Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #96533
View in threaded mode

Subject: "The talon is finally finished." 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
eclpsmoneypit95Sep-17-06 11:48 AM
Member since Mar 09th 2005
371 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#96533, "The talon is finally finished."
Sep-17-06 11:52 AM by eclpsmoneypit95

This is the car I bought. Some of you may remember seeing it in the F/S section a couple of months ago. I bought it and a spare 6 bolt and towed it home. The 7 bolt in the car was blown so I swapped in the other motor and now I drive it every day. Go me.

This is what it looked like when I went to pick it up:

And this is what it looks like now:

And for those that wanted to know what was wrong with the motor in the car when I bought it:

Specs:
97 Eagle Talon Tsi
91,xxx
ATX
6 bolt swap, rebuilt, BS removed with kiggly trans adapter
14b turbo w/ ported manifold, exhaust housing, and o2 housing
injen intake w/ K&N filter
3" Dp and 3" N1 knock-off catback
hard IC piping
Dropped on eibach pro-kits

And Mike, if you're reading this, thanks again for everything.

P.S. Im aware that the battery isnt tied down!

That blue car got me boobies once

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
dsmmythSep-17-06 12:01 PM
Member since Aug 24th 2004
1178 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#96534, "RE: The talon is finally finished."
In response to Reply # 0

Looks great! I'd love to make way with your DR side door handle btw. Lol.

1998 Eclipse GS

GS-T Axleback|CAI|OBX 4-1 Header|AF/X UDP|

Originally posted by Kaoz78
Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclpsmoneypit95Sep-17-06 05:39 PM
371 posts,
#96546, "RE: The talon is finally finished."
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by dsmmyth
Looks great! I'd love to make way with your DR side door handle btw. Lol.

You dont need a door handle! Just leave your window down. It'll be ok.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonSep-18-06 06:19 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#96547, "RE: The talon is finally finished."
In response to Reply # 2
Sep-18-06 06:20 AM by Star Turbo Talon

Nice Job Dave. I am jealous.

BurnBarfieldSep-19-06 06:46 PM
Member since Dec 27th 2005
65 posts,
#96572, "RE: The talon is finally finished."
In response to Reply # 3

Wow, I did not realize the pro kit was as low as it looks on your Talon.. about how many inches of wheel gap do you have?

BTW, the car looks great.

BlackMagicSep-19-06 06:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#96573, "RE: The talon is finally finished."
In response to Reply # 4

Looks very nice! You've gotta update your sig pic now!

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

ScreaminESep-20-06 04:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
#96581, "RE: The talon is finally finished."
In response to Reply # 5

Great job on getting it all together!

Is it a FWD or an AWD?

eclpsmoneypit95Sep-20-06 06:08 AM
371 posts,
#96584, "RE: The talon is finally finished."
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by ScreaminE
Great job on getting it all together! Is it a FWD or an AWD?

It's FWD and it gets great gas mileage. I was considering AWD but I borrowed my friends gsx and it was eatin' up fuel like crazy.

Top of the wheel to bottom of fender: 1" all around. The eibach prokits are an awesome lowering spring. And Im working on the sig pic, this is my fourth dsm and I only managed to get a pic of the first one I owned up there, lol.

orzechSep-20-06 12:44 PM
Member since Aug 07th 2003
597 posts,
#96590, "RE: The talon is finally finished."
In response to Reply # 7
Sep-20-06 12:44 PM by orzech

nice clean car. A few things, recirculate your BOV back into your intake... which means get rid of your apexi. Also, is that a complete 6 bolt swap or jsut a 1g head? good luck with the 4g63

EDIT: im stupid, jsut read your first post

ScreaminESep-20-06 06:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
#96591, "RE: The talon is finally finished."
In response to Reply # 8

Improper venting of the BOV is a NO NO

The hair on the back of my neck stands up when I see 90 percent of the cars on ebay have vented BOV's

eclpsmoneypit95Sep-21-06 05:44 AM
371 posts,
#96593, "RE: The talon is finally finished."
In response to Reply # 9
Sep-21-06 05:47 AM by eclpsmoneypit95

Originally posted by ScreaminE
Improper venting of the BOV is a NO NO The hair on the back of my neck stands up when I see 90 percent of the cars on ebay have vented BOV's

I bought it like that and Im not changing anything until I get the funds for it. First things first, trans flush and fluid change!

I know, I was dissapointed too when I went to Michigan to see the car and noticed all the little things the previous owner (not Schwabm, the guy before him) did wrong, including the lime green valve cover and ebay coilovers....

Originally posted by StarTurboTalon
Nice Job Dave. I am jealous.

Thanks, Terry. Now let me have your CF hood, lol. j/k

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #96533 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic