Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #80497
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Found a place that does CF hatches for 375.00" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
DJ420aJan-17-05 05:26 PM
Member since May 19th 2004
1219 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80497, "Found a place that does CF hatches for 375.00"

Let me get a few more things understood and I will let you guys know where I found it. I definitley stand behind this guy. Ive seen his work, at his shop. Ive never seen anybody work CF like him. Actually the guy that has the Carbonwerks website uses his shop in the winter, lol.

I'll keep you posted, when I here something.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
lrseclipseJan-18-05 12:10 PM
Member since Jul 14th 2003
92 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80529, "RE: Found a place that does CF hatches for 375.00"
In response to Reply # 0

please do... im very interested... and ive actually heard of him through Leo the owner of Carbonwerks i believe

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

HipHop615Jan-18-05 01:41 PM
Member since Sep 14th 2003
2333 posts,
#80532, "RE: Found a place that does CF hatches for 375.00"
In response to Reply # 1

I think I am going to do another group buy on OEM CF Hoods and they will prob. be cheaper than $375 Shipped. I am still working on it though, its just a lil FYI

Turbo8u - "I've never heard so many BOV's in my life at once..." (At So. Cali Meet-Up Sep. 25th)

Parts 4 Sale:

ADR GT Sport White Rims w/ Ventus Tires - $400
VIS Xtreme GT CF Hood - $395 Shipped OBO
Urethane Blitz Rear (Painted OEM White) - $169 OBO
Pioneer 7" Motorized Screen In-Dash DVD Player W/ AVM-9000R Brain - $889 Shipped OBO (Will Do Payment Plan)
Sony CDX-444RF 10-CD Player - $100 Shipped OBO
Single 12" Sub Box - $15 OBO
95 Heater Core - $35 Shipped OBO
StreetGlow Stuff - $75 OBO

Parts I Want/Need:

Levoc Auto Shifter
Polished/Chromed Valve Cover

Just Ask Q's & Make Offers (IM IN SO. CALI) HipHop615@yahoo.com

lrseclipseJan-18-05 01:51 PM
92 posts,
#80535, "RE: Found a place that does CF hatches for 375.00"
In response to Reply # 2

a HATCH is different than a HOOD dude
FYI

HipHop615Jan-18-05 03:02 PM
Member since Sep 14th 2003
2333 posts,
#80538, "RE: Found a place that does CF hatches for 375.00"
In response to Reply # 3

Wow I so miss read that, sorry bout that "dude"

Turbo8u - "I've never heard so many BOV's in my life at once..." (At So. Cali Meet-Up Sep. 25th)

Parts 4 Sale:

ADR GT Sport White Rims w/ Ventus Tires - $400
VIS Xtreme GT CF Hood - $395 Shipped OBO
Urethane Blitz Rear (Painted OEM White) - $169 OBO
Pioneer 7" Motorized Screen In-Dash DVD Player W/ AVM-9000R Brain - $889 Shipped OBO (Will Do Payment Plan)
Sony CDX-444RF 10-CD Player - $100 Shipped OBO
Single 12" Sub Box - $15 OBO
95 Heater Core - $35 Shipped OBO
StreetGlow Stuff - $75 OBO

Parts I Want/Need:

Levoc Auto Shifter
Polished/Chromed Valve Cover

Just Ask Q's & Make Offers (IM IN SO. CALI) HipHop615@yahoo.com

DJ420aJan-18-05 04:04 PM
1219 posts,
#80540, "RE: Found a place that does CF hatches for 375.00"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by HipHop615
Wow I so miss read that, sorry bout that "dude" Turbo8u - "I've never heard so many BOV's in my life at once..." (At So. Cali Meet-Up Sep. 25th) Parts 4 Sale: ADR GT Sport White Rims w/ Ventus Tires - $400 VIS Xtreme GT CF Hood - $395 Shipped OBO Urethane Blitz Rear (Painted OEM White) - $169 OBO Pioneer 7" Motorized Screen In-Dash DVD Player W/ AVM-9000R Brain - $889 Shipped OBO (Will Do Payment Plan) Sony CDX-444RF 10-CD Player - $100 Shipped OBO Single 12" Sub Box - $15 OBO 95 Heater Core - $35 Shipped OBO StreetGlow Stuff - $75 OBO Parts I Want/Need: Levoc Auto Shifter Polished/Chromed Valve Cover Just Ask Q's & Make Offers (IM IN SO. CALI) HipHop615@yahoo.com

Haha, its all good. I emailed him back asking stuff like how the OEM glass fits, will it be safe as a daily driven hatch, etc.... When I get some answers I will throw them back to you guys. I know Im def buying one and one of his CF chin spoilers.

WarnerCJan-18-05 04:12 PM
Member since May 08th 2004
618 posts,
#80541, "RE: Found a place that does CF hatches for 375.00"
In response to Reply # 5

I dont think I 've ever seen an installed example, anyone have a pic or two?

Don't work for the system, Let the system work for you.

lrseclipseJan-18-05 05:03 PM
92 posts,
#80544, "RE: Found a place that does CF hatches for 375.00"
In response to Reply # 6

i'm pretty sure you'd have to use a Lexan rear window, which to be street legal has to be glued on and not riveted. thatd be awesome if it uses the stock glass, but that would really challenge the integrity of the carbon fiber, i dont think it's that strong... even change the shocks on your hatch? yeh that shit's HEAVY.
keep us all informed, i know ill DEFINATLY order one if you post up all the info
and DJ420a i wasnt trying to be sarcastic, sorry

chrysler kidJan-18-05 05:55 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
#80548, "RE: Found a place that does CF hatches for 375.00"
In response to Reply # 7

it wouldnt use stock glass, a guy on dsmtuners made his 2g track car completely out of carbon fiber.

there is also a link somewhere to a race chassis maker, you can basically buy an eclipse shell out of fiberglass and everything you need to make it look like an eclipse out of fiberglass. i think the doors would be the biggest weight reduction

11.65 @ 115

98starGSJan-20-05 01:19 PM
Member since Nov 11th 2003
528 posts,
#80608, "RE: Found a place that does CF hatches for 375.00"
In response to Reply # 8

i wouldn't mind seein that link for that fiberglass eclipse and as far as the hatch if there was a lexan option that would be sweet.

DJ420aJan-20-05 03:33 PM
1219 posts,
#80615, "RE: Found a place that does CF hatches for 375.00"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by 98starGS
i wouldn't mind seein that link for that fiberglass eclipse and as far as the hatch if there was a lexan option that would be sweet.

The Lexan would be sweet, but would it be legal and if not is Lexan easy for the cops to pick out?

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #80497 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic