Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #43118
View in threaded mode

Subject: "blue interior LEDs" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
silvreclipsersMar-21-03 05:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1756 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#43118, "blue interior LEDs"

can someone help me out with some info on installing the blue LEDs for my interior, like part #'s and sites for the install. When I do a search I get a lot of threads that have nothing to do with what I'm looking for, thanks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
OZ_GSMar-21-03 07:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1067 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#43126, "RE: blue interior LEDs"
In response to Reply # 0

Hey Man...

Search on *HVAC color change*...use the advaced search option and check the "and" option. Found lots of good hits. I am looking at getting the stuff today aswell. Your post kinda reminded me...

Chad

MODS:
3" PVC CAI, GST Muffler, Greddy 4-1 Header, AFX UDP, 55 mm bored TB, P&P Intake Manifold, Corbin intake spacer, gutted cat, Apexi S-AFC, KYB AGX Struts, Eibach Prokits, Excel TZ-10 Rims

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MCubed45Mar-21-03 08:38 AM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#43136, "RE: blue interior LEDs"
In response to Reply # 1

what're you tryna do specifically? if you're just doin HVAC then yea just follow the writeup. if you're tryna do other stuff, lemme know. i've done a bunch've lighting stuff. as far as part #'s you're just looking for blue LED's.. you can find 'em on ebay pretty cheap. just search for "5mm blue LED" unless you need smaller, then look for "3mm". check the mcd ratings. that's basically how bright they are. 1000+ is usually pretty good. besides that, ya just need a bunch've resistors (one per LED). i think 330 ohm was the one most people use. if you use a lower resistance your lights'll be brighter but they'll burn out faster. electrical stuff's not that hard. lemme know what you're tryna do

-marc

='95 RS 5spd Red=
CAI
A'pexi N1
Hanabi 8000k HID
SPAL Deluxe Power Windows
Nakayama GT5 17's
GSX Calipers
AEM Rotors

255 is fricken short

nappyjimMar-21-03 09:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
8043 posts,
#43142, "RE: blue interior LEDs"
In response to Reply # 2

dood...get VARAD leds. These are SOOO much brighter than the other pos ones u find on ebay. They cost a lil more...not much....but are WELL worth it. You can find these on ebay. or do a search on Yahoo for Varad LED's.

When i was changing my hvac i used some ones i bought from radio shack and the lighting was so dim it looked horrible. Bought some varad's and now shit is nice n bright. Also varads already come with the resistors n shit alread on em...which is nice.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
home.comcast.net/~nappyjim/songs.html
home.comcast.net/~7291834avi/carputer/carputer.html
www.cardomain.com/id/napppyjim

*Proud Member of the Top Ten Post Whore Club*
*Proud And Co-Founding Member Of The Zoom Zoom Revolution*
nappyjim-3 Chip-0
No one likes you chip, go away.

OZ_GSMar-21-03 09:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1067 posts,
#43145, "RE: blue interior LEDs"
In response to Reply # 3

does anyone know what the MCD is on the Varad LEDs???

The only reason I ask is because I can get some pretty inexpensive ones here at an electronics shop for like $2.50. The MCD on these is 3500. Not sure if I shoul go ahead with these or not.

Chad

MODS:
3" PVC CAI, GST Muffler, Greddy 4-1 Header, AFX UDP, 55 mm bored TB, P&P Intake Manifold, Corbin intake spacer, gutted cat, Apexi S-AFC, KYB AGX Struts, Eibach Prokits, Excel TZ-10 Rims

nappyjimMar-21-03 10:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
8043 posts,
#43147, "RE: blue interior LEDs"
In response to Reply # 4

ehh dunno the mcd. heres the ones i used and they are great. OZ...u might wanna ask the seller to look and see what the MCD is.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3013504336&category=20334

nappyjim-3 Chip-0

SquidMar-21-03 11:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
927 posts,
#43154, "RE: blue interior LEDs"
In response to Reply # 5

3500 MCD would be sufficient, but the brighter the better. For HVAC you need a T-1 3/4 (5mm). However all the swtiches use a T-1 (3mm) size bulb. I used a bunch of T-1 blue LEDs I ordered from DigiKey.com. I've seen some other sites that offer brighter ones though. You can use T-1 3/4 in most of the switches, but it can be a pain trying to make them fit so go with T-1 if you can get them.

Sorry for the poor quality picture. I need a tripod to take night shots since the exposure needs to be longer.

-J

iamnotwhoiamMar-21-03 11:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#43156, "RE: blue interior LEDs"
In response to Reply # 0

not really the same project, but close enough as it should list the leds needed for swapping out regular interior lit stuff in the car..

http://www.iamnotwhoiam.net/photoalbum/cars/jason/projects/Dash-lights/Led-Gauge-Cluster/led-gagues-writeup.html

radioshack part #276-316

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F010%5F012%5F002%5F009&product%5Fid=276%2D316

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

MCubed45Mar-21-03 02:19 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#43183, "RE: blue interior LEDs"
In response to Reply # 7

ya i wanna know the MCD rating on varad LEDs as well. right now i've used all varads but they're umm... expensive. local shop keeps charing $30 for a set of 4. damn rip off. i found a site online that sells 5mm 6000mcd bulbs for $4 a piece. not bad... just wanna get an idea of how that compares to the varad's ive got b/c they're pretty bright.

-marc

='95 RS 5spd Red=
CAI
A'pexi N1
Hanabi 8000k HID
SPAL Deluxe Power Windows
Nakayama GT5 17's
GSX Calipers
AEM Rotors

255 is fricken short

nappyjimMar-21-03 02:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
8043 posts,
#43187, "RE: blue interior LEDs"
In response to Reply # 8

dood 30 dollars for a set of 4? ur fuckin insane. U can get em off ebay for like 15. Or search Yahoo, "Varad leds" . i just found 4 online stores sellin a set of 4 for 12 dollars.

nappyjim-3 Chip-0

silvreclipsersMar-21-03 02:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1756 posts,
#43193, "RE: blue interior LEDs"
In response to Reply # 9

thanks guys, I'm going to buy the Varad LEDs, I also found a site that sells a pack of 4 for $12

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #43118 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic