Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #102059
View in threaded mode

Subject: "I fucked up my car..." Previous topic | Next topic
adamztyOct-18-08 11:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
219 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102059, "I fucked up my car..."

I was backing out of the garage to wash my car...I had the car door open, and it hit the basketball hoop and bent it back. the door is all bent up, the fender is all bent up, and the door wont close. Took it to the auto body guy and he gave me a estimate of $1050 to fix it without repainting the salvage door or $1450 to repaint the salvage door. I hope the salvage door looks good enough so he wont have to repaint it. So there goes at least a grand...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
420agreenvilleSCOct-18-08 01:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102060, "RE: I fucked up my car..."
In response to Reply # 0

thats totally awesome. its only money man lol

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

djtrickeeOct-18-08 02:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#102061, "RE: I fucked up my car..."
In response to Reply # 1

Or you could get a new door, new fender, new hinges from a junker/ WTB section/ Part out, and fix it yourself...

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Car_guy_09Oct-18-08 02:55 PM
Member since Apr 27th 2008
14 posts,
#102062, "RE: I fucked up my car..."
In response to Reply # 2

Good job....

Haha jk That sucks man.

Hahn stage 2,
s20g,
FMIC,
Built bottom end,
Slowboy stage 3 head,
272's,
Full 3'' exhaust,
Some other random stuff,
10psi Through the auto tranny ridin on 19's.
http://www.4freeimagehost.com>

adamztyOct-18-08 08:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
219 posts,
#102063, "RE: I fucked up my car..."
In response to Reply # 2

I didnt see anyone parting out a black door and fender...

Labor is the expensive part, so I might see if I can do it myself but I dont know where I would get the stuff. He is estimating 3 hours for fender install, 2 hours for the door install, and 3 hours for the hinge pillar repair. I think I could install the fender and door myself, but I am not sure about the hinge pillar repair.

I would try to do it myself if I could get the parts...I might try to talk to him and see if I could do some of it myself and have him do the rest. I might save a couple hundred that way...

ModeratortekleinOct-19-08 10:43 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#102064, "RE: I fucked up my car..."
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by adamzty
I didnt see anyone parting out a black door and fender... Labor is the expensive part, so I might see if I can do it myself but I dont know where I would get the stuff. He is estimating 3 hours for fender install, 2 hours for the door install, and 3 hours for the hinge pillar repair. I think I could install the fender and door myself, but I am not sure about the hinge pillar repair. I would try to do it myself if I could get the parts...I might try to talk to him and see if I could do some of it myself and have him do the rest. I might save a couple hundred that way...

If you have full coverage you could file it with insurance... I mean you would have to pay your deductible, but thats a last resort option.

adamztyOct-19-08 11:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
219 posts,
#102065, "RE: I fucked up my car..."
In response to Reply # 5

yes I have full coverage, but I really don't want insurance to know about it. If I did use insurance, it would be on my record forever. And the insurance rates would go up so it would most likely end up costing me more if I used insurance.

Why the hell am I paying $200 extra for full coverage if I wont use it..fuck that I am dropping full coverage and use the savings from that to help pay for it, lol.

ModeratortekleinOct-20-08 02:27 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#102066, "RE: I fucked up my car..."
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by adamzty
yes I have full coverage, but I really don't want insurance to know about it. If I did use insurance, it would be on my record forever. And the insurance rates would go up so it would most likely end up costing me more if I used insurance. Why the hell am I paying $200 extra for full coverage if I wont use it..fuck that I am dropping full coverage and use the savings from that to help pay for it, lol.

So if you run into something like you just did you would be covered.

Your very accident prone so far, id just keep the full coverage.

dsmtuner1Oct-20-08 06:48 AM
Member since Jul 03rd 2006
245 posts,
#102067, "RE: I fucked up my car..."
In response to Reply # 7

um make a claim, use the full coverage and then drop it before the rates go up.

2 sets of injectors is better than 1 =)

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #102059 Previous topic | Next topic