Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #461
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Anyone know where i can get Silvia S15 Headlights?" Previous topic | Next topic
Thunderous_TalonDec-23-00 02:05 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1422 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#461, "Anyone know where i can get Silvia S15 Headlights?"

I've seen a conversion on our cars and the headlights are increadible looking, i saw a set at Wholesalehyperformance.com, but they want 1400$ for em. Any help would be appreciated thanx!

FKA: ESi_Guy

Original 15 of 2gnt.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Teameclipse804Dec-23-00 09:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#462, "RE: Anyone know where i can get Silvia S15 Headlights?"
In response to Reply # 0

1400 sounds like way too much for them. I heard you can get the whole front conversion kit for about that much? Maybe that price included the whole conversion for a 240 to become a Silvia front end? If you really want it, I can check to see if I can get it cheaper for you.

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://importdeals.homestead.com
Import Parts and Performance

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Thunderous_TalonDec-23-00 03:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1422 posts,
#463, "RE: Anyone know where i can get Silvia S15 Headlights?"
In response to Reply # 1

If you could i'd greatly appreciate it. let me know.

Original 15 of 2gnt.com

silvergs TDec-26-00 04:35 AM
Old School 2GNTer
16 posts,
#464, "RE: Anyone know where i can get Silvia S15 Headlights?"
In response to Reply # 2

Also, check out importfan.com, Ted usually gets alot of j-spec stuff, like skyline lights and alot of other stuff for sale. You should e-mail him cause he has some hookups!!

Teameclipse804Dec-26-00 12:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#465, "RE: Anyone know where i can get Silvia S15 Headlights?"
In response to Reply # 2

Hey, I just talked to a guy that said he had the Silvia S15 headlights for about 1000. These are the non-HID ones. Hid are about 600 more. Not sure how this pricing compares to what's out there, but this guy told me this is what he had. Let me know if you need more info.

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://importdeals.homestead.com
Import Parts and Performance

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

Thunderous_TalonDec-26-00 04:11 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1422 posts,
#466, "RE: Anyone know where i can get Silvia S15 Headlights?"
In response to Reply # 4

yeah i gathered it wouldnt be cheap, anywhere.... cause where i saw em the first time was @ wholesalehyperformance.com and thats where i saw em for 1400, i am gonna contact importfan.com see what they can do. anything in the 4 digit price range is insane, i may just see if i can find a junkyard in japan or something like that and see if i can get em, dont know hwo hard that would be... dont know japanese tho... ehehehe, owell any other help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanx Again

Original 15 of 2gnt.com

cyanDec-26-00 06:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#467, "RE: Anyone know where i can get Silvia S15 Headlights?"
In response to Reply # 5

thats the least of yor problems. now consider the cost to actually have them molded on and wired. i know those japanese-standard electrical components must be different than ours by much more than just another american light would be but i may be wrong. you could just cut some eyebrows out of your cars color in vinyl because if you follow the line where the hood curves for the headlights with vinyl, the result will be a light that looks like the s15's because the rest of our headlight is shaped the same with the exception of the downward curve at the top that th esilvia has. i was considering haveing my hood molded to cover the top of the headlight like i said with the eyebrows. the car looks much meaner with frowning headlights.

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

oRACLe063Dec-27-00 03:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
#468, "what about a cougar headlight conversion?"
In response to Reply # 6

i know this hasnt been done yet. and the headlights are the only part of the cougar i like . what do u guys think . i know it would require much cutting but do u think the means equal the extremes????

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

TeamicjeclipseDec-27-00 08:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
871 posts,
#469, "RE: what about a cougar headlight conversion?"
In response to Reply # 7

I bet it would look cool if done correctly. Only do it if you are going for all show because on the street it won't be that good for a couple reasons 1) if you get in an accident you are screwed 2)And if you just have bodykit, fenders and a wing you will be one of the tighest cars on the street. The eclipse has some of the best headlights already, maybe just paint the housings inside and get eyebrows.

Ian
95 Eclipse RS
http://www.geocities.com/icjeclipse/index.html

Ian | SoCal | Former 2GNT owner |
2GNT mods & pics: www.go.to/dsmdomination |
email: icjeclipse@earthlink.net |

cyanDec-28-00 05:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#470, "RE: what about a cougar headlight conversion?"
In response to Reply # 8

thats what i did. from more than 20 feet and less in the dark, they look just like the silvias

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

TeamicjeclipseDec-28-00 05:10 PM
Old School 2GNTer
871 posts,
#471, "cyan"
In response to Reply # 9

Can you please post or send me some pics. icj.eclipse@gateway.net

Ian
95 Eclipse RS
http://www.geocities.com/icjeclipse/index.html

Ian | SoCal | Former 2GNT owner |
2GNT mods & pics: www.go.to/dsmdomination |
email: icjeclipse@earthlink.net |

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #461 Previous topic | Next topic