Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #93462
View in threaded mode

Subject: "New Project" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic
R34EclipseApr-08-06 07:59 AM
Member since Oct 01st 2005
706 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93462, "New Project"

got a new daily driver, picked it up for $800 running as it sits. needs some work but for the price what can you expect. Already got a new rear quarter in the process of putting it on, thats all thats holding it up from being painted. the rest of the stock bumpers are on the way, along with a new wing. I'll try to put pics up as I go...

DAY 1:

Got it cleaned up, put on the rear bumper, fixed the interior lights, and brake lights (fuses) Took out all the interior washed it, replaced it.

One week later:
2Gb front bumper, stock headlights, stock fenders, stock rear (waiting on the 98 rear) stock sideskirts are on the way, removed the rear wing, wet sanded the wal-mart primer the previous owner used, buffed out the red, got matching wheels, adjusted it to sit level all the way around. Flat blacked the engine bay, put bolts in all the empy spots, new brakes, new hatch struts...

-----------------------------------
97 RS-T, STAR Stage 2, HAHN FMIC, Decah Lambo Doors, 19" Axis Hiros, Built 420a

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
EclipseSixApr-08-06 08:10 AM
Member since Jan 27th 2004
305 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93463, "RE: New Project"
In response to Reply # 0

Damn man, what a deal for 800 dollars. Some people just don't realize what the possibilities are with a little hard work and time. Nice job, can't wait to see how it turns out in the future. What are your plans for it??

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

R34EclipseApr-08-06 08:16 AM
706 posts,
#93464, "RE: New Project"
In response to Reply # 1

just gonna make it look like a stock 99 turbo, bumpers sides and door caps are on the way, turbo wing ships out monday, lookin for a stock gst axleback, smoked corners coming, got a rear 1/4 section of an eclipse pulling the panel off it and swaping with my crushed one, then painting, maybe some kat skinz covers if i can't get stock seats

saikouApr-08-06 11:20 AM
Member since Nov 24th 2005
454 posts,
#93470, "RE: New Project"
In response to Reply # 2

She's coming along; keep us updated.
I'm sure glad someone out there is rescueing these poor cars from horrible owners.

DanKidApr-08-06 01:48 PM
Member since Oct 29th 2004
480 posts,
#93472, "RE: New Project"
In response to Reply # 3

Not bad for $800. Some people just get tired of their cars and sell them dirt cheap. I went to pick up a rear bumper of a guy that was selling it locally and he told me that he got rid of his 95 GSX two weeks ago for only $500 after crashing it. He said all the car needed was a new bumper, fender and tranny. Had I spoken to him two weeks ago I would have had a GSX sitting in my yard right now.

saikouApr-08-06 03:45 PM
454 posts,
#93475, "RE: New Project"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by DanKid
Some people just get tired of their cars and sell them dirt cheap.

I'm talking about the kit and fenders that were on it.

DanKidApr-09-06 05:07 AM
Member since Oct 29th 2004
480 posts,
#93478, "RE: New Project"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by saikou
Originally posted by DanKid Some people just get tired of their cars and sell them dirt cheap.

Yeah, I know. And I made that comment in regards to the experience that I just had a few days ago which I wrote about right afterwards. Guy sold his GSX dirt cheap after putting thousands into it.

lild14Apr-09-06 05:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#93479, "RE: New Project"
In response to Reply # 6

awesome man! this is what ill be doing once im out of college and get my career going. saving 2gnts cant wait to see the final outcome bro!

=Dan=

98rs eclipse- Mods: BC2, C/F hood, custom turbo system consisting of a PTE SC50, turbosmart ultra gate (10psi), star FMIC and pipes, SFMU, HKS SSQV, 3" V-BAND downpipe from ATP, Zeitronix Wideband LCD displaying boost, egt and 02. *** SOLD and will be missed***

2006 gsxr 750- jardine gp1 exhaust, -1,+2 stealth sprockets, DID 525 chain, JD products pro TRE. 0-60 in a sneeze. ran a 10.8 avg 1/4 mile my first time to the track on street tires, stock swingarm and unstrapped.

saikouApr-09-06 07:55 AM
454 posts,
#93480, "RE: New Project"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by DanKid
Originally posted by saikou
Originally posted by DanKid Some people just get tired of their cars and sell them dirt cheap.
Yeah, I know. And I made that comment in regards to the experience that I just had a few days ago which I wrote about right afterwards. Guy sold his GSX dirt cheap after putting thousands into it.

Ooooh.
My bad.

R34EclipseApr-18-06 04:14 PM
706 posts,
#93687, "RE: New Project"
In response to Reply # 8

A few updated pics.....

optikalApr-18-06 04:45 PM
Member since Jun 23rd 2002
1062 posts,
#93689, "RE: New Project"
In response to Reply # 9

MUCH nicer than it was before! Looks good man.

-eric stratton
Kustom Auto Koatings
North East, Md
443-528-8007
http://www.kustomautokoatings.com

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #93462 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic