Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #91761
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..." 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic
cyanJan-11-06 02:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#91761, "Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."

over the past 7 years i've had 6 different front bumpers on my car, most of which i loved at the time. most recently (when i totalled the car) i had the sensei on it, and replaced it with a bomex....which i promptly removed and sent back when i saw how long it was in the front. so now i have a dilemma...for the first time i'm shpping for a new bumper, and nothing appeals to me.

i've owned the following, in order:

- erebuni shogun (invader) 1998-1999
- buddy club (had one specially made before they were actually sold, using rick (raizin's) mold. 1999
- blitz (had this one back in 99-00 before the movie came out)
- drift (had it for a few days, then took it off) 2000
- sensei 2001
- bomex 2004

the only one of those i would consider getting again is the sensei...
are there any new kits being developed that anyone knows about, that arent available yet? i could wait a few months if necessary. looking at vis, wholehyper, etc, i don't see anything that wasn't already available 2 years ago....where are the new designs?

i might have to go with a stock 97-up bumper...this sucks.

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
BlizareJan-11-06 03:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#91763, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 0

buddy club 2 is the only kit I actually like besides....uhhh....stock

Why don't you take a bumper you have and modify it?

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

totaleclipse_05Jan-11-06 03:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#91764, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by cyan
i might have to go with a stock 97-up bumper...this sucks.

What's wrong with that one?

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DR1665
You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

VOTBLINDUBJan-11-06 03:41 PM
Member since Dec 29th 2003
403 posts,
#91765, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 2

2Gb bumper works just great for me, i dont like any others

I just wish my car was as fast as it was loud. people tell me i should use my sub to push it, it might go faster.

EvMan2345Jan-11-06 06:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
#91768, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 3

stillen! even though its kinda mild for your car, and the fact that its getting kinda played out. If not, then get a bumper and use that along with a custom creation to it to make something different.

Evan B
92 TSI
97 GS- sold
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

sonikbewmJan-12-06 03:53 AM
Member since Dec 01st 2001
4011 posts,
#91772, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 4

stock or buddy club 2

Jason
'11 Ford Mustang GT/CS
'11 Ford Mustang V6 6-Speed (SOLD)
'04 Nissan 350z Touring (SOLD)
'95 Turbo Eclipse GS (SOLD and will be missed)
'90 Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

BumpinTalonJan-12-06 06:16 AM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
#91775, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 5

import a Japanese front bumper for a different car and mod it to fit on your Eclipse... C-west makes some crazy bumpers, so does Ings, but they are expensive. http://www.japanparts.com/ is probably not the greatest place to buy from but they have a lot of different kits for different cars.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

Ryan_HesJan-12-06 07:10 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#91776, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 6

I'm a big fan of the BC2, Stillen, OEM 97-99, and R32 front bumpers, respectively.

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

CustomGSJan-12-06 07:39 AM
Member since Jul 15th 2004
668 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#91777, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 7

Im going with stillen on mine in a few weeks. If its looks good on mine, it will look good on yours. Drift really isnt bad either.

Chris
---------------------------------------

98 Eclipse GS 5 spd- sold
95 Camaro Z28
64.5 Mustang 302 3spd

Originally posted by DR1665
Sometimes, you don't need to pull away to win. You just need to show them they have nowhere to run.

Originally posted by Nine5eclipse03
No, but one time i tried to pee over a car, and pooped my pants.

AggressionJan-12-06 08:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#91778, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 8
Jan-12-06 08:00 AM by Aggression

Ahem...R34!!!

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi
- 97 eclipse gs (289whp w/ 276tq)

eclipse982nrRSTJan-12-06 10:05 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#91780, "RE: Damn, there are no good kits for our cars anymore..."
In response to Reply # 9

W I D E B O D Y !!!

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #91761 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic