Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #100177
View in threaded mode

Subject: "no door chime/interior dome light" Previous topic | Next topic
HedgeDec-02-07 04:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
182 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#100177, "no door chime/interior dome light"

hey. this has been a problem sence i bought he car, but never really bothered me, but now ive got some free time i thought id ask about it. Ive got a 1997 talon esi, and then ever the passenger, or driver door is open i dont get that door chime, the dome light doesnt come on, and i dont have the Door open light on the dash, there arnt any fuses blown, although i dont think its on a sepertate fuse. the dome light works when i turn it on manually. Do you guys have any idea what i should look for? thanks.

Thank you mobil one for rust proofing my driveway.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
red96rsDec-02-07 05:25 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2007
132 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#100178, "RE: no door chime/interior dome light"
In response to Reply # 0

On the lower side of the door jam (torwads the rear of the door) there should be a little push button switch thingy. if not there will be a hole in the door jam. eathier way, this little button thingy is what activates the chime/light. (door closes, pushes switch in, breaks the electrical path to the light/chime, so it shuts off.) there is a little plug on the back, check to make sure its plugged in. i personally disconnected the plug on the back of mine because its (the chime thing) annoying as shit, but its just as easy to plug it back in if thats whats wrong.

** Current status: 9 bent valves. and it only had 6,000 miles on it. i hope the replacement goes well. **

Lots of expensive parts, and still slow! Oh wait, it has to run to go fast.

My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=red96rs>

from 2g chat
* DarkOne joins 2GNT_Chat
‹DarkOne› .
‹DarkOne› wow... i'm drunk
‹DarkOne› at 9am.
‹DarkOne› on a saturday.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

justins71Dec-03-07 04:43 AM
Member since Oct 25th 2007
466 posts,
#100179, "RE: no door chime/interior dome light"
In response to Reply # 1

I have that issue at times, the jamb switch is goin bad, or the rubber cap gets off-set keeping it down. There's a fuse on that circuit, also.

/>

'95 GS w/ t3/t4b
FMIC, diy piping & RFL BOV
MS2-Extra Fuel&Spark
50 lb/hr Holley injectors w/ 1:1 RRFPR
JE 8.8:1 dish w/ Hastings Rings
Eagle Rods w/ ARP bolts
ARP Head studs
Mild port/polish head
3" custom DP/cat section, 3" PIT catback
dual MBC - 12 psi / 20psi

edxmonDec-03-07 06:46 AM
Member since Jul 26th 2005
1006 posts,
#100180, "RE: no door chime/interior dome light"
In response to Reply # 2
Dec-03-07 06:47 AM by edxmon

that or you could just have the "dome light off" button pressed when the door is open. I only get the chime when the key is in the ignition or the headlights/markers are on.

P.S. Just in case, that button I speak of is on of the ones on the dome light.

Originally posted by turbo8u
his girl kept looking out and down my car like uh ok we're in this 100 whatever thousand dollar car and that little whatever it is just raped us.... turbo screamed past the window like a vortex of ownage :-P robbing his engine of all the air around, and thats how i like it

Originally posted by ez
I came across a huge sack of walnuts in my grandmas garage - I better make use of them.

I contributed to the wiki! My Page: edxmon

HedgeDec-04-07 07:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
182 posts,
#100193, "RE: no door chime/interior dome light"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by edxmon
that or you could just have the "dome light off" button pressed when the door is open. I only get the chime when the key is in the ignition or the headlights/markers are on. P.S. Just in case, that button I speak of is on of the ones on the dome light.

I dont even get a chime when the headlights are left on and the car is off, so it might be ther fuse. Come to think of it, i dont get a chime any time, so ill look for the fuse.

red96rsDec-04-07 07:55 AM
Member since Jun 09th 2007
132 posts,
#100194, "RE: no door chime/interior dome light"
In response to Reply # 4

OR, someone found that annoying ass speaker or whatever the hell it is, and ripped it out? im going on a mission to locate and remove mine once i have a garage, so i can get my lights to come on when the door opens w/o the noise.

** Current status: 9 bent valves. and it only had 6,000 miles on it. i hope the replacement goes well. **

Lots of expensive parts, and still slow! Oh wait, it has to run to go fast.

My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=red96rs>

from 2g chat
* DarkOne joins 2GNT_Chat
‹DarkOne› .
‹DarkOne› wow... i'm drunk
‹DarkOne› at 9am.
‹DarkOne› on a saturday.

2GeclipseRSDec-04-07 12:24 PM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
#100195, "RE: no door chime/interior dome light"
In response to Reply # 5

You and me both.

I hate that mother f***er!

Goodnight sweetheart...yes its time to go...bum bum bum bum bum...good night sweetheart yes I am one little a$$hole......bum bum bum bum....

HedgeDec-05-07 11:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
182 posts,
#100201, "RE: no door chime/interior dome light"
In response to Reply # 6

where abouts is the little push button that turns the lights/chime off when the door is closed, i couldnt find at all

azdaveDec-05-07 12:20 PM
Member since Nov 25th 2003
694 posts,
#100202, "RE: no door chime/interior dome light"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by Hedge
where abouts is the little push button that turns the lights/chime off when the door is closed, i couldnt find at all

The door switch is on the bottom rear corner of each door jamb opening attached to the chassis. Usually has a little black rubber boot over it and is held in place with a single screw.

HedgeDec-07-07 09:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
182 posts,
#100220, "RE: no door chime/interior dome light"
In response to Reply # 8

I checked it out, still nothing. Ill have to look for the fuse.

justins71Dec-07-07 11:39 AM
Member since Oct 25th 2007
466 posts,
#100221, "RE: no door chime/interior dome light"
In response to Reply # 9

open your door, and it'll be on the bottom rear of the chassis section the door closes into, in the rear curved area. it's the only thing stickin' up along the whole bottom mating area.

/>

'95 GS w/ t3/t4b
FMIC, diy piping & RFL BOV
MS2-Extra Fuel&Spark
50 lb/hr Holley injectors w/ 1:1 RRFPR
JE 8.8:1 dish w/ Hastings Rings
Eagle Rods w/ ARP bolts
ARP Head studs
Mild port/polish head
3" custom DP/cat section, 3" PIT catback
dual MBC - 12 psi / 20psi

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #100177 Previous topic | Next topic