Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108654
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Freakingbori617 Turbo Build " 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
freakingbori617Apr-13-11 11:55 AM
Member since Jul 19th 2009
80 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108654, "Freakingbori617 Turbo Build "

Ok so I been lurking the forums for years now, reading, learning, harassing,ect. Last summer I pieced together a turbo kit running 15g Turbo, on stock internals and used missing link as a fcd, a test run with fuel cut ended everything. So, since then i been buying part for part to do a complete build. So this thread will be my slow moving process. All i need is main and rod bearings and machine work done. Thinking of getting a OBX lsd since people on neons.org have luch but not sure yet.

All parts:
CP Pistons 10.5:1 .040over

Eagle rds std.

Crane 14 Turbo Grind got these real cheap

OBX intake manifold. Dont bash. I just like it.

Cometic HG

Fidanza Cam Gears, UDP, VOLVO t3 Adapter

Airtex water pump, BC spring+Retainers, and PEP 1mm valves

Magnecor wires, Aeromotive FPR, SBI guides, hallman boost controller

ARP Main and Head

4g63 ALuminum Rad. and slim fans. Need to modify

Gates Blue TB, Mopar P lifters,PCI mechanical Tensioner

Oil cooler adap and oil cooler

Megasquirt V3 mounted in airbag

Before it went

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneApr-13-11 12:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108655, "RE: Freakingbori617 Turbo Build "
In response to Reply # 0

Looks good man.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorCODE4Apr-13-11 12:23 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#108656, "RE: Freakingbori617 Turbo Build "
In response to Reply # 1

Solid.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Slo2gApr-13-11 07:54 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#108657, "RE: Freakingbori617 Turbo Build "
In response to Reply # 2

Hell yeah! Another 420a high compression motor on boost!

TeamDR1665Apr-15-11 06:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#108659, "RE: Freakingbori617 Turbo Build "
In response to Reply # 3

You still need bearings? I have this FedEx bag in my garage full of new 420A bearings I never used. Not sure if they're all there or if they're oversized, but they're yours if you want 'em.

Let me know. I'll try to get pics tonight.

CyexmasterApr-22-11 04:24 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
324 posts,
#108664, "RE: Freakingbori617 Turbo Build "
In response to Reply # 4

Se ve muy bien eso!

Where in Puerto Rico are you?

Status- Need to do break-in...

Try not to challenge me, I'd rather tie up than lose. Either way you NEVER WIN.... - Me..

freakingbori617May-17-11 01:52 PM
Member since Jul 19th 2009
80 posts,
#108705, "RE: Freakingbori617 Turbo Build "
In response to Reply # 5
May-17-11 01:55 PM by freakingbori617

Gracias pero ,I dont live in PR. Im out here in MASS., alittle update I finally pulled the engine out and bought One step paint to paint engine bay black.Having trouble removing balancer,I tried using a cheap pulley puller but ended stripping the center bold applying pressure. So I have to go rent Chrystler puller

Also finished my throttle body from a Crown vic,had seized bearing now its like butter.65mm

Also i figured out that the fittings on the valve cover and thermostat housing are pressed in. So I will be welding VC shut and welding two fitting running to Catch can to ventilate. Also a fitting on the stat housing.

JoshDSMMay-17-11 07:39 PM
Member since Aug 29th 2010
69 posts,
#108706, "RE: Freakingbori617 Turbo Build "
In response to Reply # 6

Really solid build man, keep it up. Hopefully you get more pics up soon

AdministratorCODE4May-17-11 07:43 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#108707, "RE: Freakingbori617 Turbo Build "
In response to Reply # 6

No need to weld them if you do not have to. A 3/8" NPT tap works perfectly for the thermostat (not sure about the VC).

Read: http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Waterneck_Heater_Hose_Conversion

---

2012 2500HD LML

dalesmitsuMay-19-11 03:25 AM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#108708, "RE: Freakingbori617 Turbo Build "
In response to Reply # 8
May-19-11 12:44 PM by CODE4

Nice, but you need a different radiator. Sell the one you have to the 4g63 guys on dsmtuners.com classifieds.
There's some Use the all metal two row radiators from radiatorbarn.com or fluidyne for the 420a.

Mishimoto, will be making radiators for the 420a sometime in the future.

__
1995 gs Saved from the crusher
1998 RS gone to(Dsm Heaven)
1997 gs gone to Dsm heaven

2ndGen-ElTalonMay-19-11 07:43 AM
Member since May 26th 2010
88 posts,
#108709, "RE: Freakingbori617 Turbo Build "
In response to Reply # 9

Nice build man, Can't wait to see more. Its nice to see more builds popping up around here, any Goals Set for the New setup?

Jeff.

Originally posted by 740TurboBrick

"Dsms run on Gasoline, DSMers run on Alcohol...Id bring a tank to refuel the DSMers..."

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108654 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic