Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #104850
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Switched power wire thats not cig lighter" Previous topic | Next topic
rshisslerAug-18-10 04:29 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2008
172 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104850, "Switched power wire thats not cig lighter"

K i need a switched power wire that turns on when i turn the key on for my wideband. For some reason the wire on ym cd player (power ant.) is no not working right for me. It has power when the keys off and no power when you turn it on... im lost on that one. Next i have no power to my cig lighter. must be a break somewhere becuase i have power at the fuse box. I know theres a wire somewhere near the steerin column but i just dont know witch one. I was hoping someone could help me quick.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Ebster1085Aug-22-10 12:11 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2009
531 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104858, "RE: Switched power wire thats not cig lighter"
In response to Reply # 0

Just use the accessory power wire for the radio..

1999 Eclipse GS
Built motor
Hahn 16G Turbo w/ FMIC
Hahn Stage 5 Portfueler (270's & 500's)
Zeitronix Zt-2 wideband w/ 3.5bar MAP
3" SS Turbo Back
CM Stage 4 Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel
Baer Big Brake Kit

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Slo2gAug-22-10 12:53 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#104859, "RE: Switched power wire thats not cig lighter"
In response to Reply # 1
Aug-22-10 12:55 PM by Slo2g

I would not use the accy wire for the radio, I would use the ignition wire on the column. Just for the reason that when you turn your car on the wideband will be heating up and when you turn the key to start the car it will have to start over and do the warm up sequence again and that if you just want the accy circuit on(like just listening to the radio then the wideband will be powered and on as well and that can lead to a shorter lifespan as well. Another benefit to doing it on the ignition column is that if you have a turbo timer it will still be powered when the turbo timer is active. If you dont do that and there is an unpowered O2 sensor in your exhaust stream it will wear prematurely. I can't remember what wire it is on the column that is the ignition off the top of my head but if you have a dvom it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #104850 Previous topic | Next topic