Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #15824
View in threaded mode

Subject: "bigest turbo" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
10secALLengineNT96Feb-16-02 08:50 AM
Member since Feb 12th 2002
5 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15824, "bigest turbo"

whats is the bigest turbo i could put in my 96 rs

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
ModeratorEvuLFleAFeb-16-02 08:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15825, "RE: bigest turbo"
In response to Reply # 0

so what kit do you have now?

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BreezioFeb-16-02 08:59 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4863 posts,
#15826, "RE: bigest turbo"
In response to Reply # 0

well.. you COULD put anything.. but would it be a good idea? probably not. for most people a turbo that would be considered big for the car would be like a super 20G or something.. if I remember right.. I don't know too much about the different brand/types of turbos.

DrkWtsnFeb-16-02 12:52 PM
Member since Jan 14th 2002
154 posts,
#15827, "RE: bigest turbo"
In response to Reply # 2

how about this one?

2005 Subaru WRX - Not stock.

98 Eclipse - got a little bit on it ;o

89 Celica GT-S - BOOM, bye bye

2bFasterFeb-16-02 01:02 PM
Member since Jan 03rd 2002
170 posts,
#15828, "RE: bigest turbo"
In response to Reply # 3

WOW.....
youd have to get a trailer for that bizzatch

www.geocities.com/twobfaster
*Iceman CAI
*Konig Mozart Muffler
*17" Team Loco 134 rims
*225/45/17 Sumitomo HTRZ2 tires
*Aerospeed dual plane black spoiler
*Vis Racing Blitz F.E.
*Dodge Viper Yellow Paint
*Simpson 5 pt racing harness(for the auto-x

TragikTSiFeb-16-02 01:35 PM
Old School 2GNTer
349 posts,
#15829, "RE: bigest turbo"
In response to Reply # 4

*ahem* 20G turbo right here!

'98 TSi AWD. '98 ESi Turbo-It's Back. '99 Cav Z24.

Amish_EclipseFeb-16-02 02:35 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#15830, "RE: bigest turbo"
In response to Reply # 5

there's people on the board with garret t65 turbos. they usually go on the big turbo diesel engines. soo it's up to you and how much money you wanna spend. but you won't be all motor with turbo

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

HadesOmegaFeb-17-02 08:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#15831, "RE: bigest turbo"
In response to Reply # 6

The big question is how much power do you want. Peepz with monster turbos me including don't make any real power until like 4k. With a smaller turbo you will be able to make power faster but it'll have a limit to how much power it can give you. My t3/t4 turbo is supposedly capable of 400 HP but am I using all of that? Nope, so you have to know what goal your shooting for. I suggest you buy a book about turbos, it tells you how to build a turbo system and tune it for your car. I forget what it was called I saw it at a speedshop.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

mitseclpsFeb-17-02 09:14 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1018 posts,
#15832, "RE: bigest turbo"
In response to Reply # 7

there's a talon here in gainesville that has a green turbo on it boosting 30 psi and does 12's babying it across the line due to what i'd call "traction issues", but do you really want to spend 1200$+ on just the turbo part?

-bryan
'98 rst

Amish_EclipseFeb-17-02 09:48 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#15833, "RE: bigest turbo"
In response to Reply # 8

if it runs 12's being babied than yeah i do wanna spend that much on a turbo }>

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

mitseclpsFeb-17-02 11:03 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1018 posts,
#15834, "RE: bigest turbo"
In response to Reply # 9

yeh...it's fast to say the least...

-bryan
'98 rst

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #15824 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic