Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #91432
View in threaded mode

Subject: "rear quarter panel install question" Previous topic | Next topic
420AdebtDec-22-05 07:17 AM
Member since Jun 20th 2005
257 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#91432, "rear quarter panel install question"

I have searched but I cant find exactly what I need to know.. I need to desperately replace my drivers side rear quarter panel and door...the door is easy, do I drill out the spot welds and get the window taken out or what, I am gonna take it out myself to save money but get it installed professionally but I would like to know what to do to help the guys putting it in to save time and money thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
BlizareDec-22-05 07:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#91433, "RE: rear quarter panel install question"
In response to Reply # 0

Meh.

I don't think you want to do this job yourself. The rear qtr is a major pain in the ass. You pretty much have to cut it out

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

VOTBLINDUBDec-22-05 08:00 AM
Member since Dec 29th 2003
403 posts,
#91435, "RE: rear quarter panel install question"
In response to Reply # 1

yea, our cars werent designed for taking apart so easily. the previous post is right. theres goin to be cutting and welding envolved. take it to a shop if you cant do all those properly

I just wish my car was as fast as it was loud. people tell me i should use my sub to push it, it might go faster.

optikalDec-22-05 12:04 PM
Member since Jun 23rd 2002
1062 posts,
#91445, "RE: rear quarter panel install question"
In response to Reply # 0

taking the panel off yourself isn't really going to save you that much money. besides, the body man putting the panel on would most likely prefer to take it off as well.

-eric stratton
Kustom Auto Koatings
North East, Md
443-528-8007
http://www.kustomautokoatings.com

Ryan_HesDec-29-05 02:57 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#91549, "RE: rear quarter panel install question"
In response to Reply # 3

Leave the rear quarter panel to a shop, anything else do yourself. That rear quarter panel IS part of the frame and doesn't come off easily.

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

95_ESi_PersonDec-29-05 06:19 PM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#91550, "RE: rear quarter panel install question"
In response to Reply # 4
Dec-29-05 06:20 PM by 95_ESi_Person

Originally posted by Ryan_Hes
Leave the rear quarter panel to a shop, anything else do yourself. That rear quarter panel IS part of the frame and doesn't come off easily.

Exactly why I'll be going to a body shop for that, and that only!

-I'm no stranger to paint!

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #91432 Previous topic | Next topic