0

i have found that cigarette smoke is good for finding vac. leaks.

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

The1BillMay-08-03 09:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2292 posts,
#48364, "RE: Vacum Leak????? How to find????"
In response to Reply # 1

I spray brake cleaner around the engine bay, and wherever I am spraying when the engine stumbles is the location of the vac leak. Brake Cleaner doesn't burn quite as well, so when it makes it's way through the vacuum leak, the vacuum line, and the manifold, it causes the engine to stumble.
-=B-=

Dude, Boeing called. They want their wing back.

Dark0ne95: There is a butthole on that girl that his going to feel the wrath of 23 yeras of worldwide hate.
Me: Can I put that in my sig?
Dark0ne95: GO right fucking ahead.

RxR_EclipseMay-08-03 07:57 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
#48419, "RE: Vacum Leak????? How to find????"
In response to Reply # 2

Fucking vacume leak got worse today. now she reads like 10hg.....im going to try the brake cleaner thing...wish me luck.

Kevin
The old:

The new:

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #48353 Previous topic | Next topic