Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #58283
View in threaded mode

Subject: "reading lamp bulbs" Previous topic | Next topic
distortSep-27-03 09:17 PM
Member since Jan 16th 2003
675 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#58283, "reading lamp bulbs"

where can i find the 2 light bulbs that go in the rearview mirror? im looking for cyber whites or blue colored bulbs but cant find any. i found a couple but thye were shaped diff and were cheap and burned out on me already. i bought blue sleeves for the bulbs that came in them but it causes them to smoke now so i figure i need to just find a good quality replacement =P.

96 Eclipse GS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
ShockeclipseSep-27-03 09:21 PM
Member since May 18th 2003
2139 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#58285, "RE: reading lamp bulbs"
In response to Reply # 0

http://autolumination.com/dome_festoon.html
Looking for something like this^^

"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war; our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very , very pissed off"

Originally posted by turbo8u
every time i get in it and start it up im like 'oh...yea, you know why you just started right there bitch? because i built you...yea...you like it dont you, yea and you're about to take this boost like a bitch too arent you

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

invaznGSTSep-27-03 10:23 PM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
3897 posts,
#58286, "RE: reading lamp bulbs"
In response to Reply # 1

i use the blue sleeves too..they are good imo. I had ones that were painted or colored glass..faded in a few weeks.. the sleeves burned at first and then they stopped. I dunno i bought mine from autozone.. looks good to me.

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

distortSep-28-03 05:49 AM
675 posts,
#58299, "RE: reading lamp bulbs"
In response to Reply # 2

im looking for the larger ones. that size too tho for my trunk. so they do stop burning after awhile? it just is dark to me with the sleeves on but the reason i was looking for bulbs is becuase it keeps smoking and smelling burnt. i have the blue sleeves on both of them and the floors and other places i have xenon cyberwhites. the sleeves are from the xenon co. too.

96 Eclipse GS

wickedtalonSep-29-03 04:16 AM
Member since Jan 04th 2002
978 posts,
#58400, "RE: reading lamp bulbs"
In response to Reply # 3

Or you can get them cheaper here

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=CAR&keywords=&cart_id=2419203.4667&next=50

// Jim // 95 Talon / 99 Eclipse (sold)

Cincinnati,OH

invaznGSTSep-29-03 06:23 AM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
3897 posts,
#58407, "RE: reading lamp bulbs"
In response to Reply # 4

mine burnt for just awhile.. but now they dont burn at all..maybe leave your door open and let it burn and watch it.. just take that plastic piece off first so you can see if it starts a fire.. if it starts to actually catch on fire shut your door and blow it out..but mine just smoked.. the rubber was just getting use to the light.. now it's fine.

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

MCubed45Sep-29-03 04:19 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#58457, "RE: reading lamp bulbs"
In response to Reply # 5
Sep-29-03 04:21 PM by MCubed45

dude stop messing with those sleeves or bulb condoms or whatever. they don't work. they fade and look like crap. just get some LED's. they make LED's in almost every bulb size now. i order mine from www.autolumination.com pay the extra and get LED's not incandescant painted bulb crap. LED's give you a brighter color, don't fade, and don't get hot (they draw less current too). i've got some in my dome lights and in the footwells. 100x better than the painted ones i've had before. ask anyone who's used LED's and they'll tell you the same.

oh and the best part is LED's won't set your car on fire

-marc

='95 RS 5spd Red=
Matrix TypeX CAI
A'pexi Turbo N1
Nakayama GT5 17's
Ractive STB
GSX Calipers
AEM 12.5" X-Drilled/Slotted Rotors

255 is fricken short

distortSep-29-03 04:33 PM
675 posts,
#58463, "RE: reading lamp bulbs"
In response to Reply # 6

well i really like my xenon cyber whites for my floor and glove comp, they are crystal clear white. but i do need something like that for my trunk and for my dome so ill prolly be buying those leds. thanks for the info. all i need now is some amber bulbs for my corner lights mine are out and im getting clear corners. the sleeves arent burning anymore i dont think. they are a nice blue color but if they fade they gotta go.

96 Eclipse GS

jerseystyle1Oct-01-03 02:47 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
3135 posts,
#58632, "RE: reading lamp bulbs"
In response to Reply # 7

I have the blue LED's in my rear view mirror and they are awesome.

Allan
2008 Magnetic Black 350z NISMO /1976 Austin Mini 1098 Special (export)

Member# 1980

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #58283 Previous topic | Next topic