Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #28532
View in threaded mode

Subject: "2G custom body kits" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
95ESiAug-08-02 06:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28532, "2G custom body kits"

Would there be at least 7 people interested in a custom body kit for their 2G?

I just need 6 more 2Gs preorders and we can have a cool kit made for around $600USD each.

We can use Squid's photoshopped front bumper as our cool front..

Anyone?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
soldier101Aug-08-02 06:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3862 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28533, "RE: 2G custom body kits"
In response to Reply # 0

what will the side skirts and rear bumper consist of?

turbo8u: "jiggle jiggle then vroom vroom pshhhh"
-Mike Pruett
2gnt member# 976
MOPAR Stage 2
SRTForums.com member #37 (Yeah, I signed up when it first came out, and ended up getting one, cool huh?)
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MindzAug-08-02 06:45 PM
Member since Feb 13th 2002
327 posts,
#28534, "RE: 2G custom body kits"
In response to Reply # 1

If I could see pictures of the sides and rear, I'd be in

SquidAug-08-02 09:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
927 posts,
#28535, "RE: 2G custom body kits"
In response to Reply # 2

Nooo!!! :'(

I won't stop you, but don't forget to give credit where credit is due (and a discount).

However I would be hesitant to buy a body kit that doesn't exist yet.

I am planning on giving it a go this winter regardless though. I don't know if I'll be able to accomplish anything, but I'll either have something by spring or throw my hands up in despair. I have some ideas for the sides of the front and a full body kit, but I’ve already given away too much.

-J

ghostAug-09-02 02:59 AM
Member since Jun 17th 2002
1581 posts,
#28536, "RE: 2G custom body kits"
In response to Reply # 3

>Nooo!!! :'(
>
>I won't stop you, but don't forget to give credit where
>credit is due (and a discount).
>
>However I would be hesitant to buy a body kit that doesn't
>exist yet.
>
>I am planning on giving it a go this winter regardless
>though. I don't know if I'll be able to accomplish anything,
>but I'll either have something by spring or throw my hands
>up in despair. I have some ideas for the sides of the front
>and a full body kit, but I’ve already given away too much.

I think you should have the rights to it or something squid.... This is your design, your intellectual property, and therefore you shouldn't JUST get a discount. It's your bumper man! Once they have a mold of it made...then it's just a matter of time before it gets more popular...don't you think?

I'd be a little more cautious than that, but that's just me.

And I'm not bashing anyone for making the bumper...I just don't want to see something good slip out of someone's hands.

later

- ghost

Ghost's Beginning College Guide:

http://www.cosmomag.com/

factory service manual http://www.ecanfix.com/users/manualcd/gift/dsm/index.html

Originally posted by a_miller_76
Ashley Simpson looks like she has downs syndrome or some kind of fucked up retard gene.

95ESiAug-09-02 04:55 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#28537, "RE: 2G custom body kits"
In response to Reply # 1

>what will the side skirts and rear bumper consist of?
>If I could see pictures of the sides and rear, I'd be in

Well, since this is completely a custom kit, everyone that's interested can collaborately decide upon it.

>However I would be hesitant to buy a body kit that doesn't exist yet.

Well, it's a preorder with a body kit company, and in order for them to make a mould and for it to be worthwhile (costs $$$$ to make just a mould), there has to be guaranteed interest. Thus why I asked if there would be any interested people. And if there is enough, we can continue with the next stage.

I'm going to get this company to do the custom work:

www.kcaero.com

They seem to have reasonable rates for doing custom work.
So your money won't be for naught. I'm not trying to rip anyone off, just trying to find a much better unplayed out style for our beloved cars!

>I think you should have the rights to it or something squid....
>This is your design, your intellectual property, and therefore you shouldn't JUST get a discount. It's your bumper man!

I'm not stealing his design or anything. Again this will be a custom kit that we can all finalize the details on.

