Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #102379
View in threaded mode

Subject: "AEM Wideband or Zeitronix ZT-2 ?" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
rettezJan-06-08 11:32 AM
Member since Jan 06th 2008
58 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102379, "AEM Wideband or Zeitronix ZT-2 ?"

Hi guys, greetings from México!
Before of nothing, i'm want say... Cool Site!! i have 2 days readings your forums, and i'm learning too much!!!
My name is Gonzalo, i'm from Sonora,Mexico and my car is 95 Eclipse GS 5spd, Project turbo kit custom

weel, the question is, wich wideband? AEM or Zeitronix?
My setup is

Walbro 255LPH
Stock Injectors
OBX FMU 12:1 (i think)
Garrett T3 Turbo
Manifold custom

i'm wait running with 5-6 psi, but i think, the wastegate of this turbo are configurated @ 7 psi or more.
So, i'm need a wideband, but, wich? AEM or Zeitronix?

one more question, i need a EGT gauge?

Cheers!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
2GeclipseRSJan-06-08 11:44 AM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102381, "RE: AEM Wideband or Zeitronix ZT-2 ?"
In response to Reply # 0

Can't go wrong with either wideband. They both give an acurate A/F ratio necessary to get a good tune. Flip a coil?

7psi is fine.

Some are running 10psi on stock internals with high octane pump gas without problems.

Goodnight sweetheart...yes its time to go...bum bum bum bum bum...good night sweetheart yes I am one little a$$hole......bum bum bum bum....

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

rettezJan-06-08 11:48 AM
58 posts,
#102382, "RE: AEM Wideband or Zeitronix ZT-2 ?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by 2GeclipseRS
Can't go wrong with either wideband. They both give an acurate A/F ratio necessary to get a good tune. Flip a coil? 7psi is fine. Some are running 10psi on stock internals with high octane pump gas without problems.

i have an A/F Ratio gauge Autometer, but i'm not want read lights, is safe this gauge on my setup? so, i don't need Wideband ?

-----------------------------------
95 Eclipse GS+T.. Garrett t3
MEXICAN DSM 420A TURBO! 1/4 mile: 14.830 @ 6 psi 14.725@100 mph .. 9 psi & open pipe TRACTIONLESS
stock inj, stock mounts, 12:1 vortech fmu, bkr7s at .032", 93 oct, walbro 255, stock clutch.. etc

I HATE SR20DE
http://www.youtube.com/rettez

rettezJan-06-08 11:54 AM
58 posts,
#102384, "RE: AEM Wideband or Zeitronix ZT-2 ?"
In response to Reply # 2

ahhhh it's ok!!! i'm not understand
you want say AEM or Zeitronix, it's the same? no problem if i'm buy AEM Wideband Uego ! Thank's for reply!

MEXICAN DSM 420A TURBO! 1/4 mile: 14.830 @ 6 psi 14.725@100 mph .. 9 psi & open pipe TRACTIONLESS
stock inj, stock mounts, 12:1 vortech fmu, bkr7s at .032", 93 oct, walbro 255, stock clutch.. etc

I HATE SR20DE

foggy45Jan-06-08 02:44 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#102387, "RE: AEM Wideband or Zeitronix ZT-2 ?"
In response to Reply # 3

to keep a good eye on your engine you should really get an EGT gauge.
especially when it comes to tuning fuel pressures and timing.

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

Moderatorcs82685Jan-06-08 02:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#102388, "RE: AEM Wideband or Zeitronix ZT-2 ?"
In response to Reply # 4
Jan-06-08 02:54 PM by cs82685

I really don't think you can go wrong with the aem or the zeitronix. Personally I have the zeitronix and LOVE it. If you want to hold off on the wideband, a narrowband and an egt gauge can help you monitor enough to hopefully save you when there's real trouble (it has for me in the past) however, I would just get the zeitronix and get the egt probe with it.

BTW welcome to the site.

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

justins71Jan-06-08 03:00 PM
Member since Oct 25th 2007
466 posts,
#102389, "RE: AEM Wideband or Zeitronix ZT-2 ?"
In response to Reply # 5

I have the AEM UEGO and am not too happy with it since I got Megasquirt. The gauge itself is awesome, but lately it's been switching output settings on it's own, despite the dial settings on the back. smacking it sometimes or pulling on the wiring at other times straightens it out. Really sux when it's outputting on a NB scale, then my EGO leans the hell out of it.

/>

'95 GS w/ t3/t4b
FMIC, diy piping & RFL BOV
MS2-Extra Fuel&Spark
50 lb/hr Holley injectors w/ 1:1 RRFPR
JE 8.8:1 dish w/ Hastings Rings
Eagle Rods w/ ARP bolts
ARP Head studs
Mild port/polish head
3" custom DP/cat section, 3" PIT catback
dual MBC - 12 psi / 20psi

rettezJan-06-08 04:18 PM
58 posts,
#102392, "RE: AEM Wideband or Zeitronix ZT-2 ?"
In response to Reply # 6

Ok. the better way is the Zeitronix Zt-2
how much the Zeitronix $$$ ? and Where can I buy it?
Because on eBay i can't find the Zeitronix !!

Thanks to all for your replies! Cheers!
P.D. Happy New year!!

I HATE SR20DE

lild14Jan-06-08 04:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#102393, "RE: AEM Wideband or Zeitronix ZT-2 ?"
In response to Reply # 6

Zeitronix FTW. 02, Boost, and Egt readings...data logging...need i say more?

=Dan=

98rs eclipse- Mods: BC2, C/F hood, custom turbo system consisting of a PTE SC50, turbosmart ultra gate (10psi), star FMIC and pipes, SFMU, HKS SSQV, 3" V-BAND downpipe from ATP, Zeitronix Wideband LCD displaying boost, egt and 02. *** SOLD and will be missed***

2006 gsxr 750- jardine gp1 exhaust, -1,+2 stealth sprockets, DID 525 chain, JD products pro TRE. 0-60 in a sneeze. ran a 10.8 avg 1/4 mile my first time to the track on street tires, stock swingarm and unstrapped.

Moderatorcs82685Jan-06-08 04:28 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#102394, "RE: AEM Wideband or Zeitronix ZT-2 ?"
In response to Reply # 7
Jan-06-08 04:29 PM by cs82685

Originally posted by rettez
Ok. the better way is the Zeitronix Zt-2 how much the Zeitronix $$$ ? and Where can I buy it? Because on eBay i can't find the Zeitronix !! Thanks to all for your replies! Cheers! P.D. Happy New year!!

you can buy direct from zeitronix.com

I got my basic setup from there, then got my boost sensor and display from ttp-engineering.com and their service was very quick. I don't think you can go wrong with either but I do believe ttp is a little bit cheaper than zeitronix

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

rettezJan-06-08 04:33 PM
58 posts,
#102396, "RE: AEM Wideband or Zeitronix ZT-2 ?"
In response to Reply # 8

this is?

Zt-2 Wideband Controller and Datalogging System
Cut your tuning time in half!
Includes the Zt-2 Wideband Air/Fuel Ratio Meter, Wideband Oxygen Sensor, Sensor Harness, Signal Harness, PC Serial Cable, Datalogging Software, Installation Instructions and 2 pin EGT connector to retrofit your EGT probe. Made in the USA

$279 dlls

wow, very interesting, but, comes without gauges? because i don't see gauges on this product, or, how works it?
Thanks!!

I HATE SR20DE

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #102379 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic