Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 6 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #351
View in threaded mode

Subject: "not sure what category to post this in but... "airbag removal question"" Previous topic | Next topic
cyanDec-15-00 05:03 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#351, "not sure what category to post this in but... "airbag removal question""

its a safety thing so either performance or interior but anyway has anyone removed theirs? i know how but i just want a second person to confer with to make sure i dont make a costly mistake. i got a steering wheel to install, plus i could use the 500-700 bucks the damn things rake in on ebay. someone post or email me with some directions to remove them. if i dont get any replies, i will post the instructions i have for doing it in case anyone else needs to know.

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
TeamMichael_97RSDec-18-00 10:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#352, "RE: not sure what category to post this in but... "airbag removal question""
In response to Reply # 0

My only suggestion fo rthis is to disconnect the battery. I don't disconnect it for any repair but I would for this. You really don't want to set this thing off.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorEvuLFleADec-18-00 11:07 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#353, "RE: not sure what category to post this in but... "airbag removal question""
In response to Reply # 1

I havnt seen too many airbags for eclipses go for more than $150. Mine went off and I havn't replaced and so thats the only reason that I would know this!!

Jeff Stillwell
1998 Mitsubishi
Eclipse RS
ICQ #2199879 - add me!!

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

cyanDec-19-00 03:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#354, "RE: not sure what category to post this in but... "airbag removal question""
In response to Reply # 2

yeha i know they havent been doing well on ebay. i think its because no one knows how much it actually costs to replace airbags until theirs deploy on them. if they knew it would be $1400 to replace both bags they would probably jump all over a pair of them on ebay as a precaution. but either way i gotta remove them to install my steering wheels

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #351 Previous topic | Next topic