Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #50842
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Soddering Anode and Cathode" Previous topic | Next topic
csmakioJun-18-03 10:47 AM
Member since Jun 18th 2003
412 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50842, "Soddering Anode and Cathode"

Hey guys, I bought a reverse indiglo gauges for my car and I get everything up until connecting the two remaining wires to the Anode and Cathode. How do I find out what the anode and cathode is and how do I connect them, any way besides soddering?

thanks guys
later
nick

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
a_miller_76Jun-18-03 10:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50843, "RE: Soddering Anode and Cathode"
In response to Reply # 0

Anode is positive and cathode is ground. There's a black with green strip wire in the harness in the kick panel drivers side. Positve to that, ground to the car.

Solder....not sodder

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

csmakioJun-18-03 01:09 PM
Member since Jun 18th 2003
412 posts,
#50857, "RE: Soddering Anode and Cathode"
In response to Reply # 1

i got it working, hey dude one problem

it WASNT the black cable with green stripe

it WAS the green cable with white stripe

dude you told me wrong cable

haha dont matter you helped me alot thanks bro

nick

a_miller_76Jun-19-03 02:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#50884, "RE: Soddering Anode and Cathode"
In response to Reply # 2

>i got it working, hey dude one problem
>
>it WASNT the black cable with green stripe
>
>it WAS the green cable with white stripe
>
>dude you told me wrong cable
>
>haha dont matter you helped me alot thanks bro
>
>
>nick

Oops, sorry

TeamDR1665Jun-19-03 07:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#50892, "RE: Soddering Anode and Cathode"
In response to Reply # 3

Why would they call them cathode/anode in user instructions? Does your typical Mopar techincian know what they mean? Why not just the usual pos/neg? Maybe they're trying to legitimize indiglos by making them sound more technical these days.

Glad to hear you're up and running mang!

I used to remember the anode/cathode polarity thing this way:

Cathode = like Catheter, which is bad, therefore negative. The rest is elimination!

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #50842 Previous topic | Next topic