Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #47552
View in threaded mode

Subject: "gas door pics..." Previous topic | Next topic
distortMay-14-03 11:19 AM
Member since Jan 16th 2003
675 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47552, "gas door pics..."

does anyone have any pics or can take one of the inside of their gas door? mine no longer works and i just need to see what im missing or whats wrong with mine. i know i ahve no spring but it pushes in really far so i dont know if something else is out of place or broke. or can anyone describe it to me? i appreciate any help..

96 Eclipse GS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
WtngclanMay-14-03 11:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47556, "RE: gas door pics..."
In response to Reply # 0

theres a metal clipy thingy on the door you might need to bend it out more

Another BANNED asshole.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SavageGimpMay-14-03 10:04 PM
Member since Dec 27th 2001
107 posts,
#47609, "RE: gas door pics..."
In response to Reply # 0

I dont have a pic but this happened to me before there was actually a little metal clip resting inside of the gas door which had fallen off. Just look for that or maybe you can get a new one from the junkyard??

Ben

WtngclanMay-15-03 02:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
938 posts,
#47613, "RE: gas door pics..."
In response to Reply # 2

well if you need a new one come talk to me .. charlier@cdtech2003.com

Another BANNED asshole.

juggaloMay-15-03 09:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
#47627, "RE: gas door pics..."
In response to Reply # 0

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

distortMay-15-03 10:16 AM
675 posts,
#47630, "RE: gas door pics..."
In response to Reply # 4

thanks everyone. i think the rubber piece to the side of mine is missing that one part sticking out in the center of it and i dont see a spring or anything. i have a small metal clip on the corner but i dont know if its fully together or not.

96 Eclipse GS

GShocka04May-17-03 06:18 PM
Member since Nov 11th 2002
189 posts,
#47818, "RE: gas door pics..."
In response to Reply # 5

hey, im also havin a problem with this, i bent out the metal clip thing and now it locks but when i try to open it from inside my car, it doesnt open, the only way u can get it to open is if u have one person inside holding the switch while the other person opens the gas door, is there something that is supposed to make it pop out when i hit the switch that i could be missing?

distortMay-17-03 08:53 PM
675 posts,
#47823, "RE: gas door pics..."
In response to Reply # 6

well if you figure it out tell me cuz i havent and its been months but hopefully ill figure it out in another week im buying all the pieces off someone and seeing what i can do

96 Eclipse GS

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #47552 Previous topic | Next topic