Of course Squid will have the rights to his design. Perhaps Squid can even have the royalties from his design being sold, but again there has to be PROVEN interest in order for any company to even take the risk in devoting their time and resources in making the moulds. (What if it doesn't sell?)

basikstylz (Guest)Aug-09-02 08:46 AM

#28538, "RE: 2G custom body kits"
In response to Reply # 5

I would love to have the front.... But I don't need a whole kit... if the side skirts are nice I might get sold on those. but I don't need a rear.... I mean if I were to get one.... it would have to be off the hook... cuz mine is sooo rare already.

SquidAug-09-02 10:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
927 posts,
#28539, "RE: 2G custom body kits"
In response to Reply # 6

Well, like I said I’m going to try to build the front end at least. I don’t know how long it will take, or if I’ll even be successful. I know it’s a lot of work and requires skills that I as of yet do not posses. I am experienced with large sculptures, but although I’ve worked with many different media (stone, various types of clay, plaster, cement, iron); I’ve never worked with fiberglass. So the difficulty for me will not be in designing the kit, but rather making it into fiberglass. (I knew I should have kept my high school portfolio, but noooo I wanted to be an engineer )

Unfortunately for me copyright law gives me rights only to the altered picture (thanks for the support Ghost ) and not much else. So if you guys do pitch in and build the body kit that will entitle me to nothing more than being credited with the original concept. In other words; not much.

If you want a unique body kit I say give me a few months to show some progress before you take the idea to a shop. The shop will take a few weeks maybe even months in designing and building that kit anyway. And I’m not asking for money right now, just time.

But if it were me I would rather wait to see a built kit and pay for it then than put up money for a body kit based solely on a photoshopped picture. If you guys really want to part with your money I’ll be more than happy to take it, but I promise nothing.

-J

-J

95ESiAug-09-02 11:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#28540, "RE: 2G custom body kits"
In response to Reply # 6

Which rear end is that, basikstylz?

Well, I'm patient.

Let's see Squid's skillz shine.

I wonder how well will that look with a Kombat rear? Hmmmmmmmmm...

ghostAug-09-02 03:41 PM
Member since Jun 17th 2002
1581 posts,
#28541, "RE: 2G custom body kits"
In response to Reply # 8

>Which rear end is that, basikstylz?
>

AeroGear Xtreme series rear.... or something VERY similar.... I asked him about it earlier cuz I was interestesd in Xtreme kit....he said he thinks it's discontinued...and when I called AeroGear...they said "uh...we are out of stock on everything but the front of the kit".... so yeah, probably true. Sucks ass cuz it's a phat bumper, IMO!

>Well, I'm patient.
>
>Let's see Squid's skillz shine.

Yes, let's see squid skills! I still wish you could angle it somehow so you still gain royalties or something bro...like he said. I'd push on that, cuz I think you have a really great starting concept!

Good luck!

- ghost

Ghost's Beginning College Guide:

http://www.cosmomag.com/

factory service manual http://www.ecanfix.com/users/manualcd/gift/dsm/index.html

Originally posted by a_miller_76
Ashley Simpson looks like she has downs syndrome or some kind of fucked up retard gene.

TwisteAug-09-02 04:48 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2644 posts,
#28542, "RE: 2G custom body kits"
In response to Reply # 9

Im in if we do the Squid front. I love it so much! that was the coolest thing ive seen in a long time. If we do it, and it is urethane, then im in. I might consider fiberglass.

2003 Acura RSX Type-S
15.042 @ 93.06
Devon
Creator of one of the longest and most controversial posts in 2gnt history...
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=38&topic_id=112462&mesg_id=112462&page=

Originally posted by KaptainMyke
this is the greatest topic posting i have ever seen, in my entire life on the internet.

great story
great attempt at racism
dino goes batshit
i spilt my juice
i can't see my keyboard to type

this is great.

Originally posted by nappyjim
make sure you let her know what the dillyo is. just tell her you was the peanut butter and she was the jelly and that night, God decided to make a peanut butter n jelly sandwhich. But let her know God dont eat peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches everyday.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #28532 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic