Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108561
View in threaded mode

Subject: "My boosted Rs doesnt accelerate!" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
bigray1111Mar-12-11 07:59 AM
Member since Mar 12th 2011
39 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108561, "My boosted Rs doesnt accelerate!"

Hey guys, this forum is great. I've recently been on mitsubishi-forums.... lets just say theyre terrible and i shouldve never started there in the first place. Well over the past year I've been building my RS a/t. Here is my mod list:

52 trim ebay turbo
12:1 fmu
fmic
255 walbro
2.5 inch straight exhaust
missing link
oil/boost pressure gauges
and thats basically the important stuff

Now on to my problem. ever since i first drove thsi, i had a problem where i would give it maybe more than 20% throttle and the car would
stutter and buck if i gave it more gas. if i let off the gas while doing this, i would end up accelerating. Ive been dealing with this for about 6 months now. I have no clue on what to do. Any suggestion would be nice. It could be fuel cut? possibly a boost leak, yet i check everywhere. and i might be... well only god knows really. or you guys. Its embarassing pulling up to a light next to a civic with a coffee can on the back, and i cant do anything about it... Could it be that im pig rich???? let me know guys, thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
740 turbo brickMar-12-11 08:06 AM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108562, "RE: My boosted Rs doesnt accelerate!"
In response to Reply # 0

First impression to me is way too much fuel. If its bucking under throttle and when you let up it wants to accelerate, that to me means when you let off the gas the air:fuel is actually going towards something it can use instead of just raw fuel. Have someone drive behind you when you go WOT and see if its backfiring/blowing black smoke out.

Also, did this problem just arise or has it been like this since it was turbocharged?

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

bigray1111Mar-12-11 08:08 AM
39 posts,
#108563, "RE: My boosted Rs doesnt accelerate!"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by 740 turbo brick
First impression to me is way too much fuel. If its bucking under throttle and when you let up it wants to accelerate, that to me means when you let off the gas the air:fuel is actually going towards something it can use instead of just raw fuel. Have someone drive behind you when you go WOT and see if its backfiring/blowing black smoke out. Also, did this problem just arise or has it been like this since it was turbocharged?

This has happened since the first drive of my build. would it be wise to drop in the stock fuel pump and disconnect the fmu and give it a try?

AdministratorCODE4Mar-12-11 08:21 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#108564, "RE: My boosted Rs doesnt accelerate!"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by bigray1111
Originally posted by 740 turbo brick First impression to me is way too much fuel. If its bucking under throttle and when you let up it wants to accelerate, that to me means when you let off the gas the air:fuel is actually going towards something it can use instead of just raw fuel. Have someone drive behind you when you go WOT and see if its backfiring/blowing black smoke out. Also, did this problem just arise or has it been like this since it was turbocharged?
This has happened since the first drive of my build. would it be wise to drop in the stock fuel pump and disconnect the fmu and give it a try?

No.

What injector sizes do you have?
Fuel pressures?
Wideband readings?
If you have no way to tune that should be your next purchase.

Without anything to tune or give you feedback you are shooting in the dark.

---

2012 2500HD LML

bigray1111Mar-12-11 08:59 AM
39 posts,
#108565, "RE: My boosted Rs doesnt accelerate!"
In response to Reply # 3

I have the stock injectors, no way to monitor a/f and no way to tune... im only in highschool and ive put every dollar i have into this car haha. pretty bad on cash...

AdministratorCODE4Mar-12-11 09:03 AM
2552 posts,
#108566, "RE: My boosted Rs doesnt accelerate!"
In response to Reply # 4

I understand. Just keep in mind that turbocharging the stock 420a in your situation (without proper monitoring/feedback) will likely end up in some form of internal damage from poor fuel or detonation control.

Investing a small amount now may prolong a costly rebuild in the future. Hypothetically, what would happen if you blew a piston ringland and needed a rebuild? All the money you have dumped into it is useless.

---

2012 2500HD LML

bigray1111Mar-12-11 09:05 AM
39 posts,
#108567, "RE: My boosted Rs doesnt accelerate!"
In response to Reply # 5

youre very right. i would just like a little more "insurance" and knowing that it would work before i go ahead and spend more money. know what im saying??

bigray1111Mar-13-11 02:41 PM
39 posts,
#108571, "RE: My boosted Rs doesnt accelerate!"
In response to Reply # 6

Hey guys i was looking around, i hate to be cheap... i really do. but sometimes i have to. the car isnt my daily so its not that much of a problem not running but anyway, i found this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VTEC-CONTROLLER-AIR-FUEL-RPM-TORQUE-DIGITAL-GAUGE-/390291695085?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5adf32a5ed#ht_1799wt_1162it says its a vtec controller but i noticed the air fuel control part. lmk if this could work for me. if it does, id be able to buy a wideband as well.

AdministratorCODE4Mar-13-11 02:46 PM
2552 posts,
#108572, "RE: My boosted Rs doesnt accelerate!"
In response to Reply # 7

It is garbage.

---

2012 2500HD LML

bigray1111Mar-13-11 02:53 PM
39 posts,
#108573, "RE: My boosted Rs doesnt accelerate!"
In response to Reply # 8

would it help tune my fuel ratio? im stuck in the water. if you guys can figure out a way i can do this for 200$ id be VERY happy.

AdministratorCODE4Mar-13-11 02:54 PM
2552 posts,
#108574, "RE: My boosted Rs doesnt accelerate!"
In response to Reply # 9

You want to tune or monitor you A/F ratio? Your FMU can give you basic control by setting pressure and changing the disc out.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108561 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic